Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 09:29 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I actually received an email today from the huff, asking for input on a story about real estate fraud.. I almost fell off my chair laughing..

"The Huffington Post Investigative Fund would like to shine a light on real estate schemes going on around the country.".. oooh the humor..
Did you refer them to Chris Dodd & Barney Frank?

Old 02-11-2010, 09:29 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Well, well, lookie here. Looks like all 3 of us are in agreement on how well informed GOP leaders are since they were the ones who gave the responses.
And your point is..........? The biggest threat to liberals and this administration is not the GOP, it is the people who are fed up with the status quo from both parties. They will likely vote anti Dem no matter what.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:34 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,867,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Whats the point? Beck isnt even a member of the GOP...
Never watch him, but I am pretty sure he is a registered Republican.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xodox View Post
never watch him, but i am pretty sure he is a registered republican.
lol!!!!!!

Old 02-11-2010, 09:37 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Default GOPers say they want to give Glenn the boot.

Like to see 'em try.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:41 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Beck is an equal opportunity basher. He dislikes the GOP as much as he does the Democrats. I seriously doubt he cares what the GOP thinks about him.
And you would like to think people are stupid enough to take your words seriously. Beck aligns himself with virtually everything that contemporary GOP stands for. And so much so, that he might be inching ahead of GOP's other mouthpiece.... Rush Limbaugh.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And you would like to think people are stupid enough to take your words seriously. Beck aligns himself with virtually everything that contemporary GOP stands for. And so much so, that he might be inching ahead of GOP's other mouthpiece.... Rush Limbaugh.
I never implied that anyone should pay any attention whatsoever to what I post. Any person who follows Glenn Beck will know he dislikes the GOP as much as he does the Dems. It is not rocket science, Einstein.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:45 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
I never watch him either, but I am pretty sure he should be registered with the local mental health office.

Excerpt from the OP's link:
"Given the opportunity to expel one member from the GOP, 30% said Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-ME), 7% said Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.), 15% said former Secretary of State Colin Powell, and 15" called for the ouster of bombastic conservative talk show host Glenn Beck."

I find it quite sad that 30% would like to expel Senator Snowe, for nothing more than being a moderate and most probably for being neutral on abortion, which is still THE single biggest hot button topic on the extreme right, i.e., the American Taliban contingent of the GOP. Sadder still is that only 7% would rid the GOP of whack job Bachmann. What's up with that? She's a national joke. At least one in six see Beck as an anchor around their neck.

Snowe was considered as a possible VP candidate with John McCain, and IMO, if SHE had been on the ticket instead of the empty headed facade Palin, then JM would be our POTUS today, with a VIABLE person in the "one heartbeat away" VP slot. But the American Taliban promised a floor fight if a fundie fave wasn't in the VP slot, so we got Palin for the VP slot and the GOP lost its ass, bigtime. Snowe has real CRED in the N.E. USA with McCain having CRED in the west, a good combination, but no, the mentality on the far right would rather lose the election - genius. A McCain/Snowe ticket had a GREAT shot at being the first party to put a women into the leadership stratosphere; if they boot anyone out of the GOP, it should the extreme religious right.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:51 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Beck has a hard on, for all Progressive politicians be it Repubic, or Demwit. He is going to F them all.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:54 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,046,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
And your point is..........? The biggest threat to liberals and this administration is not the GOP, it is the people who are fed up with the status quo from both parties. They will likely vote anti Dem no matter what.
If word gets out on the GOP budget proposals to nix SS and Medicare, The Tea Party grassroot members (consisting of older Americans by most accounts) surely won't be voting for the Republicans either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies