Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 12:27 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,958,589 times

Advertisements

New York Times/CBS Poll:

Poll - Obama Has Edge Over G.O.P. With Public - NYTimes.com
New York Times/CBS News Poll: An Edge in the Battle for Public Support - The New York Times

"Who do you think is mostly to blame for the current state of the nation's economy?

31% Bush
23% Wall Street
13% Congress
7 % Obama

10% Combination of the Above
9 % All of the Above
5% Someone else

http://i46.tinypic.com/2q02744.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 12:30 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
New York Times/CNS Poll:

Poll - Obama Has Edge Over G.O.P. With Public - NYTimes.com
New York Times/CBS News Poll: An Edge in the Battle for Public Support - The New York Times

"Who do you think is most responsible for the current state of the nation's economy?

31% Bush
23% Wall Street
13% Congress
7 % Obama

10% Combination of the Above
9 % All of the Above
5% Someone else

http://i46.tinypic.com/2q02744.jpg
I would like to have CBS start a new poll. What will be the official date that BO actually assumes responsibility as President.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:35 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Bush's and Congress at fault when he was in charge, and now Obama and Congress are at fault.

Bush created the biggest government and spending ever, but Obama didn't make any changes. All he did was to double or triple Bush's spending.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:38 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I would like to have CBS start a new poll. What will be the official date that BO actually assumes responsibility as President.
He has already assumed responsibility for fixing the mess, but if he said he created the mess he would be lying.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:40 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I think he's responsible now.... But it's not his mess. And almost every reputable economist (non-political hack economist) and a larger percentage of Americans agree. But Americans are impatient and wanted the economy to turn around immediately-- But it never does.

Interesting -- at least when it comes to jobs-- that the trend reversed upon Obama's inauguration and the trend has continued to improve consistently through his presidency so far...

Sorry to confuse your anger and agitation with actual facts that undermine your Obama hating world view:

CHART OF THE DAY: It's Official: Obama Is Creaming Bush When It Comes To Jobs

Old 02-12-2010, 12:40 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Laying blame on others is the mark of an unsuccessful person.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I think he's responsible now.... But it's not his mess. And almost every reputable economist (non-political hack economist) and a larger percentage of Americans agree. But Americans are impatient and wanted the economy to turn around immediately-- But it never does.

Interesting -- at least when it comes to jobs-- that the trend reversed upon Obama's inauguration and the trend has continued to improve consistently through his presidency so far...

Sorry to confuse your anger and agitation with actual facts that undermine your Obama hating world view:

CHART OF THE DAY: It's Official: Obama Is Creaming Bush When It Comes To Jobs
Indeed. It is like the same chart, but in reverse

Old 02-12-2010, 12:47 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Laying blame on others is the mark of an unsuccessful person.
How far do you have to twist every fact till until you find an anti-Obama spin. You realize, of course, that after a while it makes you look ridiculous and one dimensional.

I don't support Obama on everything. I feel like he should have shown better leadership on healthcare, should have led the way on tighter regulations on Wall Street immediately, and has been to bipartisan when its obvious the efforts were fruitless.

However, I don't ignore facts and twist them so I like them better. That's apparently what you are doing, and it makes your side of the debate dishonest and nonproductive.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:48 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Indeed. It is like the same chart, but in reverse
http://static.businessinsider.com/im...istrations.gif
Obviously a liberal media bias conspiracy of some sort!

Old 02-12-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
Obviously a liberal media bias conspiracy of some sort!
No doubt. The real numbers are hidden in a vault at FOX headquaters, and they will be revealed when the time is ripe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies