Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 10:56 AM

6,084 posts, read 6,053,121 times

Advertisements

This is just childish especially coming from the so called aisle of personal responsibility.

If the stimulus was so wrong and ineffective, why do you want to dip your hand into the cookie jar.

Read it and weep, your public servants at their wors,..., er,...., work.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:00 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,971,975 times
Oh the hypocrisy. Obama promises not to sign any legislation containing earmarks and then signed the Stimulus which was loaded with 9,000 earmarks.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:01 AM

32,820 posts, read 19,513,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
This is just childish especially coming from the so called aisle of personal responsibility.

If the stimulus was so wrong and ineffective, why do you want to dip your hand into the cookie jar.

Read it and weep, your public servants at their wors,..., er,...., work.
so you are saying that 'just because' they were against the bill, that they shouldnt be allowed to ask for some of the pie now that it is law

fine next time you wife want to buy something and you say it cost too much, but she gets it anyway, keep you hands to your self

the childishness of the left...I dont like you so I am taking my ball and no-body can play

Old 02-09-2010, 11:04 AM

89,105 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:
"I strongly opposed the stimulus, but the only thing that could make it worse would be if none of it returned to the taxpayers of Missouri."
What do you see wrong in trying to get taxpayers' money to fund projects in the states of the people who paid (or will be paying) the additional taxes (or greater interest on the national debt)?

Oh, I get it... like a typical liberal, you want someone else to pay for what you, or your state, gets.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:06 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,150,110 times
If you were against gambling, but your parents won the Powerball lottery, would you let your personal politics keep you from asking them for much needed financial relief?

I didn't think so.

Get off your high horse. You're no different than the rest of humanity.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:07 AM

Too many people particularly on one side of the aisle speak with forked tongues.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:11 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,971,975 times
Quote:
Too many people particularly on one side of the aisle speak with forked tongues.
Forget the sides of the aisle with forked tongues and look at the Head of State himself!

But ok, yes, I'll give you that politicians, in general and regardless of which side of the aisle they occupy on any given day, lie if their mouths are moving.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:12 AM

89,105 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:
Might not be a very good idea to cut project funding off in Michigan. There's a LOT of unemployment in that state. Do the Dems want to lose Michigan's union vote?

Old 02-09-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
If you were against gambling, but your parents won the Powerball lottery, would you let your personal politics keep you from asking them for much needed financial relief?

I didn't think so.

Get off your high horse. You're no different than the rest of humanity.
So what you're really saying is those claiming personal responsibility, fiscal discipline, and family values and divine morality (whatever that means), when it comes down to it, will revert to their basest instincts once the temptation and opportunity presents itself.

Well at least you're honest about. I could almost rep you! Almost.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:51 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,372,815 times
Republican posters with their noses in the air have responded to me "you are not a conservative you are a libertarian and there is a difference".And I have refereed to them as fake conservatives and nothing but puke {R}s and this story points that out with flying colors.
I am sure when we go to their campaign websites those {R} leaders will claim they are fiscal conservatives that fought against the stimulus and are concerned about the debt we are leaving our children.There won't be a peep on how they helped spend the stimulus money.
On another thread it talks about how the tea party is coming after Ron Paul's seat,one of his opponents is complaining that Paul never brings or fights for money for the district.Hmmmm,maybe Paul is the real conservative and is really concerned about the debt we are leaving our children.I think that is what is called principle,something that most fake {R} conservatives no nothing about.
Yep,those {R} posters were right their is a big difference between a fake conservative {R} and a conservative libertarian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies