Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 12:06 PM

111 posts, read 376,106 times

Advertisements

This posting needs to be premised: I am a center-right conservative. I firmly believe that less government is better for most individuals in our society.

This being said, I have noticed a trend among some die-hard conservatives: they defend Sarah Palin blindly without listening to any facts. I seriously don't know what the fascination is with her. I call this Palin Derangement Syndrome because it is so similar to the way the far-left blames everything and anything on Bush, which has been named Bush Derangement Syndrome. Bush can do no good according to these folks, and Palin can do no wrong according to her blind followers.
The reason I came to this conclusion was a discussion with my father-in-law about Palin. I just finished reading Game Change, which is a superb book by the way, and told him some of her interactions on the campaign. The stories in this book are fully corroborated by multiple sources, and yet my FIL wouldn't hear any of it, or would spin it about how the media was out to get her. I'm sorry, but it wasn't just the media that was out to get her: a good chunk of the voting population dislike her as much as they disliked Hillary Clinton, who had the highest negatives of any politician since they started doing said polling. I don't like Sarah Palin, and I think she would be disastrous as a presidential nominee. I was glad to hear that she finished closed to last in the CPAC straw poll this weekend (although I was stupefied by Ron Paul's victory, and then was comforted by the boos that followed the announcement).

Last edited by silvad242; 02-21-2010 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: Grammer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 12:25 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,755,351 times
When I hear Palin supporters labeling anyone who disagrees with Palin rhetoric as "Haters" & "Palin Derangement Syndrome" it reminds me of the bullies in grade school who were only capable of verbalizing via name calling..... "nahanananahana.... you have cooties..."(tongue sticking out )

Old 02-21-2010, 12:34 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,643,173 times
Sarah Palin is every bit as intelligent as anyone who posts on CD, and most like far more intelligent than most who do. If people don't care for her, that is their right, but don't make up outrageous things to try and prove your point.
To make the point the Op is attempting to make proves this, and many posts like it, to be nothing but a troll and should be deleted...

Old 02-21-2010, 12:51 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Sarah Palin is every bit as intelligent as anyone who posts on CD,
If the posted SAT scores are an indication, please don't include me in that "anyone". PLEASE!

Old 02-21-2010, 12:59 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,404,085 times
I find it very funny also. There are so many other Republican choices that would be much better. Somebody like Palin is just not a serious contender if she were to run.

I'm on the other side of the fence and we had Ralph Nader. I think that he stole votes that would have gone Democrat if he didn't run.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:08 PM

7 posts, read 7,123 times
What facts? The fact that she has more executive experience than the Democratic ticket (and still does)? The fact that every ethics violation complaint against her has been dismissed as frivolous? That most of those complaints were from the same small group of people? That, best of all, she drives the Loony Left absolutely bonkers?

And yes, the MSM WAS out to get her. She was running for VP, and yet she recieved far more scrutiny than the ZerO, who was running for the top spot and whose credentials were unquestioned. She was excoriated for dropping her "G's", while ZerO's cannot pronounce Corpsman. She was chastized for penned "crib notes" in her palm, while ZerO needs $100,000 worth of TelePrompters, a moving truck, and a script crew to talk to 6th graders. Sarahs daughter was harangued and parodied, while ZerO's associations were discounted. Let's not even get into Bidens gaffes, like FDR's TV address of 1929!

Granted, Sarah may not yet be ready for Prime Time, but she's still got another 30 years available to mature. She's got more common sense than our total current Administration. She actually did overturn the corruptocrats (of her own Party) in AK.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:08 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
If the posted SAT scores are an indication, please don't include me in that "anyone". PLEASE!
ditto!

Old 02-21-2010, 01:13 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
I find it very funny also. There are so many other Republican choices that would be much better. Somebody like Palin is just not a serious contender if she were to run.

I'm on the other side of the fence and we had Ralph Nader. I think that he stole votes that would have gone Democrat if he didn't run.
You can blame Nader for upetting the election, but please do not compare the two otherwise. I fault Nader for not running a serioius camaign, but the brains, patriotism and concern for the common person that Nader has in his little pinky, Palin in her wildest dreams will never posess if she lives to be 100!

Old 02-21-2010, 01:20 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrian View Post
And yes, the MSM WAS out to get her.
Please. Palin should be kissing the feet of the mainstream media and thanking them for turning her into the wealthy celebrity that she is today. The idea that she's a victim of the media is ludicrous.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:25 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,755,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrian View Post
What facts? The fact that she has more executive experience than the Democratic ticket (and still does)? The fact that every ethics violation complaint against her has been dismissed as frivolous? That most of those complaints were from the same small group of people? That, best of all, she drives the Loony Left absolutely bonkers?

And yes, the MSM WAS out to get her. She was running for VP, and yet she recieved far more scrutiny than the ZerO, who was running for the top spot and whose credentials were unquestioned. She was excoriated for dropping her "G's", while ZerO's cannot pronounce Corpsman. She was chastized for penned "crib notes" in her palm, while ZerO needs $100,000 worth of TelePrompters, a moving truck, and a script crew to talk to 6th graders. Sarahs daughter was harangued and parodied, while ZerO's associations were discounted. Let's not even get into Bidens gaffes, like FDR's TV address of 1929!

Granted, Sarah may not yet be ready for Prime Time, but she's still got another 30 years available to mature. She's got more common sense than our total current Administration. She actually did overturn the corruptocrats (of her own Party) in AK.
That is not true that every ethics violation complaint was dismissed.

A legislative investigation concluded that Gov. Sarah Palin abused her power in pushing for the firing of the Alaska state trooper who was once married to her sister in the so-called Troopergate investigation.

Also after an ethics complaint regarding using state funds for the travel of her children, Palin paid back a large portion of her children's travel expenses in a settlement.

As Alaskans, we all want to know more about how "Palin overturned the corruptocrats in her own party". She did bust Randy Ruedrich, who was a fellow AK oil & gas commission member with Palin, for doing campaign business on state time before she was governor. He was fined $12,000 (interesting how Palin campaigned for VP on our state $) All of the other investigations & convictions up here in Alaska were federal investigations of which Palin had no part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies