Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 10:14 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
Commentary is generally not worth the time. Never referenced facts, just the same ol' tired song and dance.

"Let us entertain you and insult your simple mind with still more assertions, fear mongering, and dooms day prophecies and conspiracies."
Who did you quote there, Sarge? The use of quotation marks indicates that you quoted somebody but I don't recognize those words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
You'll notice that the OP posts a lot of things like this to start flame wars and not for real discussion.
Did you read the link? If so why not discuss a bit instead of all the flaming? I am ready and willing to discuss it all with you but you don't even mention the words in the whole thing.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Duh! 'Ya think?

But sarge you guys refuse to discuss. You all use the normal lib attacks on the messenger, deflection and so on but never seem to want to discuss.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
"called on Obama to remove Emanuel, arguing that he needs someone who knows how to navigate Washington"

Emmanuel may or may not be the best choice, but to claim that he doesn't know how to navigate in Washington after being Clinton's Assistant to the President for Political Affairs and then Senior Advisor to the President for Policy and Strategy, a Congressman and Chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee is facetious at best, or just plain stupid at worst. I tend to vote for the latter.
I wonder which of the four people mentioned in that article will be the first to go. I think that I have seem more about Emanuel being first but then not from the duties you mentioned which he sure did do for that last Dem President. The man did those jobs quite well but I don't know that any of them prepared him to be the main political advisor of Obama. I wonder about the others one of which is nothing but a very accomplished liar who runs when he can't handle the deal. (Gibbs)

Again, I agree with you about Emanuel and the way he performed before.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh, thats funny. I always link to articles, filled with facts.

But if you haven't bothered to click the link and read the article.....
That is the way of the lefties, to ignore looking at the links but to always attack the messenger but seldom discuss what they didn't read. How can they do it when they don't read what you give them.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Ahhhh, "listening to the people" . . .

The People: "I've been unemployed for XXX months, please endorse the stimulus extending unemployment benefits . . . "

Conservatives: "Eh?"

The People: "My insurance will only cover part of an expensive medical procedure . . . "

Conservatives: "So, at least you have insurance! If you don't have insurance, well it sucks to be you."
I'm sorry but I just can't make out anything you tried to post there.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Because of this;
That is exactly what I see them doing so often. They howl about discussion but usually haven't read the link so it is hard for them to discuss since they don't know what is there. I think they use that method to keep from being informed about anything they don't want to know about.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:30 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
hussein obama and his crew came into office with blinders on. They are one sighted in their target to change/destroy this country. They want chaos, they need chaos to achieve their dream of destroying the economy. It is a Chicago mafia type thug route. It is by hussein obama faviorite book, Alinsky's Rules for Radicals.

They will go forward with their plans no matter what the pople think. Look how the left wingers comtinue to support him with blind obediance even when he lies to them. It is astounding!

Old 02-21-2010, 10:30 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
But sarge you guys refuse to discuss. You all use the normal lib attacks on the messenger, deflection and so on but never seem to want to discuss.
When information is presented intelligently as a supposed fact with something credible to support the fact then there can be a discussion. Commentary with virtually nothing is not credible.

Here's an example of commentary worth discussion. Notice news reports, not assertions, are linked to support the author's points. Also, the title of the opinion is misleading it is not ALL about Palin, so don't get excited about it.

Op-Ed Columnist - Palin’s Cunning Sleight of Hand - NYTimes.com

As it is, the article only takes quotes from phrases, not entire conversations or even sentences or about what the discussion was about. Anybody can bend a phrase to mean anything they want.

Time for me to go to bed and punch a clock in the morning. Good night.

Last edited by theolsarge; 02-21-2010 at 10:42 PM..

Old 02-21-2010, 10:36 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
When information is presented intelligently as a supposed fact with something credible to support the fact then there can be a discussion. Commentary with virtually nothing is not credible.
You must not have read the article. Sen Bayh with his very telling comments.

The FACTS, like these;

Quote:
More than a year into the Obama administration, with healthcare yet to be reformed, Wall Street banks continuing to pay huge bonuses and Guantanamo Bay prison still open, that mood of hope has turned to disillusion. Obama’s policy of engagement has yielded no progress in the Middle East or Iran; the war in Afghanistan continues to exact a big toll in lives and dollars; while the heaviest snow in Washington for 90 years seems to have stymied any hope of climate change legislation.
Can you dispute any of these facts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies