Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 09:13 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
It might have something to do with the fact that he considers himself the president, not the black president. Big difference. He is the president of all us, no matter our color...in case it needs to be spelled out to anyone.
But that was not what people like Tavis Smiley thought when they voted for him. Isn't that is what this thread is about?

The Associated Press: PBS host Smiley calls meeting to urge black agenda

YouTube - Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!!

YouTube - Obama Money - Where Did it Come From?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 09:28 AM

938 posts, read 1,230,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm doing my part in whatever way I can, but this isn't about me. Obama, on the other hand was supposed to be a 'community organizer' and a state senator before coming to Washington, D.C. As such, he never did anything to address the violence problems in his own back yard. He turned his back on them, on his own community.
Seems like his organizaing skills didn't do much. and now he's the president?

wow

Old 03-04-2010, 09:44 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm doing my part in whatever way I can, but this isn't about me. Obama, on the other hand was supposed to be a 'community organizer' and a state senator before coming to Washington, D.C. As such, he never did anything to address the violence problems in his own back yard. He turned his back on them, on his own community.
and is this really his problem to solve? I didn't know politicians could solve human violence? Black or White.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:57 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
fringe Black groups like the NAACP...hate to break it to you horse but the NAACP is not a 'fringe" group

Old 03-04-2010, 11:01 AM

89,002 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
and is this really his problem to solve? I didn't know politicians could solve human violence? Black or White.
What was he before he was a politician? Hmmm???

Would that be a 'community organizer' in Chicago? You know, the city where black youths have murdered each other, at will, for decades? Why, yes!

Old 03-04-2010, 11:09 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
But that was not what people like Tavis Smiley thought when they voted for him. Isn't that is what this thread is about?

The Associated Press: PBS host Smiley calls meeting to urge black agenda

YouTube - Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!!

YouTube - Obama Money - Where Did it Come From?
How are these people any different from the folks who are convinced that Obama will send people to 're-education camps' and 'overturn the Constitution.'
Delusion is delusion is delusion. I know that I am mortified at the ignorance regularly expressed by people on both sides of the 'aisle.' What makes people so gullible? Certainly there is no credible evidence that any of these things were ever said or promised by anyone running for any office.

The only thing I can take comfort in is the fact that the opinions expressed by the people in these videos is not parroted by our elected officials, unlike some of those expressed by the 'other side' (see Bachmann, Michelle), where they seem to travel from the top down.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:11 AM

4 posts, read 3,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
Since Obama has been elected I've only seen him surrounded by his cronies from Acorn and his crooked Cabinet. I hardly ever see him in the same frame with Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, or any of the fringe Black groups like the NAACP and the Black Caucus? I haven't even seen him do a town hall meeting on BET yet and he's done at least 10 so far across the nation on CNN, MSNBC, and MTV etc.... Why does it seem like this guy doesn't connect with the Black comunity of America?
Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are buffoons. I would not want a president who would surround himself with those dolts.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:14 AM

4 posts, read 3,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
How are these people any different from the folks who are convinced that Obama will send people to 're-education camps' and 'overturn the Constitution.'
Delusion is delusion is delusion. I know that I am mortified at the ignorance regularly expressed by people on both sides of the 'aisle.' What makes people so gullible? Certainly there is no credible evidence that any of these things were ever said or promised by anyone running for any office.

The only thing I can take comfort in is the fact that the opinions expressed by the people in these videos is not parroted by our elected officials, unlike some of those expressed by the 'other side' (see Bachmann, Michelle), where they seem to travel from the top down.
The lady in the first video was clearly making reference to Obama improving the economy, not paying for her gas and mortgage.
LOL

Old 03-06-2010, 05:17 PM

380 posts, read 691,762 times
Why would anyone think President Obama is not "in league" with any "right-standing" organization, including the NAACP? President Obama understands he serves a country and world comprised of various races and ethnicities of people. His role as President is to embrace, address and advance the needs and concerns of all races of people.

President Obama is a very caring, loving and concerned Commander-In-Chief. He is literally trying to focus on everyone in addressing the ails that are facing this country and world, while simultaneously being an awesomeand admirable family man. He takes great pride in his race and ethnicity and doesn't have to be affiliated with the NAACP, or any other organization to demonstrate his passion. He doesn't have to use "photo ops" to exhibit such traits, or to prove anything to anyone.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:49 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
Since Obama has been elected I've only seen him surrounded by his cronies from Acorn and his crooked Cabinet. I hardly ever see him in the same frame with Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, or any of the fringe Black groups like the NAACP and the Black Caucus? I haven't even seen him do a town hall meeting on BET yet and he's done at least 10 so far across the nation on CNN, MSNBC, and MTV etc.... Why does it seem like this guy doesn't connect with the Black comunity of America?
Apparently you missed this during the campaign and how Jesse feels about Obama:

YouTube - Jesse Jackson on Obama: 'Wanna Cut His Nuts Off"

CBC hasn't been to charmed with him either
Black Caucus tells Obama you've done too little for African-Americans - TheHill.com-

He has though catered to the NAACP as they have ALOT of $$ with which to support him.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...071601929.html

The whole "redistribute the wealth" line is also double speak for civil war retribution pay in case you didn't realize. So he is about being President to part of the population, just those who support him and want his agenda, not willing to be President to all of the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies