Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 11:08 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
He seems a bit intimidated by the mention of his association with Abramoff.

Think Progress » Abramoff: The House That Jack Built

With the exception of a handful of real Statesman, Washington needs to be hosed down with pesticides, disinfectants and then fumigated.
Of course Hayworth is intimidated by being linked to Abramoff. Hell his connections to Abramoff is the main reason why he got thrown out of office in 2006. McCain is flip flopping all over himself to move to the far right reaches of the Republican

This really shows the current level of extremism in the Republican Party. McCain has to flip flop all over himself and move hard right in order to fight off a Primary challenge from his right from a corrupt Jack Abramoff wing nut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 11:12 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
So far we're 3-0 in a "fractured state". What's that say about the Dems?
That has nothing to do with what I said, but since you brought it up, I can't help but think of the Congressional election in New York's 23rd District. That didn't go so well for the fractured party.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:25 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Of course Hayworth is intimidated by being linked to Abramoff. Hell his connections to Abramoff is the main reason why he got thrown out of office in 2006. McCain is flip flopping all over himself to move to the far right reaches of the Republican

This really shows the current level of extremism in the Republican Party. McCain has to flip flop all over himself and move hard right in order to fight off a Primary challenge from his right from a corrupt Jack Abramoff wing nut.
These guys really need to call it a day. They are all so tainted. I don't know what the future holds for the next generations in Washington, but this period in history's elected representatives has to be the most corrupted, thieving and lying bunch that ever walked the halls of the Capitol.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:51 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The former six-term congressman isn’t yet officially in the race but already the Arizona GOP Senate primary shows signs of turning into a bare-knuckle brawl.
Hayworth is officially in the race. The above is incorrect

And it will be an ugly campaign.

And it is quite possible that JD will be the next US Senator from the Great State of Arizona

Old 02-24-2010, 11:53 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Feel free to correct me, but I don't think the man has ever done an honest day's work in his life.
JD has had a long and lustrous career in broadcasting - specifically sports.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:26 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times
He'll never do it. If he brings up the Keating five, that brings up Silverado S&L, which the country has only just finished paying off about 8-10 years ago, and then that will drag in the Bushies (especially Jeb, who's in FL and my, my won't that be embarrassing) and then they both get beat by a tea-party "activist" who then loses AZ for the Dem's.

On second thought, I hope he does...

Old 02-25-2010, 01:30 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Hayworth is officially in the race. The above is incorrect

And it will be an ugly campaign.

And it is quite possible that JD will be the next US Senator from the Great State of Arizona

I agree this will be ugly, and JD could defeat McCain in the Primary (though at this point I think its unlikely). However, if Hayworth wins the Primary, the Dems probably pick up the seat. Hayworth's Abramoff connections sink him in the General if he maes it there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies