Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 08:18 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
Your intent is transparent...first you tell me to "prove" I've never cheated on "my spouse"
Um, I thought it was exceptionally obvious, but that was to demonstrate just how idiotic your demand was.

You can't prove that you never cheated. It's impossible. That doesn't mean that you have, though, right? Well, it would be impossible for me to prove that the every contrail you see or have ever seen is just that - a contrail - but that doesn't mean that it's not.

Quote:
and now you tell me I need to set up a camera and follow your instructions?
I'm not saying you "need" to do anything. I'm saying that if you really believe that there is one plane that's flying back and forth, creating this "crisscross" pattern, it would be very simple to prove, and you probably already have everything you need to do it.

It's a cheap, simple experiment that would go a long way in proving your claim. Of course, it could easily disprove it, too, which is why I don't think you'll do it. I don't think you could stand having to reexamine your position, once you looked at the results of your own experiment.

Some people can't handle being wrong about something - especially something that they've believed in so passionately for so long. They can't bring themselves to admit that they'd been duped so badly. Have you already spent money on an orgone generator? If so, you might already be too far gone.

Try taking a more scientific approach. Don't just blindly accept what online nutters that have something to sell are saying. Don't just take my word for it, either. Get out there and figure it out for yourself!

Quote:
you are clearly trying to evoke an emotional and/or irrational response, thereby making anything I say seem unreliable
Biting tongue...

Quote:
At any rate, the reason I responded on this thread (even though it had been "buried") was in hopes of a getting good amount of videos, links, and information in the responses so those who might be silently reading will have plenty of resources available to read and watch in order to come to their own conclusions on this matter.
That's not "coming to their own conclusions." That's "reaching the conclusions that the authors and creators of those websites and videos want them to reach." Tell me - of all the links and videos you posted, how many exist to disprove the chemtrail theory? Kind of one-sided information you're providing, isn't it?

You've already shown that you're not open to the possibility that the whole "chemtrail" concept is just a bad theory with nothing to support it. In other words, if we disagree, we're wrong. So much for letting people "come to their own conclusions on this matter," eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 08:25 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Fake, Hoax, Chemtrail Videos - Contrail Science

Old 12-08-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

I loved the geese with chemtrails! Hysterical!

Old 12-08-2010, 01:29 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,586,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Some people can't handle being wrong about something - especially something that they've believed in so passionately for so long. They can't bring themselves to admit that they'd been duped so badly. Have you already spent money on an orgone generator? If so, you might already be too far gone.
LOL...no, I'm not planning to buy any crazy contraptions.

Quote:
Try taking a more scientific approach. Don't just blindly accept what online nutters that have something to sell are saying. Don't just take my word for it, either. Get out there and figure it out for yourself!
Again, I am not buying anything...just voicing the side of the argument you're against. Why don't you go collect some soil and rain samples in areas where people claim it's getting sprayed a lot and have them tested for aluminum and barium? You're so gung-ho on scientific proof, it should be a joy for you to prove that people are only imagining the levels being as high as they are in those exact areas, right?

Quote:
That's not "coming to their own conclusions." That's "reaching the conclusions that the authors and creators of those websites and videos want them to reach." Tell me - of all the links and videos you posted, how many exist to disprove the chemtrail theory? Kind of one-sided information you're providing, isn't it?
You conveniently forget that I am not the only person providing links and videos...I'm not even the person who started the thread! If those on the "chemtrails are a hoax" side of the argument failed to provide ample information to back their side, that's not my problem.

Quote:
You've already shown that you're not open to the possibility that the whole "chemtrail" concept is just a bad theory with nothing to support it. In other words, if we disagree, we're wrong. So much for letting people "come to their own conclusions on this matter," eh?
In other words, because you couldn't convince me to abandon my opinion and adopt YOURS, I'm not "open to possibility", and somehow this doesn't allow for others to "come to their own conclusions"? WOW...didn't think I had that much power to sway minds! Why can't you just accept that we disagree about this subject and let others voice THEIR opinions instead of dragging me into this long-winded back-and-forth? Why does it matter so much to you what I think? You don't even know me...move on. I will do the same, I'm done with this interaction and with this thread...as I said, it is no longer buried, people have access to a good amount of information here, and that's all I wanted. Agree to disagree instead of telling others what to do and what to think.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Why don't you go collect some soil and rain samples in areas where people claim it's getting sprayed a lot and have them tested for aluminum and barium?
If those on the "chemtrails are a hoax" side of the argument failed to provide ample information to back their side, that's not my problem.
Do we have to revisit the "prove you've never cheated on your spouse" thing again?

I'm not the one making wild assertions about vast conspiracies to do... I don't know... something to us via toxic spraying. The burden of proof is on those claiming that something nefarious is going on.

Think of it like a trial. The accused doesn't have to prove their innocence. It's the accuser that must make their case, provide evidence and convince a jury that the accused is guilty.

So let's see the evidence. Prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that your accusation has merit. My only obligation is to stand by and watch while you present your case, as I'm on the side of the accused. What I've seen so far - and I've looked at a LOT of material that's supposed to support the accusation - while hilarious, is unconvincing.

Quote:
In other words, because you couldn't convince me to abandon my opinion and adopt YOURS, I'm not "open to possibility", and somehow this doesn't allow for others to "come to their own conclusions"?
You're trying to convert people. Don't deny it. The evidence you've provided is completely one sided, and despite your "I want people to reach their own conclusions" BS, when someone with a position different from yours enters the conversation, what do you do? You engage them and try to convince them that YOUR position is one of facts, not theory.

Sorry, but your attempt to appear fair and/or objective was a dismal failure.

Quote:
WOW...didn't think I had that much power to sway minds!
You don't, and I don't know where you got the idea that I said you did.

Quote:
Why can't you just accept that we disagree about this subject and let others voice THEIR opinions instead of dragging me into this long-winded back-and-forth?
I accepted that the first time I read one of your posts in this thread, and there's nothing whatsoever stopping anyone from participating. Except maybe if they're laughing too hard to type.

Also, it takes two to tango. If you don't want to be conversing with me here, then why are you? I'm not "dragging" you into anything. You're here of your own free will.

Quote:
it is no longer buried, people have access to a good amount of information here, and that's all I wanted.
Oh, there's a good amount of information. None of it is good information, unfortunately. Except maybe the link that workingclasshero posted - that was great!

Quote:
Agree to disagree instead of telling others what to do and what to think.
If you think I was telling you what to think, then you must be very easily manipulated. Actually, that wouldn't surprise me, considering the position you've taken on this issue.

Tell me - how many other "skeptics" have suggested a cheap and simple experiment that YOU could do that could lend scientific credence to your position? I'm not "telling you what to think." I'm telling you TO think! Stop letting Internet nutters do your thinking for you and go get the answers yourself! Heck, if you can prove that you're on the side of fact, you'll become a very rich person! The book deals alone would be worth millions!

Old 12-08-2010, 02:48 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,533,221 times
luvmycat--Bravo to you to keep this up front for people to do there own research on this. I will add to the information pool. If they want to debate the issue, it is an advantage and more will be reading and trying to grasp the reality of this.

Geoengineering Geo Engineering Weather Modification AAAS Science Ken Caldei

Atmospheric Geoengineering Weather Manipulation, Contrails and Chemtrails

YouTube - jack42grafton's Channel

Rosalind Peterson -- Experimental Weather Modification Coming to Your Neighborhood Soon

Yahoo also has a chemtrail tracking group with alot of information.

Here are some state groups that I know of. There are millions of people aware of this and are doing what they can to stop this. These sites have plenty of test results of the dangerous things being sprayed on us. The question are we being sprayed because of false information on global warming, population control or just the military experinmenting on the people. Or all of them. Weather modification definately plays into this, HAARP is a very real threat to us all.

HAARP.net - The Military's Pandora's Box by Dr

Arizona Skywatch

Connecticut Skywatch - Home

Missouri Sky Watch

Welcome to CaliforniaSkyWatch

New York Skywatch » Archive du blog » New York Skywatch May 25, 2010

Chemtrails 911 - Exposing aerial crimes and aerosol operations,because it's an

Here is info on 2 of the known ingredients being sprayed. Being in a small town and watching the people sick after a heavy spraying is quite shocking. The allergies that are popping up in everyone is another symptom. People in bigger cities might not be able to see it as clearly. This is where I feel PHARMA is involved, they are getting richer by the day by sickening the people. Proof, nope, just following who will profit by this.

Aluminum Poisoning

How to Treat Barium Poisoning eHow

How it affects the trees.

GeoEngineering and Nationwide Tree Decline

Old 12-08-2010, 04:20 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,586,460 times
Thank YOU, UpNort, for sharing such a wealth of information throughout this thread!

Yep, Big Pharma is hell-bent on keeping people sick (and stupid). If people knew how to heal themselves through diet and natural methods, and how to weed out the toxic stuff they plague themselves with on a daily basis, they would stand to lose enormous profit. A toxic world, indeed...
Big Pharma news and articles

Old 12-08-2010, 05:48 PM

I'll add to the linkfest:

On Atmospheric Disturbances, "Chemtrails" and the "Croft Chembuster": Critical Discussions
Quote:
given their claim that nearly all persisting jet contrails are "chemtrails", and the large number of geographical regions where "chemtrails" are claimed to be sprayed, this would require a gigantic global effort equal to that of nearly all of global civil aviation. For that, there is no evidence whatsoever.
(emphasis mine)

If you guys can keep your attention focused long enough to read the entire thing, it would probably be worth your while.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:23 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
There would be no need for anyone to spray barium or aluminum...

Source of Barium include the following:

Agent swallowed by patients for certain X-Ray procedures
Ceramics
Plastics
Glass
Picture tubes
Soap
Rubber
Pesticides

Barium displaces potassium in cells which can lead to muscle weakness, changes in nervous system function and heart abnormalities.

Aluminum

Aluminum is the third most abundant element in the earth's crust. It can be found in the following sources:

Food Additives (leavening agents)
Antacids
Buffered Aspirin
Haemorrhoid medication
Vaccines
Toothpaste
Anti-perspirants
Bleaching agents
Pots
Tin foil
Municipal water
Acid Rain
Dental cements
Dentures

Aluminum damages the brain and is linked to Alzheimer's Disease. It affects the muscles, liver, lungs, kidneys, skin, reproductive organs, stomach, thyroid, and bone.

Also common in many foods, and no this is not because of your conspiracy chemtrail fantasy, but is completely natural. If you can find a banana without aluminum in it, more power to you. In fact, here is just a small list of some of the heavy metals commonly found in foods we regularly eat.

Almonds: Aluminum, barium, nickel, rubidium, silicon, strontium, sulfur, and titanium.
Apples: Aluminum, arsenic, barium, lead, nickel, silicon, and titanium.
Broccoli: Aluminum, nickel, silicon, strontium, sulfur, and titanium.
Carrots: Aluminum, barium, lithium, nickel, rubidium, silicon, strontium, sulfur, and titanium.
Grapes: Aluminum, barium, lithium, nickel, rubidium, silicon, strontium, sulfur, and titanium.
Tomatoes: Aluminum, barium, bromine, lithium, nickel, silicon, strontium, sulfur, and titanium.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:54 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
The aluminum in natural foods is bound, and chelated out of your system.

In the old days, that was why food was called food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies