Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 05:06 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times

Advertisements

^ sorry Wapasha but I'm not a Dem, registered Independent for 20 years. I can assure that the Repubs will not take over Congress in 2010 either. The GOP bled to many seats in 2006 & 2008 especially in the House for them to even have a chance to take over the House.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 05:07 PM

37,979 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I've heard this a hundred times and it not true. Just like the video--just keep saying it over and over.

Heads up--The dem's plan is going to use private for profit insurance companies not a one payer, government run agency.
How can you say this when many democrats have stated they will refuse to vote for a bill that does not include a single payer, government run public plan?

We have 0bama on video saying he wants a single payer, universal health care plan, we have others in the current democrat leadership stating that their goal, thru this health care process, is to arrive at a single payer, universal health care plan. So i have no clue where you are coming from.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:10 PM

37,979 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
^ sorry Wapasha but I'm not a Dem, registered Independent for 20 years. I can assure that the Repubs will not take over Congress in 2010 either. The GOP bled to many seats in 2006 & 2008 especially in the House for them to even have a chance to take over the House.
I don't care what your politics are, I want to hear elected democrats spouting that crap on a daily basis, it will assure their defeat.

BTW, the republicans bled seats because they were big government RINOs, and I think republicans have a good chance to take over the senate and house. Then again, the progressive RINOs are still running the show, so you may be right.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:11 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
My point is that they really didn't have any ideas to contribute. They thought that if they just repeated the same elementary-school phrases over and over again, that it would resonate with the public. Instead, they just looked like fools.
oh come on, you can't be surprised. This from the peanut gallery that said "democrats spell summit, s-e-t-u-p" ...

I betcha Frank Luntz had a big powwow with all kinds of clever little phrases for them to say, they just like the phrases, start over and blank page the best.

What a bunch of clowns.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:12 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,951,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
You can't argue against talking points, while using a talking point.

HA HA!!!! Good point Amaznjohn!

Old 02-26-2010, 05:14 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
My point is that they really didn't have any ideas to contribute. They thought that if they just repeated the same elementary-school phrases over and over again, that it would resonate with the public. Instead, they just looked like fools.
Well as a liberal with little tolerance for Republicans, I can't, I repeat can't agree with you. I thought, for a change, the Republicans, John McCain notwithstanding, presented themselves in a very upright and principled (well maybe that's going to far) manner. Not my principles, but principled nonetheless. Frankly, if the Repugs and their fellow travelers would engage in such debates outside of the presence of the President, I would think that the country was returning to some degree of sanity.

(maybe it is because the discussion as been in the gutter so long, this discussion looked up)

Old 02-26-2010, 05:14 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The fact that he talked for 119 minutes and all the Republicans totalled 110 minutes wouldn't have anything to do with that spanking, would it?

According to Cantor on Fox yesterday (yes I turned to fox to listen to the spin) He felt that they had enough time to get through their points. Cantor felt the time allocated was fair. Now his take may have changed once he had time to sync up with his fellow Republicans to get back in the juvenile mode.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:15 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
But if you can afford it, wouldn't you agree that those types of HSA plans take a real load off of the medical care system. If i have it correct, HSA plans will be a thing of the past if 0bama's plan, or any of the democrat plans were to go into effect, because they regulate what types of health care plans are allowed, and all of them will deny people from getting those plans.
I have not heard that HSAs will be eliminated. I would be surprised if that happened.

Again, Health Savings Accounts are great for those who are healthy and have a few thousand dollars to spare for health care. Most Americans don't.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:17 PM

8,631 posts, read 9,139,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Did 0bama sign any into law? no, because he could not get all the democrats to agree.

They need to ignore health care reform that involves mandates on employers and new taxes to support health care, until the economy turns around. If they make health care their focus, and ignore the economy, they will lose badly in 2010. There is no health care crisis, there is an economic crisis, an unemployment crisis and we are fighting a war, health care takes a back seat.
And what part of ignoring 2.5 trillion dollars extracted from business and Americans per year because of our healthcare delivery system is beneficial to the economy? The healthcare issue is one of the main reasons we as Americans are going down the tubes rapidly.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:17 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,951,676 times
Quote:
That was John Barrasso of Wyoming. I understand the point he was trying to make - I, myself, have a high-deductible insurance plan plus a Health Savings Account - but as Obama (and you) pointed out, catastrophic plans only work if you've got an extra few thousand dollars sitting around for health care expenses. Most Americans don't have that.

It appears you're getting it handed to you in this thread and all you can do is respond to your liberal friends...

Freaking awesome. NOT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies