Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 06:53 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,971,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
How'd you feel about the Bush administration listening to your phone calls?? You didn't care then...why would you care now??? Our personal rights to privacy were ended with the BUSH administration...and you can TRY to overlook or ignore that but people with BRAINS know better.
Obama is going far beyond anything that Bush did, with this program and with others.

You were outraged then, why not now when obama is expanding the program to be even more intrusive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 06:59 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,162,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Obama is going far beyond anything that Bush did, with this program and with others.

You were outraged then, why not now when obama is expanding the program to be even more intrusive?
How do you know I'm not outraged...I am. I was ALSO outraged with Bush and his destruction of personal rights.... But YOU didn't care then, YOU were NOT outraged at any thing Bush did , YOU supported it and NOW when it's just does more of the same YOU are NOW outraged? You supported it then and you have to support it now.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:06 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,094,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
How'd you feel about the Bush administration listening to your phone calls?? You didn't care then...why would you care now??? Our personal rights to privacy were ended with the BUSH administration...and you can TRY to overlook or ignore that but people with BRAINS know better.

Now I would think people with BRAINS would realize that is why the Republicans lost the last elections. It's because of Bush's actions that people fell away from the Republicans.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:50 AM

1,476 posts, read 1,777,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Well, there you have it. More blame Bush first derangement syndrome. The OP is a discussion of GOVERNMENT EXPANSION of spying on citizens. Regardless of who, what president or congress first allowed or started any kind of surveillance,
IT IS THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION THAT WANTS TO EXPAND IT ! ! !

GOT IT ! ! ! ! It doesn't matter where it started what matters is...
WHO'S GONNA STOP IT ! ! ! !

You want disgusting??? Just wait til one of you kids or grandkids gets busted for saying something racist, or worse... non progressive.
You can thank Bush for giving government that kind of power.

I am not happy with Obama for expanding Bush's traitor act.

I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of you Rush dittoheads.

Im sure government spying won't bother people like you and Sanrene when a republican is back in office.

Also people ask where all the outrage?

Its still there, but the biggest part was used up trying to fight the bill from being created. Thanks to sheep like Sanrene we weren't able to prevent it. Now its probably too late to get rid of it. Were still pissed but we realize we trapped in a hell of YOUR making and have accepted that. Doesn't mean we are happy about it.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:51 AM

938 posts, read 1,231,181 times
Obama is in full support of Patriot Acts I & II. who doesn't understand that?

Old 03-05-2010, 08:18 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,541,572 times
I wonder if we can ask the government to add a filter to their email spy program to not deliver the "junk" mail to our inboxes ?

See..Dems are just as bad as Repubs. They are one in the same government run by the same corporate interests. They do not trust us and are in fear of losing their power so they have to keep tabs on the little people lest they fear we rise up.

Oh wait..it's all for the War on Terror and it's all to protect us and for our own good.
Sorry..I forgot to drink my daily dose of government issued, FDA approved, Monsanto enhanced glass of KOOLAID

Old 03-05-2010, 08:24 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,194,737 times
Spying on citizens is totalitarian.
Those who criticize this now have been sleeping from 2000 to 2008.
AT&T complied with government requests.
In order to avoid lawsuits the Bush administration refused to reveal the names of people that were spied upon. Therefore, no case.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:25 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,951,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
Obama is in full support of Patriot Acts I & II. who doesn't understand that?

It's not a matter of understanding it. It is just extremely hypocritical to get upset all of a sudden when those of us who disagreed with it were upset about it from the begining and disappointed when it was extended. Then just to add to the hypocrisy, when Bush was in office, it was congress who did this and now that Obama's in office, it's all Obama's fault.

Intstead of making the title of the thread about Obama, how about talking about the policy and why you're against it? The partisanism is rampant and it is clear that this was not about the policy but about attacking Obama. This is nothing new. The same people who post threads like this are the ones that post threads about Obama putting his feet on the desk in the oval office and calling him arrogant but when Bush did it, he was simply relaxing and putting his feet on "his" desk. It is the same "how dare this boy try to act like he's the president" mentality. Get over it, he is the president and he has the same rights and privileges as every president before him.

If he is part of some conspiracy, the conspiracy didn't start with him but all of a sudden the people who were oblivious and trusting during the Bush administration are shocked and alarmed everytime any change is made under this administration. Whenever Obama does it, it is worse, it is more intrusive and evil. When Bush did it, he was just being president. I am disgusted and do not trust nor listen to people who are this biased, site uncredible news sources all the time and whine about a person putting their feet on a desk or bowing. Get a grip on reality.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:31 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,595,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Wasn't there a program like this during the Clinton administration? For some reason I think it was named after a reptile/dinosaur. I'm serious...Gator or something like that. Anyone remember that?

I guess calling anyone in the White House "a big poopyhead" in an e-mail to friends, is out, now.
you may be thinking of carnivore.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:40 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,541,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Spying on citizens is totalitarian.
Those who criticize this now have been sleeping from 2000 to 2008.
AT&T complied with government requests.
In order to avoid lawsuits the Bush administration refused to reveal the names of people that were spied upon. Therefore, no case.
The Patriot Act was one of the most intrusive steps on American liberties.
Fear from 9-11 made people complacent and accepting.

I let my elected officials know that I thought it was bad for America.

They already had means to get what they wanted BEFORE 911 and the Patriot Act. They just sat on it and did nothing. The Patriot Act is a blight on the rest of Americans. It was Big Brother come true.

So now we live with it. And the next administration just takes it one step further instead of repealing it. And people claim the Repubs are all bad ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies