Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 12:31 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,946,937 times

Advertisements

I voted for Prop 8** but I do not hate gays. I don’t hate my siblings either, despite my vehement objections to sibling marriage.

**The redefining of marriage to include same-sex couples is a foreign concept in the cumulative of human history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 12:33 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Just wait, they will get to that one too some day. They are working on anything goes. Perfect analogy for their rediculas gay marriage arguments.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:38 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
I think "marriage" is a RELIGIOUS ceremony and they should have a say whether it should be allowed to have homosexuals or not... I think "civil unions" is a Government recognition of a union of two people and SHOULD allow homosexual to in essence to "marry" each other... I think we should just legalize civil unions because it is NONE OF OUR BUSINESS that two people wants to be a legal couple... with that said, the church has a right to reject marriage ceremonies with gay couples because it is THEIR rights... you can get married with a justice of the peace, but I figure people want to argue with each other about other people's lives even if it has nothing to do with their own lives... both have their own agendas and neither of them are in the "right"... besides that.. if a brother/sister wanted to get married, what is it of anyone's business but their own... people should stop dictating how other people live...

Old 12-03-2009, 12:39 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
What a weak analogy.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:39 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,265,502 times
It's beyond creepy how opponents of gays or gay marriage consistently fall back on pedophilia, having sex/getting married to inanimate objects or animals & marrying your child or sibling when referring to gay marriage. Says alot about those people, doesn't it?

If siblings want to get married, go right ahead. Doesn't affect me. They might not want to breed of course if it's true that the children would turn out defective, but other than that why should I care? Sure it's weird, really weird but whatever.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:43 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,213,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Just wait, they will get to that one too some day. They are working on anything goes. Perfect analogy for their rediculas gay marriage arguments.
Based on reading your perceptions in your posts, I'd have to say you must be living under a rock somewhere.

Ever heard of genes? Also, have you ever even tried consulting dictionary.com for correct spellings?

Old 12-03-2009, 12:45 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Ahh the right shows once again they have no interest or simply aren't even remotely able to have a serious discussion on this issue....

Old 12-03-2009, 12:47 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I think "marriage" is a RELIGIOUS ceremony and they should have a say whether it should be allowed to have homosexuals or not... I think "civil unions" is a Government recognition of a union of two people and SHOULD allow homosexual to in essence to "marry" each other... I think we should just legalize civil unions because it is NONE OF OUR BUSINESS that two people wants to be a legal couple... with that said, the church has a right to reject marriage ceremonies with gay couples because it is THEIR rights... you can get married with a justice of the peace, but I figure people want to argue with each other about other people's lives even if it has nothing to do with their own lives... both have their own agendas and neither of them are in the "right"... besides that.. if a brother/sister wanted to get married, what is it of anyone's business but their own... people should stop dictating how other people live...
To the contrary, "Marriage" can also be merely a civil ceremony. There are millions of couples who got married and never stepped before a minister or into a church.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:48 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Ugh the reason that siblings can not marry is more because if they have children it can cause serious health issues for the kids.

Marriage is NOT a religious ceremony, it is a contact that two people agree to enter into. It has ZERO to do with religion unless you CHOSE to make it about that. Proof that it is not a religious ceremony is the fact that people OTHER then religious clergy can marry people (judges, ships captions, etc).

Old 12-03-2009, 12:49 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
How about a father and daughter marrying?

(I have previously related a situation that I know of where this occured)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies