Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 11:17 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I can't think of a time when the House of Representative ever attempted to pass a bill without actually voting on it. It will be interesting to see if they actually go through with trying to use the "Slaughter Rule."
That doesn't suprise me that you "can't think of a time".....LOL

Because the other times involved the GOP doing the same damn thing when they were in control.

Re: Bending the Rules - Swampland - TIME.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 11:25 PM

6,810 posts, read 9,357,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
That doesn't suprise me that you "can't think of a time".....LOL

Because the other times involved the GOP doing the same damn thing when they were in control.

Re: Bending the Rules - Swampland - TIME.com
I honestly wasn't aware of something like this happening in the past. Thanks for the link. Either way, two wrongs don't make a right, and if this bill/entire plan was actually decent, they wouldn't have problems finding enough votes for it.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:33 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
I honestly wasn't aware of something like this happening in the past. Thanks for the link. Either way, two wrongs don't make a right, and if this bill/entire plan was actually decent, they wouldn't have problems finding enough votes for it.
They are not wrongs.

It's the majority applying rules available to them.

You don't like the majority (Dems) telling the minority (GOP) what to do.

The majority in the Senate makes the rules.

The majority in the Senate can change the rules.

If the GOP wants to abuse the filibuster rule, the Dems can abuse the reconciliation rule. Nothing illegal about it.

That's politics. Go win an election if you don't like it.

If you disagree have the GOP go get a good lawyer and tell it to the Judge.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:39 PM

6,810 posts, read 9,357,536 times
Quote:
They are not wrongs.

If the GOP wants to abuse the filibuster rule, the Dems can abuse the reconciliation rule. Nothing illegal about it.

LOL. no need to be so nasty.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:59 AM

124 posts, read 369,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Astounded at the Obama/Emanuel thug machine, no. Astounded that their seems to be a significant percentage of posters on CD find this wholly acceptable, yes. I fear for my country and its future. The future generations appear to be ready to extinguish the flame of liberty post haste.
Nope, not this member of the Millenials. I am not proud in the least of the direction in which our country is going, and I have taken plenty of time to educate myself on the issues. Several of my friends are also in tune with what is going on, and they are dumbfounded at the rampant corruption and power grabs occurring in our political system.

It may take a few more years, but I think we are getting close to a tipping point at which Americans will demand true reform and change for our system, and I am hopeful we can make it happen. There's a lot of dissatisfaction bubbling up in the heartland. I care too much about this country to see our freedoms compromised and our republic taken away, and I'm sure there are a lot of folks who agree with me.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:08 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,526,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
No apologies, no respect for the will of the people, no shame about making back door deals to bribe a vote. This is change I can't believe in.
HAHA! Sure, I would be astounded, too, had I just bought a newpaper or TV. These tactics have been in play since the beginning of politics, red or blue.

Granted, Captain Obama did roll onto the White House lawn in his low-ridin' Caddy on 20's preaching peace and bi-partisianship, but we all know the drill. Politics are dirty, and you gotta be one nasty, tainted mother f'er to play.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:15 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiery23 View Post
Nope, not this member of the Millenials. I am not proud in the least of the direction in which our country is going, and I have taken plenty of time to educate myself on the issues. Several of my friends are also in tune with what is going on, and they are dumbfounded at the rampant corruption and power grabs occurring in our political system.
That's great to hear. You are NOT alone...

Two-thirds of Americans are "dissatisfied" or downright "angry" about the way the federal government is working, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll. On average, the public estimates that 53 cents of every tax dollar they send to Washington is "wasted."
Poll finds most Americans are unhappy with government - washingtonpost.com

"86 percent of Americans say U.S. government is broken"
Survey: Most Americans believe government broken - CNN.com

Quote:
It may take a few more years, but I think we are getting close to a tipping point at which Americans will demand true reform and change for our system, and I am hopeful we can make it happen. There's a lot of dissatisfaction bubbling up in the heartland. I care too much about this country to see our freedoms compromised and our republic taken away, and I'm sure there are a lot of folks who agree with me.
Absolutely! Look at the poll and survey I posted above. We are at the tipping point now. We'll start clearing out the corruption in November. Count on it!

Old 03-15-2010, 01:28 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Biden and Hillary along with several democrats actually voted to invade another country?
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Based on what other than cherry-picked selective use of available intelligence?
Biden was touted as qualified to be VP because of his intense knowledge on international affairs. You Democrats held him up as the all knowing white knite in order to offset Obamas lack of knowledge in this regard.

Hillary, also was touted as not only qualified to be president, but now Secretary of State because of her also vast experience as being the wife of the previous President and her hands on experience in the area..

Do you have some other intel that validates your response that this information was "cherry picked" and by who, when because you arent getting away with that lie. At least not in regards to Biden and Hillary.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:30 AM

Quote:
They are not wrongs.

Another uneducated posting from someone who cant stop whining about the minority.

The SUPER MAJORITY make the rules and change the rules.. Not the Majority. And no filibuster rules are being abused.. Unless you care to list them..

Old 03-15-2010, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Padcrasher is ignoring the important differences between then and now.

When its happened in the past, they was in regards to budget issues, which the healthcare bill is not. Comparing then to now, and then claiming they are the same is either nieve, or just an outright lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies