Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 11:55 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,547,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
you mean like Crips or bloods?

NO,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 11:57 AM

1,391 posts, read 2,649,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Oakland View Post
You left off WHITE POWER at the end of your statement.
Oh, sorry.

NIGHT SHOWER! NIGHT SHOWER!! NIGHT SHOWER!!!

5,165 posts, read 6,060,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
NO,
I did not mean that in a bad way. I just did not get who you were talking about.

What do you think could have been the worst case scenerio?

7,639 posts, read 18,146,567 times
Quote:
PA prank at Washington Township Walmart has customers riled - NJ.com

Do you believe this should be a prank punished as a bias hate crime?

I think whoever did it should obviously be fired but prosecuted I am not sure about.
No, I'd probably laugh at that if I was in a Wal-Mart. As well as at "all white people must leave the store now". (I'm white) People have to be less uptight about issues of race.

Now if it was a business I'd never heard of and they did that over the loudspeaker, I'd be worried, certainly.

13,666 posts, read 20,807,345 times
Here we go. The latest Selma Part MCMLVII.

Obnoxious- yes. Fireable offense- certainly. Crime- don't see any. Unless Eric Holder would like my high school yearbook so he can retroactively prosecute all the black people who felt it necessary to make racially insulting remarks to me during my formative years. Then again, I got over it pretty quickly. So will the Walmart 12.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:00 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,547,236 times
Quote:
I did not mean that in a bad way. I just did not get who you were talking about.

What do you think could have been the worst case scenerio?

The worst case scenerio is there could have been some in there (not gang related) who would have shown their offense in a none peaceful way. I'm glad it didn't go down like that. But had that occured at the Walmart in Elizabeth NJ that couldn't have possibly gone a different way.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:04 PM

54 posts, read 46,986 times
There weren't just two black ladies, there were "More than a dozen black people were in the store at the time." It also says bias crim, not bias hate crime.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:04 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,060,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
The worst case scenerio is there could have been some in there (not gang related) who would have shown their offense in a none peaceful way. I'm glad it didn't go down like that. But had that occured at the Walmart in Elizabeth NJ that couldn't have possibly gone a different way.
Agreed.
Washington Twp NJ and Elizabeth NJ have slightly different populations as far as ethnicity goes and Im sure the response would have been different in Elizabeth.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:09 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,207,383 times
I actually laughed at this, most people I know (including my black friends) would laugh at it and know it was a joke right off the bat..
It's definitely a fire-able offense, but I really think that trying to prosecute it is pushing it a little too far.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:11 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,100,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
The article never said "hate crime" they used the word bias which alludes to but is not the same as 'hate' legally.

"Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office Spokesman Bernie Weisenfeld said an active, ongoing investigation is currently underway.

"It's being treated as a suspected bias crime in which the Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office is assisting Washington Township," Weisenfeld said"

Quit getting your knickers in a twist, dcsldcd! Sheesh! Read it again.

Reading comprehension, people! C'mon now.

You may want to use some of that comprehension yourself. I was responding to the OP who asked {quote} "Do you believe this should be a prank punished as a bias hate crime?"

Sheesh! It should be responded to with termination if it was an employee and if not? That would be up to the police. Stupidity should not be a crime even though it was very stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies