Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 10:26 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Really wanna go there?

Rev. Jeremiah Wright discusses President Obama and Jews - dailypress.com

YouTube - Christians Assaulted in San Francisco

In the next days and weeks you'll see conservatives in the Tea Party movement do what liberals never do. We will condemn this behavior and do everything legally possible to exclude those who engage in this sort of behavior from future Tea Party events, and we certainly won't make excuses for intolerant bigots the way the left does.
Glad you will condemn bad behavior - unfortunately I don't think you can compare the situation in SF with that on Capital Hill. Everyone knows how evangelical Christians feel about gays - they think they will go to hell.
That belief itself, is inflammatory. Gays have been the victims of many violent hate crimes, in the name of Christian beliefs. Your going to get a hostile reaction. I'm actually surprised by the gays civility, considering.

Kinda like the KKK walking through Skokie, Illinois
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 10:26 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
The tea people are just awful people. I hope many get locked up for assaulting people.

Does anyone care how we are seen globally? Mad Americans

How funny! The tea protests have been 99% peaceful as opposed to any left winger protest that are always filled with violence, tear gas, property damage and trash.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Glad you will condemn bad behavior - unfortunately I don't think you can compare the situation in SF with that on Capital Hill. Everyone knows how evangelical Christians feel about gays - they think they will go to hell.
That belief itself, is inflammatory. Gays have been the victims of many violent hate crimes, in the name of Christian beliefs. Your going to get a hostile reaction. I'm actually surprised by the gays civility, considering.

Kinda like the KKK walking through Skokie, Illinois

It was the gays that were like the KKK! They HATE free speech!

Old 03-21-2010, 10:33 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
they absolutely do. Shouting down anyone not in agreement with them and it's their agenda or nothing. Open minded my ass!

Old 03-21-2010, 10:36 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
As the racial slurs were heard, how did the other tea-party members in the gathering react? Or did they just cheer, say 'amen', snicker and let it go?

Old 03-21-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
As the racial slurs were heard, how did the other tea-party members in the gathering react? Or did they just cheer, say 'amen', snicker and let it go?

I imagine all the liberal plants did exactly that.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:50 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Nobody yelled kill him. I have watched that video a dozen times. The shout is not clear, and because some liberal idiot decided it said kill him, they forwarded that lie and it spread like wildfire through the liberal media, the same rate most lies spread with liberals.

How many people called Bush a terrorist? He was called a terrorist on this board dozens upon dozens of times by rabid liberals. But I'm sure somehow its "different".
In fact, the SS said no such remark was made. More lies and smears from the Left.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Fox News reported it happened, Republican National Chairman Michael Steele said it happened, Amy Kremer, the grassroots coordinator of the Tea Party Express said it happened. I guess they are all lying, and only the posters here on CD know the truth.

FOXNews.com - Tea Party Leader, GOP Condemn Racial Slurs Hurled at Black Lawmakers
They are just reporting what the congressman said, they are not corroborating his story, they are not saying they heard these comments, they have no video or audio - just reporting the phony story.

The video evidence is clear - no one was shouting racial slurs at these people.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Why would a bunch of bigoted tea baggers record their own despicable acts
and post it on the internet?
One of the videos was from Stink Progress, a lefty site, which posted the video to show......something. All it shows is people peacefully protesting.

Quote:
Pretty clear there were no racial slurs on the video.

I thought you lefties always demand proof before making such judgments?

Old 03-21-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
They are just reporting what the congressman said, they are not corroborating his story, they are not saying they heard these comments, they have no video or audio - just reporting the phony story.

The video evidence is clear - no one was shouting racial slurs at these people.

The congressman that was supposedly spit on refused to press charges (if it even happened at all). HA! You know it one hussein obama's plants if he wanted to let that one slide. Anyone spit on me there would be hell to pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies