Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 09:30 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,966,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
I will look forward to seeing that happen. Please keep us posted.
Don't hold your breath!!

These people were present from the start and the Tea Partiers had no qualms about their behavior, they used excuse after excuse and lie after lie about how "those People" were not representative of their ideas.

At the same time shouting, "Muslim","Kenyan", and showing the President as an African witch doctor with a bone trough the nose sitting in the dirt!!

There was always room to instill doubt as to whether these signs were passively racial or signs used to compare his position on political issues, no one ever took the responsibility to say maybe we should be a little more mindful of the clearly racist connotations many of us present that seem not to be about the issues.

You have people on this board defending the use of these epithats because of the "raping" of the country, how simply transparent is that, as an excuse to spit on people and call them ni@@ers and fa@@ots!!

Now that health care is down to the wire these people are just letting it all hang out!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 09:45 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,578,706 times
Personally, I hope that these Tea Party clowns keep talking so they can expose themselves for what they really stand for.

The racial slurs and anti-gay epithets are only the tip of the iceberg with these folks and I am quite certain that if the Tea Party members names were cross-referenced with White Supremacist organizations, Off-the-Grid Survivalists, Oath Keepers, militia groups and the like - many names would pop out with associations with these groups.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:46 AM

90,296 posts, read 121,020,755 times
I appreciate momonkey trying to weed these people out. However, I do not believe that "plants" are a huge problem. I think the vast majority of misbehavers at this rally are "Republicans behaving badly".

Old 03-21-2010, 10:00 AM

14,490 posts, read 11,319,915 times
First of all, racial slurs or anti-gay bigotry has no place in the discourse and should be condemned by everyone.
That being said, Congressman John Lewis is a destructive race baiter who would see racism on the surface of the moon. He attacked the entire McCain/Palin campaign for racism back in October of 2008, comparing McCain to George Wallace saying:

"Wallace never threw a bomb. He never fired a gun, but he created the climate and the conditions that encouraged vicious attacks against innocent Americans who were simply trying to exercise their constitutional rights. Because of this atmosphere of hate, four little girls were killed on a Sunday morning when a church was bombed in Birmingham, Alabama."

Why would John Lewis stop this type of shameless finger pointing now?

Old 03-21-2010, 10:08 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,106,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Funny, all the video evidence says nothing of the kind happened.

YouTube - Congressional Black Caucus 3 20 2010

One thing for sure liberals and democrats have been caught in one lie after the other in start trouble. I but these claims are total lies. We have seen and heard much worse from the left and gays in their protest.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:10 AM

38,650 posts, read 26,451,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I appreciate momonkey trying to weed these people out. However, I do not believe that "plants" are a huge problem. I think the vast majority of misbehavers at this rally are "Republicans behaving badly".

Well, we really don't know do we?

As we saw this summer at the townhall meetings, Democrats have no issues with using fake doctors and fake kids, so why not fake Tea Party protesters? We have no way of screening people and have no idea who they really are.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:10 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,648,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's the same types who attended McCain/Palin rallies and yelled "Terrorist!" and "Kill him!" when Obama's name was mentioned. And now, just like then, the Republican Party does little or nothing to distance themselves from those lunatics.
Nobody yelled kill him. I have watched that video a dozen times. The shout is not clear, and because some liberal idiot decided it said kill him, they forwarded that lie and it spread like wildfire through the liberal media, the same rate most lies spread with liberals.

How many people called Bush a terrorist? He was called a terrorist on this board dozens upon dozens of times by rabid liberals. But I'm sure somehow its "different".

Old 03-21-2010, 10:12 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,596,230 times
Fox News reported it happened, Republican National Chairman Michael Steele said it happened, Amy Kremer, the grassroots coordinator of the Tea Party Express said it happened. I guess they are all lying, and only the posters here on CD know the truth.

FOXNews.com - Tea Party Leader, GOP Condemn Racial Slurs Hurled at Black Lawmakers

Old 03-21-2010, 10:20 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,106,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Fox News reported it happened, Republican National Chairman Michael Steele said it happened, Amy Kremer, the grassroots coordinator of the Tea Party Express said it happened. I guess they are all lying, and only the posters here on CD know the truth.

FOXNews.com - Tea Party Leader, GOP Condemn Racial Slurs Hurled at Black Lawmakers

They were all just taking the word of those guys. No one has provided proof it happend and no one has provided proof if someone did do it, that they were tea protesters or liberal plants.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:22 AM

1,936 posts, read 1,829,599 times
The tea people are just awful people. I hope many get locked up for assaulting people.

Does anyone care how we are seen globally? Mad Americans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies