Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 06:11 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,497,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
This is taking me back to the 60's and 70's with all the violence and we all know how well that went.

The true feelings of the people are being overshawdowed by the threats and talk of armed rebellion. Now no one will listen.

I thought we were suppose to learn from our mistakes.

Guess not.
Indeed, and we all know who was responsible for that violence in the 60s and 70s as well: DEMOCRATS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 06:12 PM

10,837 posts, read 14,964,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
Even though I do not like Obamacare and felt like the Constitution was trampled on by our leaders, I was disturbed by the news of death threats on Democratic representatives. Honestly, do you really think people are going to listen if we threaten the lives of human beings? Probably not. Do you really think anyone is going to listen if we spit on our leaders or call them names? No. Do you thionk anyone is going to listen if throw bricks or shoot pellot guns at the offices of our leaders? No. All of these acts are going to make conservatives look like a bunch of crazy people when that is not the case at all.

If we want to make a difference in this country and get people to listen to us, we need to follow the example of Martin Luther King Jr. Martin Luther King believed that he could make a difference through PEACEFUL protests and he made a difference.
Couldn't agree more.

What is most disgusting is the right wing repukikan nazi party members that make threats against the President of the United States which is an absolute outrage!

It is so easy being a liberal. Feigned outrage works every time it's tried.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:17 PM

422 posts, read 758,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socstudent View Post
I agree, violence is not the answer... moving is. If I could I would do anything to move to another country, almost any other industrialized nation would be better. Unfortunately they have learned from our mistake of letting anyone and everyone in and they have much stricter rules about who gets citizenship.

Hey no one's stopping you from leaving btw most developed countries like the US already have a nationalized Health Plan and guess what...those countries have a better "everything" than we do...better school systems, people live longer, and children do much better in school. Last time I checked countries like Sweden and Canada which have Universal health Care are way ahead in education. Last time I checked the USA is behind around 20 nations when it comes to Health Care and it is declining and it is 27TH in the WORLD in Mathematics and SCience...that is depressing.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:18 PM

948 posts, read 896,052 times
One of the Congressman said something to the effect of we fight at the ballot box. Maybe it was John Boehner. But don't you think it might be a little late for that? I mean seriously, it's been going back and forth for 40 years and it's all led to this point.

I'm amazed violence hasn't been committed before now. You keep pushing and pushing people will finally get enough and snap. Sure, it really won't solve anything. But it might cause a few to rethink their decisions. If the politicians have to look over their shoulders maybe they'll start doing the right thing. Instead of Big Brother watching us maybe little brother, his uncle and second cousin will be watching THEM!

Old 03-24-2010, 06:21 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,809,744 times
Bleh. Who cares if a bunch of Republicans go to jail or prison?

Let them be violent....there will be less of them to come in contact with.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:22 PM

948 posts, read 896,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
You're comparing all Democrats to the Nazi's? Good Lord, man. Did you not see ANYTHING over the previous 30 years? Do you know NOTHING of Fascism or how it came to be?

There's somebody out there who are as Fascist as they come, but it's not the Obama wing of the Democratic party. There are Democrats involved in it, alright, but not that wing.

Yeah all Democrats are peace loving, Air Supply loving, light and airy types that have never done any wrong. They only want to change the world. By whatever means necessary. Regardless what everyone else wants.

Sorry pal, a few of us disagree.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:45 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,372,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socstudent View Post
I agree, violence is not the answer... moving is. If I could I would do anything to move to another country, almost any other industrialized nation would be better. Unfortunately they have learned from our mistake of letting anyone and everyone in and they have much stricter rules about who gets citizenship.
As long as you can prove you'll have income there (aka. have a job on hand) you'll be allowed into Norway, if you think America is going the wrong way, I doubt you'll like it there though.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:49 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,235,211 times
Republicans are evil. Period.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:51 PM

12 posts, read 19,924 times
The Bible says you have to first bind the strong man before you can steal his goods. It is obvious we have been getting more and more restrictions placed on us, lawful citizens, in order to bind us up so our freedoms can be taken - human predators are free to roam through our society and if they get caught having raped and killed, they can get off on a technicality or paroled after a fraction of the time they were sentenced to - and get a free college education to boot - all while we law-abiding citizens struggle to keep our heads above water working, caring for our children and homes, trying to figure out the tax code to get our money back from the government and doing our best to stay current with all the rapid changes in our societies laws and otherwise. America is the last beacon of hope for this world - and it is very quickly being distinguished by those who hate God and what He stands for: truth, integrity, honor, respect, common sense, moral values, decency, family, faith... all these are despised by the progressives, which I have learned about from Glenn Beck on FOXNews. The Progressives have high-jacked both parties - that's why we're all confused about what is going on in both parties - (Yes, the Dems definitely harbor the more blatantly, in your face group of Progessives, but the Rep have them too). These Progressives are literally shoving the American people down a path we don't want to go and that our Founding Fathers warned against (the Illuminati were around back in the 1700s), so Wake up! Vote! Contact your representatives and let them know you will vote against the politicians who are not representing the American people. Now is NOT the time to give up - make them lie, cheat and steal every single freedom they take from you - and PRAY like never before. Maybe, just maybe, God will intervene on our behalf! When God arises... the enemy is scattered!

Old 03-24-2010, 06:53 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,741,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWayOnlyJesus View Post
The Bible says you have to first bind the strong man before you can steal his goods. It is obvious we have been getting more and more restrictions placed on us, lawful citizens, in order to bind us up so our freedoms can be taken - human predators are free to roam through our society and if they get caught having raped and killed, they can get off on a technicality or paroled after a fraction of the time they were sentenced to - and get a free college education to boot - all while we law-abiding citizens struggle to keep our heads above water working, caring for our children and homes, trying to figure out the tax code to get our money back from the government and doing our best to stay current with all the rapid changes in our societies laws and otherwise. America is the last beacon of hope for this world - and it is very quickly being distinguished by those who hate God and what He stands for: truth, integrity, honor, respect, common sense, moral values, decency, family, faith... all these are despised by the progressives, which I have learned about from Glenn Beck on FOXNews. The Progressives have high-jacked both parties - that's why we're all confused about what is going on in both parties - (Yes, the Dems definitely harbor the more blatantly, in your face group of Progessives, but the Rep have them too). These Progressives are literally shoving the American people down a path we don't want to go and that our Founding Fathers warned against (the Illuminati were around back in the 1700s), so Wake up! Vote! Contact your representatives and let them know you will vote against the politicians who are not representing the American people. Now is NOT the time to give up - make them lie, cheat and steal every single freedom they take from you - and PRAY like never before. Maybe, just maybe, God will intervene on our behalf! When God arises... the enemy is scattered!
You learned from Glen Beck?

Wow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies