Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is this the most corrupt administration ever?
Yes 33 43.42%
No 39 51.32%
Maybe 4 5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 01:38 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,033,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
With Grant, Harding, and Nixon as predecessors this administration is absolutely angelic in comparison.
Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 01:39 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Is the current administration the most corrupt ever?
I would say FDR was more so, but i was not alive when he was president.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:55 PM

457 posts, read 757,009 times
Hum, lets see, this administration has denied the rep party participation in the healthcare bill, locked them out of debates (while having them locked out, voted new laws), denied to hear any of the rep party's bills (the last two week), paid off blue dog dems, are now using reconciliation on all new democrat legislation, spending our money hand over fist, about to loose 100,000+ aviation jobs, grow the IRS, tax white people more (tanning salons 10% tax), cut Medicare, exempt themselves from a law that will land you or me in jail for non compliance, use Air Force-1 as a private limo, sign off a 2400 page bill, now law, that none of them have completely read, hand picked their "Town Hall" attendants, what else? Did I say raise MORE taxes?
Um???? Y E S !

Old 03-25-2010, 02:14 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,653,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikeman View Post
Hum, lets see, this administration has denied the rep party participation in the healthcare bill, locked them out of debates (while having them locked out, voted new laws), denied to hear any of the rep party's bills (the last two week), paid off blue dog dems, are now using reconciliation on all new democrat legislation, spending our money hand over fist, about to loose 100,000+ aviation jobs, grow the IRS, tax white people more (tanning salons 10% tax), cut Medicare, exempt themselves from a law that will land you or me in jail for non compliance, use Air Force-1 as a private limo, sign off a 2400 page bill, now law, that none of them have completely read, hand picked their "Town Hall" attendants, what else? Did I say raise MORE taxes?
Um???? Y E S !
The defense rests. By far the most corrupt administration EVER.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:20 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Most corrupt? Not by a longshot. In my lifetime, the Bush and Nixon administrations were much, much more corrupt.

Every administration is going to have some level of corruption, because no president can control everyone beneath him (or her). But I don't see President Obama embracing corruption like Bush did. Or maybe Bush was really as dumb as he appeared and didn't realize the corruption.

I think many Republicans believe President Obama is extremely corrupt because they get their news from right wingnuts who lie, twist, and spin in support of the Republican Party. If you believe Limbaugh, Beck, O'Reilly, etc., then you probably do think Obama's coming to take your children and put you in a gas chamber.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:21 PM

412 posts, read 405,020 times
Quote:
Um???? Y E S !
Some of those things (the ones that are actually true and not fabrications or hyperbole) could be viewed as negatives, but they aren't corruption, and a good number weren't done by the administration itself. Seriously, a tanning tax? That's your proof for corruption?

Anyone who thinks this administration is corrupt has no clue what corruption is and uses "corrupt" as a synonym for "doing things I don't like." The Grant, Harding, and Nixon administrations were probably most corrupt, and in fact any administration in the 1800's probably would be considered incredibly corrupt by today's standards.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:23 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonRat View Post
Anyone who thinks this administration is corrupt has no clue what corruption is and uses "corrupt" as a synonym for "doing things I don't like." The Grant, Harding, and Nixon administrations were probably most corrupt, and in fact any administration in the 1800's probably would be considered incredibly corrupt by today's standards.
You may want to acquaint yourself with Chicago political corruption... Obama is its byproduct.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:26 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
The defense rests. By far the most corrupt administration EVER.
As the accuser you would be the prosecution, but regardless of your procedural confusion, the Defense again points to the administrations of Grant, Harding and Nixon. As a result, I suspect that historians will simply dismiss the case due to a total lack of evidence.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:28 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I would say FDR was more so, but i was not alive when he was president.
You know, that one I could probably agree with.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:29 PM

948 posts, read 894,299 times
Oh for the love of Pete, let's put this thread to bed. This admin is as corrupt as the day is long. B.O., Pelosi and Reed took a steamy crap on the Constitution and wiped all our faces with it.

There. I said it so therefore it's obviously true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies