Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 04:49 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,826,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
No where does it say the road rage driver or the police say it was because of the bumper sticker. It's the victim's belief the cause was his bumper sticker. He may have driven in a way that set off the road rager.

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab264/Dragging_Canoe/stickerremover.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 04:51 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
No where does it say the road rage driver or the police say it was because of the bumper sticker. It's the victim's belief the cause was his bumper sticker. He may have driven in a way that set off the road rager.
We will know soon enough and you will be wrong yet again.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:51 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,872 times
Quote:
He pointed at the car, the driver "thinks" he was pointing at his Obama bumper sticker.
So you would rather assume that the guy was just pointing at his car and giving him the finger about some OTHER thing, even though he rammed his car almost directly on the bumper sticker?

I hope you're not really so desperate to defend this guy, who was driving under the influence, because you can't believe that some people are really so fanatical about their hatred of Obama. It's not like people are trying to represent him as the average conservative or something. Some people are just nuts.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:52 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
I never put political bumper stickers, nor any other kind of bumper stickers, on my vehicle. Even if I did put a political election sticker on my car, I'd remove it after the election is over. Heck, I still see stickers for Al Gore and Bush 2000.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
He pointed at the car, the driver "thinks" he was pointing at his Obama bumper sticker.
Yes and when it turns out that was the reason.

You'll be first to tell us don't agree with it, but on the other hand Democrats shouldn't do things to make people mad.

The wife beater rational..

Old 03-26-2010, 04:55 PM

I put a Veterans For Obama sticker on my truck.

Never a problem in my Red State.

That just blows the right wing framing out of the park when they see a veteran with that sticker.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:55 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
So you would rather assume that the guy was just pointing at his car and giving him the finger about some OTHER thing, even though he rammed his car almost directly on the bumper sticker?

I hope you're not really so desperate to defend this guy, who was driving under the influence, because you can't believe that some people are really so fanatical about their hatred of Obama. It's not like people are trying to represent him as the average conservative or something. Some people are just nuts.
He rammed the guy in the rear, the bumper sticker is in the rear, so you assume he was specifically targeting the bumper sticker. I'm not defending the idiot's actions at all. I'm questioning the reason for the road rage because no where in the article does it give any quote from the police or the attacker. The victim driver is assuming the bumper sticker is the reason for the rage. Of course, it couldn't possibly be something he may have done while distrated from having kids in the vehicle. It may well be the Obama sticker but until the article quotes the rager or the police,...I'll hold off on blaming a bumper sticker.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:58 PM

6 posts, read 3,732 times
I have a darwin fish and have gotten the finger, spit on my car [tobacco] and fists shaking. You gota love those christians with all the BS love thy neighbor crap.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:59 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post

Jump to conclusions. Didn't people do that with the 16 year old prankster who did that announcement over the Walmart speaker ?

Jumped to conclusions about racism and terrorists.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:01 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,872 times
Driver says he pointed at the bumper sticker, you claim he pointed at the car. Photos show that the car was rammed specifically on the side where the bumper sticker was, you claim he simply rammed the rear of the car. If the attacker denies it, how can the cops prove it? You refuse to believe the driver, yet the police would do it for you, even though they weren't there?

Guess reasoning is simply out of the window if the evidence points to something you don't want to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies