Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 12:59 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Liberals think like this "I'm not listening LA DE DA I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO WHATEVER I WANT, PREFERABLY AT YOUR EXPENSE"

You cannot reason with people so self absorbed they cannot see why it is wrong to kill their own offspring.
They hide behind the shield that the woman should choose. Its her body. But the baby is not her body . Its OK to kill it because a woman has the right.
Funny thing is Scott Peterson got Convicted for killing his unborn, but had mom killed it it was OK to do so
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 01:01 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,494,481 times
I am old enough (barely) to remember the adult women "talk" about backstreet abortions. I heard about the things a woman could do to end an unwanted pregnancy, coat hangers, drugs. Then the other options were to put your body in the hands of an illegal and often unsanitary abortionist. It was frightening to hear, and even more frightening to think that I as a young woman could ever be in that situation. Fortunately, I never was in that situation. Remember back even in the 1960's, birth control was not nearly available as it is today.

Women have tried to end unwanted pregnancies for centuries. Countless women have died trying to end pregnancies. I'm not going to judge them. No one should. Desperate people will do desperate things. This is where legal and safe abortion procedures do indeed save the lives of the undisputable living, breathing, already born women.

What I do know is that abortion needs to be kept safe and legal for those women who feel they have no other options, or that termination of pregnancy is the best option in their circumstances. Returning to an era where abortion is illegal in all cases is simply an era that I would not want to live in.

Old 04-05-2010, 01:01 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,011,651 times
Quote:
So are you telling me a newborn can feed itself, or a 6 month old?

They are dependent upon the mother. If the child were on a desert island, just it and the mom, and the mom refused to feed it, or died, the child would die UNLESS a she-wolf adopted the child and raised it like it did in the Myth about Romulus and Remus

No I never said that. I said that toddlers are much quicker than you are giving them credit for.

And I asked if you were off your meds., which judging by your ignoring the question would prove me right, possibly.

Unless of course you would like to clarify your prescription issue today?

Bringing up Roman Myths has what do with your OP again? Please clarify.

Old 04-05-2010, 01:03 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easybreezy View Post
I am old enough (barely) to remember the adult women "talk" about backstreet abortions. I heard about the things a woman could do to end an unwanted pregnancy, coat hangers, drugs. Then the other options were to put your body in the hands of an illegal and often unsanitary abortionist. It was frightening to hear, and even more frightening to think that I as a young woman could ever be in that situation. Fortunately, I never was in that situation. Remember back even in the 1960's, birth control was not nearly available as it is today.

Women have tried to end unwanted pregnancies for centuries. Countless women have died trying to end pregnancies. I'm not going to judge them. No one should. Desperate people will do desperate things. This is where legal and safe abortion procedures do indeed save the lives of the undisputable living, breathing, already born women.

What I do know is that abortion needs to be kept safe and legal for those women who feel they have no other options, or that termination of pregnancy is the best option in their circumstances. Returning to an era where abortion is illegal in all cases is simply an era that I would not want to live in.
So people have raped and murdered for even longer, should those be legalized as well? Maybe women should be expected to obey laws, kind of like how men who rape and murder get punished, women should obey laws, and if not, face the punishment for violating laws?

Oh wait, that would mean equal responsibilities, something Lifeboat feminisnts don't like.

Old 04-05-2010, 01:05 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,877 times
Quote:
A toddler is dependent upon the mother. Should they be killed too?
I dunno, depends on how easy it is to send a fetus to social services so they can live a life without abusive parents.

There is no chemical dependence as there is with a fetus and the mother.

As I stated, far more complicated of an issue than you are willing to give it credit for.

Old 04-05-2010, 01:14 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Well, there's a strong possibility that an abortion could save my life. With my disorder, I have to go off my medication if I were to get pregnant. That combined with the extra weight of pregnancy could erode my joints to the point of being in a wheelchair for life. I also have precancerous cells on my cervix and have to get checkups every three months. Without those checkups, there's a possibility of cervical cancer (which, incidentally runs in my family) which could kill me.

So, yeah...for some reason an abortion could save a woman's life.

Old 04-05-2010, 01:15 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Quote:
So people have raped and murdered for even longer, should those be legalized as well? Maybe women should be expected to obey laws, kind of like how men who rape and murder get punished, women should obey laws, and if not, face the punishment for violating laws?

Oh wait, that would mean equal responsibilities, something Lifeboat feminisnts don't like.
??? Abortion is legal! What are you arguing? Do you know what percentage of rapists get tried and punished for their crime? Let me guess, you're a virgin.

H

Old 04-05-2010, 01:22 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,156,579 times
You don't like pro-choice it's kind of tough chit. It isn't going to change.

Old 04-05-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
They hide behind the shield that the woman should choose. Its her body. But the baby is not her body . Its OK to kill it because a woman has the right.
Funny thing is Scott Peterson got Convicted for killing his unborn, but had mom killed it it was OK to do so
Scott Peterson got in trouble for killing the mother! Had he somehow only killed the child, yes he would still be in hot water but not as much. And, had he not killed her, or the child, he would then be entitled to pay her 17% of his gross income for the next 18 to 21 years. The law is like that. On balance, however, giving women a choice is better than not giving them a choice. It really is that simple.

H

Old 04-05-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
You don't like pro-choice it's kind of tough chit. It isn't going to change.
Hopefully, but we cannot become smug or complacent. Things can change. I lived in NYC all my life and took Roe v Wade for granted. I didn't sojourn in my college days, I did it in my 40's. I was very surprised to discover that to this day, women who get pregnant in LOTS of cities in the U.S. have to travel hundreds of miles to NYC to get abortions because, although legal in their home cities/states women don't dare get them there out of fear of coercion or reprisal from wacko's and zealots, some of whom are staffers of the abortion clinics.

H
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies