Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 07:05 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
That's not a deadline, with a specific date.
Bush's deadline expired on 1-21-09.

Quote:
I think he made that deadline about the invasion of Iraq.
Doesn't matter what you think. Bush clearly stated Saddam had 48 hours to leave Iraq.

FOXNews.com - Bush to Offer Ultimatum to Saddam in Address to Nation - U.S. & World

Quote:
All leftist hyperbole and all untrue, as usual.
Prove it.

Quote:
Obama has set three deadlines for sanctions on Iran, they have come and gone, which shows weakness to our enemies.

The Associated Press: Iran ridicules Obama's "cowboy" nuclear strategy
How many deadlines did Dubya set for Iran? How many were met? Why your sudden obsession?

You're SO inconsistent.

Iran Defies Deadline On Nuclear Program - washingtonpost.com

Quote:
They are laughing at his neutered response.
Back up your hollow words.

Quote:
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to ascertain a leftist agenda.
And it doesn't take a political analyst to recognize hyperpartisan hackery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 07:07 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Quote:
As usual, no content, no refutation, no disputing of her facts...just basically your opinion, based on nothing but "feeling".

I dispute ALL of her blather, which is devoid of any facts. As are nearly all of your threads. You're just not very good at this.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:08 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
That's not a deadline, with a specific date.

I think he made that deadline about the invasion of Iraq.

All leftist hyperbole and all untrue, as usual.

Obama has set three deadlines for sanctions on Iran, they have come and gone, which shows weakness to our enemies.

The Associated Press: Iran ridicules Obama's "cowboy" nuclear strategy

They are laughing at his neutered response.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to ascertain a leftist agenda.
Lets take a look at the history of Iran sanctions and the Presidents that speared headed them shall we.

A Review Of US Unilateral Sanctions Against Iran

From GWB himeself.

In August 2001, President Bush signed the ILSA Extension Act into law. The final version left open a slim possibility of future change or termination of the legislation upon the recommendation of the President and implementing legislation by the Congress. When signing the bill, President Bush took advantage of this provision by saying: “I think we should review sanctions frequently to assess their effectiveness and continued suitability.” In view of events post September 11 and references to Iran as a member of the “Axis of Evil,” such change is unlikely to come any time soon.

Iran Sanctions Are Meant to Prevent War, Bush Aides Say - washingtonpost.com

Bush, E.U. Threaten New Sanctions Against Iran - washingtonpost.com

I know how you hate historical articles, BUT anyway, what point were you trying to make on the amount of sanctions again?

Old 04-09-2010, 07:19 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Bush's deadline expired on 1-21-09.

Doesn't matter what you think. Bush clearly stated Saddam had 48 hours to leave Iraq.

FOXNews.com - Bush to Offer Ultimatum to Saddam in Address to Nation - U.S. & World

Back up your hollow words.

And it doesn't take a political analyst to recognize hyperpartisan hackery.
That was your deadline - I don't think W ever issued a deadline, otherwise you'd link to it.

So...he gave Saddam 48 hours to leave and then when he didn't leave, Bush attacked his country? Do I have that right? Seems THAT is the way to deal with a deadline - if you don't meet it, there will be consequences.

Unlike the lamb obama, who can't muster the courage/stones to do anything about his missed deadlines. He should really stop making a fool of himself.

I agree with the last.

Quote:
I know how you hate historical articles, BUT anyway, what point were you trying to make on the amount of sanctions again?
Deadlines. She is talking about meaningless deadlines.

Quote:
On Iran, she deemed the president's deadlines "meaningless" and his speeches "pointless." She said that Mr. Obama's response to the protests following that country's election suggested he was "much more concerned about whether the mullahs in Iran would be offended by his actions."
Which they have shown to be, don't you think?

Old 04-09-2010, 07:20 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Where is all the oil? Get a map of all of our recent military bases and the oil will be under them.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
I dispute ALL of her blather, which is devoid of any facts. As are nearly all of your threads. You're just not very good at this.
Point by point or just the usual rote answer?

Quote:
Where is all the oil? Get a map of all of our recent military bases and the oil will be under them.
Uh huh. Didn't we lose out on those Iraqi oil contracts?

Loved this line of hers;

Quote:
She said the administration needed to be reminded that "foreign terrorists do not have Constitutional rights."

Old 04-09-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Point by point or just the usual rote answer?

All of it. It's nothing but her opinion. Backed up by nothing but her opinion. There isn't so much as the mere hint of a fact anywhere in that partisan screed. She's griping in front of a bunch of Obama-haters who probably paid admission to listen to this lightweight. And you think it's something substantive.

Like I said before, you aren't very good at this.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:50 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I guess I didn't notice.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
All of it. It's nothing but her opinion. Backed up by nothing but her opinion. There isn't so much as the mere hint of a fact anywhere in that partisan screed. She's griping in front of a bunch of Obama-haters who probably paid admission to listen to this lightweight. And you think it's something substantive.

Like I said before, you aren't very good at this.
Well, how meaningful is that, just your opinion, without facts to back it up.

Good thing she has a national platform to voice her opinions.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:10 AM

Default Like I said, you're just not very good at this.

Quote:
Well, how meaningful is that, just your opinion, without facts to back it up.

Good thing she has a national platform to voice her opinions.
Facts, you say?

You have quite a library of threads in this forum. All saying the same thing. Offering opinions with no facts, except as scenery.

Her output is similar to yours.

Your threads (and Cheney's screed) are nothing more than standard right wing boiler plate that reduces down to nothing more profound than,

"I think Obama sucks. And if you don't think so too, then you're a terrorist loving leftist sheep who blindly worships that foreign Muslim Obama. And no one can refute what I say. Neener."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies