Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 02:56 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
how can a liar be trustworthy?
I guess they missed the little insider trading thing when he was a part of the BOD of Harken oil, and he dumped his stock a few months before it went bankrupt. Daddy smoothed it out for him.

Or the little Texas Stadium deal that cost the taxpayers a bundle.

Honest and trustworthy?? Oh, puhleez. Most politicians check that at the door before they hit the Washington DC city limits.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:45 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Dude, it is an absolute, undeniable FACT that Obama signed the biggest middle class tax cut in HISTORY.

You cannot dispute that. There is no gray area.
Dude, it is an absolute, undeniable FACT that Obama signed the TWO biggest tax INCREASES in HISTORY.

BTW, those increases disproportionately affected lower income people. "Disproportionately" isn't really strong enough - I would say almost EXCLUSIVELY.

Feel free to keep on cheerleading - but you should demand a raise. A professional cheerleader makes $134k per year - not that measly $400 tax credit you got.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:31 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Yes, it is anti-Obama. I didn''t hear a mumble or peep when the Banks got their trillions.
You must have been death last year to not hear the protests over the bailouts. Hell, it probably cost McCain the election..

Old 04-19-2010, 05:40 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
How do tea baggers plan on paying for the wars and maintaining that huge military industrial complex they're in so love with? They don't like to pay taxes (as long as it says "federal" in front of it). Perhaps they are in love with China and Japan and consider them the saviors. Beggar buggers.

Someone wake up tea baggers in AZ... they ain't getting most of the tax cuts that was promised (but they are surely getting more regressive taxes).

Old 04-19-2010, 05:46 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,317,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Look at this, unions are organizing to let the banksters know that even a Goliath can fall.

Despite the initial angry statements over Wall Street bailouts, so far the party poopers have mainly picked fights with Democrats, a disabled guy that couldn't walk and 120 lb skinny white women and mulattoes.

They're really starting to look like Beckian cult worshippers.
The Tea Party is run by Dick Armey, former Republican majority leader, so they'll never pick a fight with the Republicans because the whole thing is financed and run by Republicans. Essentially, after GWB the Republican brand name was worthless so Armey's big idea was to put a new label on the same old horse dung and pretend it was something new. A few suckers bought it but 82% of Americans saw through the lies.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:48 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,517,225 times
wow talk about conspiracy theories, a whopper

Old 04-19-2010, 05:50 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
The Tea Party is run by Dick Armey, former Republican majority leader, so they'll never pick a fight with the Republicans because the whole thing is financed and run by Republicans. Essentially, after GWB the Republican brand name was worthless so Armey's big idea was to put a new label on the same old horse dung and pretend it was something new. A few suckers bought it but 82% of Americans saw through the lies.
That is total nonsense. The Tea Party started in 2007. Bush was still president.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:51 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
this is nuts! we have liberals on here DEFENDING obama for tax cuts and wars when the problem they had with bush was tax cuts and wars.

neither party can keep spending at the rate they are spending without new taxes, so i can only assume that both parties are delusional in what this is going to do to our country, or that they have a plan in place to do so.

i can only suggest that it is a lot easier to establish a NWO when you have debased your country's currency, as gordon brown has suggested:

YouTube - Gordon Brown New World Order Speech
Lets see, could this possibly be due to the fact Obama's tax cuts were focused on the middle class, and Bush's tax cuts were primarily focused on the wealthy?? Or the fact Obama is steeping up actions on Afghanistan (you know where those who attacked us on 9/11 were based) and Bush started a War in a country that wasn't involved in the attacks??

No, that couldn't possibly be it could it??

Old 04-19-2010, 09:10 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wooo, talking about dishonest..

You first claimed I wasnt being honest and I was posting mis-information, and then you go on to validate those new taxes I listed.. Really thats rather stupid for you to support my argument while claiming I was wrong..
You denied that he signed the biggest tax cut in history. I proved this wrong. It's simple math and math don't lie.

Then you tried to spin around and claim that since some of these bills brought higher taxes that it cancels out. I pulled some items off a PDF supplied by the GOP website to show the dishonesty in their numbers.

You want to debate with the big boys you better leave the smoke and mirrors bull**** at the keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Dude, it is an absolute, undeniable FACT that Obama signed the TWO biggest tax INCREASES in HISTORY.

Source?

Quote:
BTW, those increases disproportionately affected lower income people. "Disproportionately" isn't really strong enough - I would say almost EXCLUSIVELY.
Again, sources? Or better yet, reasoning?

Old 04-19-2010, 09:13 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
That is total nonsense.
No it's not. To say that Armey "runs" the teabagger movement is a stretch, but he's a major player in it and has provided alot of funding to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies