Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 06:27 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,524,009 times

Advertisements

I thought he was going to bring the whole country together! The biggest problem I see now is that I have become a racist, a teabagger, a conservative wacko , and a terrorist to my own country. I never felt this way before Obama. I thought we were going to not be so divided this time. I have never felt so divided in my whole 43 years of life!!!

I dont say too much but this man is dividing the whole world.

Its funny but I have learned so much from this forum and listen to both sides and sometimes I get it right! I really feel this way. Its sad. Stupid little old me has an opinion and I guess no one can bash me, I did not mention Beck, Fox, or Rush! I feel very like a terrorist in my own country now. I feel like I cant say what I want anymore. I feel like when I finally am getting it right , its too late.

Last edited by stevemorse; 04-10-2010 at 06:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 06:50 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,368,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
I thought he was going to bring the whole country together! The biggest problem I see now is that I have become a racist, a teabagger, a conservative wacko , and a terrorist to my own country. I never felt this way before Obama. I thought we were going to not be so divided this time. I have never felt so divided in my whole 43 years of life!!!
As Maxwell Smart would say the old "divide and conquer trick " or he could have learned that from Bush.Do you not recall when referring to Iraq war protesters he said you are either for us or against us and if you are against you do not support our troops?
The both of them are creatures of democracy,they will say and do anything to make the other party look like the enemy and to gain and keep power.Mean while the real enemy of the people have the cover they need because the sheeple are too busy arguing over which of the pathetic parties is better then the other.
Lincoln said "a house divided against itself shall not stand ", I think that is the situation today.

Old 04-10-2010, 06:55 AM

Thanks you were the first one to answer me. I am sure if I said Rush told me, there would be 10 bashers by now. You have a set of guts on you!! It is the old divide and conquer trick, but I expected so much more from Obama. I thought he would bring us together. I wanted to really root for him. YOu know I could say that Fox news divided me too!!! However, I turned it off when I VOTED!!! I had high hopes things would change.

I am glad you jumped in first, now we can see what the people here think!!!

Ohh and I forgot the employed vs the unemployeed war too going on. We have never been so against each other!! Its on so many levels.

I am proud that I got so bashed here, this allowed me to really see the problem with Obama.

Do you think we can fix or change this? Will this change? I dont like feeling so divided.

Last edited by stevemorse; 04-10-2010 at 07:07 AM..

Old 04-10-2010, 07:27 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,586,090 times
Quote:

Its funny but I have learned so much from this forum and listen to both sides and sometimes I get it right! I really feel this way. Its sad. Stupid little old me has an opinion and I guess no one can bash me, I did not mention Beck, Fox, or Rush! I feel very like a terrorist in my own country now. I feel like I cant say what I want anymore. I feel like when I finally am getting it right , its too late.

Sounds to me like you've listening to too much slack-jawed idiocy on talk radio.

Just remember, we're all Americans. We're in this together. And your fellow Americans are not your enemies, like some hate radio morons keep saying. We're gonna get through this slump and come out ahead in the longer run.

Sometimes, it's tough to keep the proper perspective.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:28 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,234,548 times
Obama has brought the country together... against Obama.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Obama has brought the country together... against Obama.
thats one way to look at it!

Old 04-10-2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Sounds to me like you've listening to too much slack-jawed idiocy on talk radio.

Just remember, we're all Americans. We're in this together. And your fellow Americans are not your enemies, like some hate radio morons keep saying. We're gonna get through this slump and come out ahead in the longer run.

Sometimes, it's tough to keep the proper perspective.
ohh I was waiting for that! Ditto!!!! SOmetimes we do have to keep the proper perspective I agree!!

Old 04-10-2010, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reid_g View Post
As Maxwell Smart would say the old "divide and conquer trick " or he could have learned that from Bush.Do you not recall when referring to Iraq war protesters he said you are either for us or against us and if you are against you do not support our troops?
The both of them are creatures of democracy,they will say and do anything to make the other party look like the enemy and to gain and keep power.Mean while the real enemy of the people have the cover they need because the sheeple are too busy arguing over which of the pathetic parties is better then the other.
Lincoln said "a house divided against itself shall not stand ", I think that is the situation today.
no I dont recall that. I have been reading your post over and over and its very true. I guess I never felt it before under Bush but maybe if I was against the war I would have felt like I do now. I guess its THERE time and their turn. So the same thing happened under Bush but I did not notice it because I was too RA RA. Umm so they felt divided. I guess Bush did it too? Im sorry it was only this past two years I even got into Politics. I still am learning what Nafta is.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:42 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,509,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reid_g View Post
Bush said that about forgeign contries right after September 11th. Way before there were war protesters. I don't think Bush ever publically said anything about war protesters. He even met with Cindy Sheehan an more than one occassion.

Not saying his adminiatration didn't do things to suppress the speech of the left or anything. I just don't remember Bush himself criticizing American citizens.

That's what gets me about Obama. What kind of president comes out and makes fun of and puts down private citizens? It shows he wasn't anyhere near ready for the job. He lacks intelligence and maturity.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:48 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:

Then you should be thankful to Obama for bringing this to your consciousness. The first step in dealing with such problems, is recognizing you have them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies