Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 01:02 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,607 times

Advertisements

Funny how people who are calling for immediate overthrow of the government are calling Obama a radical. I realize many on here don't know the defintion of radical, so I'll post it.

Radical:
1. Arising from or going to a root or source; basic: proposed a radical solution to the problem.
2. Departing markedly from the usual or customary; extreme: radical opinions on education.
3. Favoring or effecting fundamental or revolutionary changes in current practices, conditions, or institutions: radical political views.

n
1. One who advocates fundamental or revolutionary changes in current practices, conditions, or institutions: radicals seeking to overthrow the social order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 02:31 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
That really is irony, isn't it. It's also unbelievable that these people who want to overthrow a duly elected president and upset the peaceful transfer of power that we've enjoyed since the beginning of our nation can call themselves "patriotic." It's anything but patriotic to talk that radical crap.

Old 04-12-2010, 02:39 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
As far as I know, there WAS a peaceful transfer of power on Jan 21, 2009.

After obama started governing is when the problems arose, especially the radical way in which HC was passed.

OP - all that you posted applies to obama.

Quote:
2. Departing markedly from the usual or customary; extreme: radical opinions on education.
3. Favoring or effecting fundamental or revolutionary changes in current practices, conditions, or institutions:
Check for both.

I seem to recall he said he would fundamentally transform the US - the everyday average Americans want none of what he wants to transform her into.

Old 04-12-2010, 02:57 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

After obama started governing is when the problems arose, especially the radical way in which HC was passed.

Check for both.

I seem to recall he said he would fundamentally transform the US - the everyday average Americans want none of what he wants to transform her into.
The radical way in which HC was passed??

Old 04-12-2010, 03:04 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,708,271 times
"Can you get any more radical than calling for a revolution or a coup?"

Yip how about some responsible government. That is way more radical than what you've suggested.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:06 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
The majority won. How radical.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:07 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:

Check for both.

LOL obama is a democrat not a radical funny how many on the right can't figure out the difference. everyone who paid attention knew heath care was a top priority, it only seems radical to the people who oppose it. radical? LOL

Old 04-12-2010, 03:09 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Wanting to return to the principals outlined in the Constitution is radical now?

Old 04-12-2010, 03:10 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Funny how people who are calling for immediate overthrow of the government are calling Obama a radical. I realize many on here don't know the defintion of radical, so I'll post it.

Radical:
1. Arising from or going to a root or source; basic: proposed a radical solution to the problem.
3. Favoring or effecting fundamental or revolutionary changes in current practices, conditions, or institutions: radical political views.

n
1. One who advocates fundamental or revolutionary changes in current practices, conditions, or institutions: radicals seeking to overthrow the social order.
The founding fathers called for an overthrow of the government quite often..

Thomas Jefferson, "God forbid we should ever be twenty years without a rebellion"..

Abraham Lincoln, "We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constituion"..

Nope.. Not at all radical to suggest a revolution, patriotic actually when the intent is to protect the Constitution which is far more important than any government or individual in america.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:12 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Wanting to return to the principals outlined in the Constitution is radical now?
No, only during the Bush years.. remember?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies