Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2010, 08:41 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times

Advertisements

For those of you out there who seem fixiated on belittling my optimism about the economy - the Index of LEI is the REASON I've been so optimistic since last March/April (when the LEI first began pointing towards a recovery). Since that time the LEI have CONTINUED to point to recovery - and the latest numbers represent a RECORD increase.
As I've been saying for MONTHS now - 2010 is going to see a huge improvement in the economy. It won't be totally healed of course - that will take AT LEAST year or so after this one, but by the end of this year the recovery will be pretty well underway and hard to ignore.

US Leading Economic Index Hits Record High in March

A gauge of the U.S. economy's prospects rose more strongly than expected to a record high in March, pointing to a steady economic recovery, a private research group said Monday.

The Conference Board said its index of leading economic indicators increased 1.4 percent, rising for the 12th straight month, after an upwardly revised 0.4 percent gain in February.

News Headlines (http://www.cnbc.com/id/36641385 - broken link)

Ken
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 09:00 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
For those of you out there who seem fixiated on belittling my optimism about the economy - the Index of LEI is the REASON I've been so optimistic since last March/April (when the LEI first began pointing towards a recovery). Since that time the LEI have CONTINUED to point to recovery - and the latest numbers represent a RECORD increase.
As I've been saying for MONTHS now - 2010 is going to see a huge improvement in the economy. It won't be totally healed of course - that will take AT LEAST year or so after this one, but by the end of this year the recovery will be pretty well underway and hard to ignore.

A gauge of the U.S. economy's prospects rose more strongly than expected to a record high in March, pointing to a steady economic recovery, a private research group said Monday.

The Conference Board said its index of leading economic indicators increased 1.4 percent, rising for the 12th straight month, after an upwardly revised 0.4 percent gain in February.

Ken

The LEI has been rising for 12 straight months but the labor situation has still not reaped the effects.
I am very concerned that high unemployment levels will be very stubborn.
And that is the most important part of any recovery- job creation.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
The LEI has been rising for 12 straight months but the labor situation has still not reaped the effects.
I am very concerned that high unemployment levels will be very stubborn.
And that is the most important part of any recovery- job creation.
Oh unemployment IS being stubbon no doubt about it - but as per the numbers last month when over 160,000 net jobs were created (120,000 or so in the private sector) THAT is starting to change too. The numbers to be released THIS month will be even better and the month after that better yet. As I've been saying since last fall - "job creation will begin in the spring" - and that's EXACTLY what's happening.

Ken

Old 04-19-2010, 09:10 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
A lot of people have been focusing on the economic indicators in that famous area of the world, "De-Nile". Seems to be the focus of many right wingers.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:11 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post

Ken
I hope that you're right. Nobody (right or left) should want to see the economy to go down the tubes.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:57 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Though economic indicators are up, businesses have be historically slow at adding jobs.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:59 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
I hope that you're right. Nobody (right or left) should want to see the economy to go down the tubes.
Stick around this thread and see for yourself.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:41 AM

2,847 posts, read 2,516,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
Stick around this thread and see for yourself.
Agreed, no one should want to see the economy in the tank. bad for everyone and everything. Anyone that does is ,,,,,well use your imagination

Old 04-19-2010, 12:12 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Those who want it to go down in flames believe it will be reborn phoenix-like into a new kind of economy/country/world/ect. that will be better than before.

They always forget to look at the historical track record for revolutions... they come at a very high price and things usually just get worse before they get better.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Those who want it to go down in flames believe it will be reborn phoenix-like into a new kind of economy/country/world/ect. that will be better than before.

They always forget to look at the historical track record for revolutions... they come at a very high price and things usually just get worse before they get better.
Yup.
Most revolutions are a disaster.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies