Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 08:26 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,716,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
truth is for idiots and conservatives. Liberals care more about getting people to think like them.
Or, if they can't, make them shut up; or, if they can't, resort to calling them ugly names and maybe they'll go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 08:54 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,473,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Beck's not going anywhere. His style appeals to the lower half of the Fox audience which consists of the lower half of the public.
Precisely, and if he disappeared tomorrow, there'd be another just like him (or likely worse) to take his place. The scary thing is there's really a demand for this kinda stuff, and the wackos have just become another "market segment" to pander to!

Old 04-29-2010, 08:59 AM

2 posts, read 1,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db1025 View Post
This thread shows how scared the left is of the truth.
LOOK! there's that word again.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:42 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,716,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Precisely, and if he disappeared tomorrow, there'd be another just like him (or likely worse) to take his place. The scary thing is there's really a demand for this kinda stuff, and the wackos have just become another "market segment" to pander to!
You know what? I kinda like being pandered to. The left has had the corner on enjoying pandering for decades. Time for a change, don't you think?

It would be rather nice to have Obama curry our favor, bow to us, beat up on the opposition, spread us some of that wealth for a change.

Naw, I don't think the left would willingly give that up. Sigh.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:56 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,307,924 times
I love Glenn Beck and think he is just great!
I never miss his TV or radio show.
Without him, we would not know what's really
going on in the White House.
He always tells the truth and he loves as country!
He makes the corrupt people stand out.
Way to go Beck and keep up the great work.
You need a huge raise!

Old 04-29-2010, 02:08 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,200,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
You need a huge raise!
He actually does.. I read yesterday that he receives $3M a year for his tv show (a 3 year contract).. A far cry from many other shows on television.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:40 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,955,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Beck is just being successful in his quest to ascend to irrelevancy.
You mean like the Dems.....or just the liberals?

Old 04-29-2010, 05:17 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,867,716 times
Quote:
I only see the left trying to shut up Glenn Beck and call him crazy. I don't see the left disputing the facts on his show. I don't see the left answering to some of the questions he brings up. I don't see the president calling Beck on the red phone he has in his studio. I don't see anyone else investigating the allegations of corruption within our own government that he brings up on his show. All I see is the left coming up with "he's stupid." We should ask ourselves,"why?"

Old 04-30-2010, 03:37 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,380,115 times
Quote:
And why would the left be scared? We're running the show for the next 7 years Seems to me the right are running around hysterically saying the sky is falling.

Old 04-30-2010, 04:51 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,659,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
I only see the left trying to shut up Glenn Beck and call him crazy. I don't see the left disputing the facts on his show. I don't see the left answering to some of the questions he brings up. I don't see the president calling Beck on the red phone he has in his studio. I don't see anyone else investigating the allegations of corruption within our own government that he brings up on his show. All I see is the left coming up with "he's stupid." We should ask ourselves,"why?"
"he's stupid"
One thing is for sure, they may say "he's stupid" but he is VERY far from being stupid.
I wish he was stupid, its hard to think these things could be true. Maybe that's why some people would rather say he is stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies