Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 11:50 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,807,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Word.

What in the world do people needs guns for in a restaurant?
When you really want breakfast.

YouTube - Falling Down - I want breakfast

Old 05-02-2010, 05:09 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,326,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
I think u got it wrong...

Private property for PRIVATE use is like a sanctuary. U have the right to deny entry to anyone...

Private property for PUBLIC or COMMERCIAL use is an entirely different issue.

Rights & laws regulate it.

So,in the same way a proprietor cannot deny entry/work/ offering services to blondes,pregnant,elderly,Jews,blacks,homos,disable d,
he doesn't have the right to deny entry to law abiding gun bearers...

Don't allow the enemy to have an ideological victory. Don't shoot yourselves in the foot.

Gun carry must be legal in all private properties for public/commercial use...
I would not eat in a restaurant where I saw people carrying guns.
I want to eat where I feel safe, and that doesn't include being around people carrying guns.
It works both ways.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:27 AM

Quote:
We need a lawyer commentator to clarify that issue for us...

Denial of entry to a gun bearer is a discrimination & violation of a civil right,unless the laws or court decisions do not specify gun carry as a civil right...
Please tell me what civil right that would be.
Your opinion doesn't count.
You're the one claiming discrimination, do tell how.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:03 AM

2,574 posts, read 2,494,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
No, it's not. Owning a gun is a civil right, but not carrying it.

As many people have said, it's private property. They can do what they want. They aren't infringing on your right to own a weapon, merely telling you that you can't carry it in their store. Much like they can ask any patron to leave or refuse service, they can ask you not to bring a gun in to their establishment.

The Consti states about BEARING arms...

Can any proprietor ask blacks,homos,disabled,to leave or not enter the premises,just because of their ethnicity,colour,orientation,disability..?

If so,then the Consti & the laws do not apply on private properties...
They are like Embassies ...foreign ground...

Old 05-02-2010, 08:38 AM

5,007 posts, read 15,447,856 times
Quote:

Can any proprietor ask blacks,homos,disabled,to leave or not enter the premises,just because of their ethnicity,colour,orientation,disability..?

No, they can't ask them to leave because they are black, gay, whatever, but on the flip side, they can make up a reason and kick them out.

Also, black, gay, disabilities...all are protected categories under the law. Open-carry wackos are not.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:43 AM

Quote:

What are you talking about?
If you're a part of a militia and doing your militia duties, you won't be hanging out in Fuddruckers.
Holy moley guy, try reading the constitution and the law as was linked above.

Your silliness is ridiculous.
Do you carry your guns to church?

Old 05-02-2010, 08:43 AM

2,574 posts, read 2,494,373 times
The gun carry is protected by the Consti,which is a "super" law,
compared with the Civil Rights Act,which is a "common" law & can be terminated by a simple majority...

Old 05-02-2010, 08:47 AM

369 posts, read 683,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I have less and less respect for gun whackos every day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I would not eat in a restaurant where I saw people carrying guns.
I want to eat where I feel safe, and that doesn't include being around people carrying guns.
It works both ways.
Say a new restaurant opens up near you. The owner is a huge fan of people being able to carry handguns out and about, so long as they follow the laws of the land. The owner is a member of a few gun forums and has advertised his new business and invited like minded people to come. You go, not knowing there might be a few folks with guns in the place. You go and are appalled at all the handguns. So you get on-line, or text, or tell, all sorts of people about how this is soooo horrible, and to not spend their money in the business. Do you think people should "have less and less respect for" you anti-gun, anti-freedom "whackos?" Or does the term "whackos" only apply to folks whom you disagree with?

Do you lose respect for all people who criticize a business, or do you really just have a thing out for gun owners? If your a hypocrite, at least admit it in your post.

I am all for private property rights, but if any business wants to ban a lawful activity, and some customers, or former customers, take offense and vocalize/write those complaints for all to see, I wouldn't lose any respect for those folks. In fact, I encourage it. Debate is good for the country, and if it negatively affects a business, so be it. Just because someone, or some company, gets financially hurt, receives negative press coverage, etc. due to statements made by others, oh well. As long as the statements are truthful, the business needs to make a decision on how they will respond. If the "gun whackos" are a minuscule minority of the customer base, who cares what they say. However, if the company sees a noticeable drop in the customer base, they might want to re-think the policies they have in place. If they start allowing guns, and folks like you start complaining publicly, that isn't a bad thing. I sure wouldn't call you a "whacko" just for vocalizing your anti-gun stance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Word.

What in the world do people needs guns for in a restaurant?
Yea..it isn't like some armed criminal thug has ever went into a restaurant with a gun to rob, kill, and/or rape the workers.

Last edited by Ravekid; 05-02-2010 at 08:58 AM..

Old 05-02-2010, 08:52 AM

37,282 posts, read 19,287,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravekid View Post
Why, because they dare to engage in internet speech/debate about a legal act they engage in? Do you lose respect for all people who criticize a business, or do you really just have a thing out for gun owners? If your a hypocrite, at least admit it in your post.

I am all for private property rights, but if any business wants to ban a lawful activity, and some customers, or former customers, take offense and vocalize/write those complaints for all too see, I wouldn't lose any respect for those folks. In fact, I encourage it. Debate is good for the country, and if it negatively affects a business, so be it. Just because someone, or some company, gets financially hurt, receives negative press coverage, etc. due to statements made by others, oh well. As long as the statements are truthful, the business needs to make a decision on how they will respond. If the "gun whackos" are a minuscule minority of the customer base, who cares what they say. However, if the company sees a noticeable drop in the customer base, they might want to re-think the policies they have in place.
I doubt that they will notice the difference in traffic when the John Wayne wannabes go back to McDonalds. Those who are left will subdue their lunches with plastic knives like they always have.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:06 AM

5,007 posts, read 15,447,856 times
Quote:
The gun carry is protected by the Consti,which is a "super" law,
compared with the Civil Rights Act,which is a "common" law & can be terminated by a simple majority...

You're so wrong, it's amazing. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say anything about gun carry. Look it up.

Of course, it does guarantee the Civil Rights laws explicitly.

You don't know what you're talking about, so stop talking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.