Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 09:11 AM

369 posts, read 683,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I doubt that they will notice the difference in traffic when the John Wayne wannabes go back to McDonalds. Those who are left will subdue their lunches with plastic knives like they always have.
Then why does Fuddruckers, Starbucks, and others even feel the need to respond? I always find that odd. Not only do they respond, but they sometimes go out of their way to change the rules, or correct individual store managers who were wrong from the get go.

The Casper, WY Starbucks is a good example. Someone from the store made a person leave because they had a handgun. This is the right of Starbucks. However, it is also the right of the person who was kicked out to pass his story along to as many others as he/she sees fit, and to contact Starbucks corporate. That is exactly what the person did. Funny thing, Starbucks actually responded, and said that stores follow the laws of the state they are in. Kinda funny that Starbucks would take such measures if they would have only had a minuscule change in traffic/business. Also odd how the gun grabbers from the Brady Campaign have to come out with a statement on this issue. If the issue is nothing, and the gun owners mean nothing in terms of $$$ being made by the business, then why on Earth are stores changing policies and the gun grabbers screaming about scared customers and the like?

Old 05-02-2010, 09:15 AM

296 posts, read 273,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I would not eat in a restaurant where I saw people carrying guns.
I want to eat where I feel safe, and that doesn't include being around people carrying guns.
It works both ways.
Really? You have never ate in a restaurant where people were carrying a gun? You honestly believe that? Ever heard of a concealed carry permit?

ahhh, if only ignorance was a pretty flower..

Old 05-02-2010, 09:24 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,691,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
This is an interesting thread because it is about a problem that has to be solved...

Gun carry,open or concealed,is a civil right.
No proprietor,no business owner,nobody can violate that right.

In the same way that no business can prohibit blondes,Jews,blacks,homosexuals,disabled etc to enter,work or be served on its premises.
Tobacco use is not a right.Smokers can be banned...

I don't know the exact legal framework but we have to carry this issue to the Supreme Court,to ballots ,to Congressional & State Legislature politics.

Nobody should be able to deny us the right to lawfully carry a gun,openly or concealed...
Here is what I told anti-smoking people.

If you don't like it dont go there. The owner of the business gets to make the ultimate decision. Not you not the state.

Your rights to carry firearms does not trump the business owners right to refuse service to anybody for any reason. Sorry.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:35 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,337,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravekid View Post
Say a new restaurant opens up near you. The owner is a huge fan of people being able to carry handguns out and about, so long as they follow the laws of the land. The owner is a member of a few gun forums and has advertised his new business and invited like minded people to come. You go, not knowing there might be a few folks with guns in the place. You go and are appalled at all the handguns. So you get on-line, or text, or tell, all sorts of people about how this is soooo horrible, and to not spend their money in the business. Do you think people should "have less and less respect for" you anti-gun, anti-freedom "whackos?" Or does the term "whackos" only apply to folks whom you disagree with?

Do you lose respect for all people who criticize a business, or do you really just have a thing out for gun owners? If your a hypocrite, at least admit it in your post.

I am all for private property rights, but if any business wants to ban a lawful activity, and some customers, or former customers, take offense and vocalize/write those complaints for all to see, I wouldn't lose any respect for those folks. In fact, I encourage it. Debate is good for the country, and if it negatively affects a business, so be it. Just because someone, or some company, gets financially hurt, receives negative press coverage, etc. due to statements made by others, oh well. As long as the statements are truthful, the business needs to make a decision on how they will respond. If the "gun whackos" are a minuscule minority of the customer base, who cares what they say. However, if the company sees a noticeable drop in the customer base, they might want to re-think the policies they have in place. If they start allowing guns, and folks like you start complaining publicly, that isn't a bad thing. I sure wouldn't call you a "whacko" just for vocalizing your anti-gun stance.

Yea..it isn't like some armed criminal thug has ever went into a restaurant with a gun to rob, kill, and/or rape the workers.
What part of I would not eat in a restaurant where people wear guns don't you understand?
I wouldn't do it. Period.

Luckily, I live in Europe at the moment and don't have to deal with these morons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmandvadva View Post
Really? You have never ate in a restaurant where people were carrying a gun? You honestly believe that? Ever heard of a concealed carry permit?

ahhh, if only ignorance was a pretty flower..
I'm sure I haven't.
I don't live in the wacky crazy gun totin' wild west of the US.
I rarely eat out and the few restaurants I do are not the type that insecure gun-totin' whackos would choose to eat in.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:53 AM

37,298 posts, read 19,309,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravekid View Post
Then why does Fuddruckers, Starbucks, and others even feel the need to respond? I always find that odd. Not only do they respond, but they sometimes go out of their way to change the rules, or correct individual store managers who were wrong from the get go.

The Casper, WY Starbucks is a good example. Someone from the store made a person leave because they had a handgun. This is the right of Starbucks. However, it is also the right of the person who was kicked out to pass his story along to as many others as he/she sees fit, and to contact Starbucks corporate. That is exactly what the person did. Funny thing, Starbucks actually responded, and said that stores follow the laws of the state they are in. Kinda funny that Starbucks would take such measures if they would have only had a minuscule change in traffic/business. Also odd how the gun grabbers from the Brady Campaign have to come out with a statement on this issue. If the issue is nothing, and the gun owners mean nothing in terms of $$$ being made by the business, then why on Earth are stores changing policies and the gun grabbers screaming about scared customers and the like?
Better question -

Why are some people so insecure and scared that they feel the only way they can be safe is if they go everywhere armed?

If I was that terrified of living I'd stay at home and hide under the bed.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What part of I would not eat in a restaurant where people wear guns don't you understand?
I wouldn't do it. Period.

Luckily, I live in Europe at the moment and don't have to deal with these morons.

I'm sure I haven't.
I don't live in the wacky crazy gun totin' wild west of the US.
I rarely eat out and the few restaurants I do are not the type that insecure gun-totin' whackos would choose to eat in.
ahhh, that explains why the days have seemed better lately. thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Better question -

Why are some people so insecure and scared that they feel the only way they can be safe is if they go everywhere armed?

If I was that terrified of living I'd stay at home and hide under the bed.
talk about ignorant people that love to stereotype.

you are clueless on the subject and it shows. Ever heard this little beauty from Lincoln?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:03 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,361,168 times
I wouldn't have a problem with a legal concealed sidearm in my store. But I would not tolerate a sidearm in public view.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:09 AM

37,298 posts, read 19,309,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmandvadva View Post
ahhh, that explains why the days have seemed better lately. thanks

talk about ignorant people that love to stereotype.

you are clueless on the subject and it shows.
Then why don't you make nice and cure our ignorance?

If you have no fear, why do you need to walk around armed? I own a nnumber of guns and shoot regularly, but never carry a sidearm unless I am in the woods, nor do I feel the need to do so.

If you are not scared, the only other scenario I can come up with is that you are waiting for your opportunity to be a hero of some type.

Word to the wise: I wouldn't pull to "help" if LE is involved in a struggle. that's a good way to end up with a toe tag.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:09 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,271,936 times
Just incase this hasn't already been posted....

YouTube - Suzanna Gratia Hupp explains meaning of 2nd Amendment!

Old 05-02-2010, 10:12 AM

some of us don't live in Mayberry. Believe it or not, there are crap cities full of seriously crappy people that actually enjoy hurting/robbing/killing people. But you all just go on with your simple lives in your pretty little perfect towns. The rest of us would rather be ready for the unexpected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies