Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2010, 11:27 AM

296 posts, read 273,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
You could stand to review TOS. Contribute to the thread, but if your content is personal attacks, best you take your own advice and remain silent yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Make no mistake about it, I agree with the assertions of that youtube video. I fully support & enjoy my 2nd amendment rights. I just have a very hard time supporting them for wackaloons. Unfortunately we've had an abundance show up to post in this thread.
my, my, how quickly we forget our own words.. hate it when that happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Ask Texas.

Do they have open carry laws?

If not, why not?
purely speculation, but speculation shared by many: to make money. Open carry does not allow the state to charge a nice chunk of change for permits and renewals. A CHL does and that is what Texas has.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:31 AM

2,574 posts, read 2,489,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
What on Earth are you talking about?

U pretend that u don't understand...

Texas is supposed to be the symbol of the "red " America,
Rednecks,cowboys,gun lovers,executioners etc...

When in such a symbol state,the federal Consti right to bear arms is...infringed,then imagine what happens in a blue state...

When we lose in ...Houston,can we win in ...Chicago..?

Last edited by harrycrat; 05-02-2010 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: 1 error

Old 05-02-2010, 11:33 AM

5,007 posts, read 15,428,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post

When in such a symbol state,the federal Consti right to bear arms is...infringed,then imagine what happens in a blue state...

Who we lose in ...Houston,can we win in ...Chicago..?

No, I really don't understand. You communicate on about a 3rd-grade level. Try typing in actual sentences and words.

Do you even live in Texas? The Texas Constitution was written a long, long time before blue and red states.

And you keep mistaking the phrase "bear arms", a military phrase and used as such, for "having some right to wander around carrying a gun", which is guaranteed absolutely nowhere.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:36 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post

Who we lose in ...Houston,can we win in ...Chicago..?
No, really, your posts don't make very much sense.
Not just here, either.
We only know you by how well you communicate...

Old 05-02-2010, 11:39 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,246,178 times
Quote:
No, I really don't understand. You communicate on about a 3rd-grade level. Try typing in actual sentences and words.

Do you even live in Texas? The Texas Constitution was written a long, long time before blue and red states.

And you keep mistaking the phrase "bear arms", a military phrase and used as such, for "having some right to wander around carrying a gun", which is guaranteed absolutely nowhere.
"Saturday June 17, 2000; 1:11 PM EDT
Machine Gun-Toting Black Panther Protest Called Legal
When fifteen members of the New Black Panther Party brandished AK-47
machine guns as they marched through the streets of downtown Houston
Friday, they broke no laws, say Texas media sources.
"It is legal in Texas to carry such firearms openly as long as the carrier
is not a felon and does not aim the weapon at anyone,
" reported The Houston
Chronicle on Saturday. In the same report the Chronicle said the group
"carried shotguns, AK-47s and other rifles."

http://lists.village.virginia.edu/li...es-l/1046.html

Back to law school for YOU!!!!!

Old 05-02-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
is not a felon and does not aim the weapon at anyone,
" reported The Houston

stdin: [sixties-l] Machine Gun-Toting Black Panther Protest Cal

Back to reading comprehension school for you. I never said it wasn't legal, only that it wasn't a guaranteed Constitutional right and that the government can take it away if they wish.

Do you even know what you're arguing about, or did you just see the word "guns" and start throwing around words like "rights" and "Constitution" in the hopes that something was correct?

Old 05-02-2010, 11:50 AM

37,231 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
is not a felon and does not aim the weapon at anyone," reported The Houston

stdin: [sixties-l] Machine Gun-Toting Black Panther Protest Cal

Cool.

My question is, if the right to bear arms per the U.S. Constitution means you can carry openly any sort of firearm your heart is set on, how can Texas or any other state pass a law that amends that?

If I was you, I'd strap on a pearl-handled .45 Colt and demand an audience with the governor to discuss this situation fully before the infringement gets out of hand.

BTW - A stainless Ruger will work just as well if you don't own a Colt.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:06 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,489,970 times
Hmm,I made 1 error,which I corrected later & u think that u r in a position to snob my english...
America would be a paradise if u had more immigrants like me...speaking my english...
Still no clarification from the aged hippie...Combat or...cleaners..?

Anyway,it is sad to see so many pro-gun people stumble on the block of private property...

If a "no-gun "sign is legit,then a... "no...coloured " sign should be legit too...

Old 05-02-2010, 12:06 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times
Quote:
Back to reading comprehension school for you. I never said it wasn't legal, only that it wasn't a guaranteed Constitutional right and that the government can take it away if they wish.

Do you even know what you're arguing about, or did you just see the word "guns" and start throwing around words like "rights" and "Constitution" in the hopes that something was correct?
Open carry of long guns in Texas was legal even when carrying handguns was not, because of their state constitution's provisions for a right to keep and bear arms. Currently Texans have the option of open carrying a long gun or getting a permit to conceal a handgun.

The following is from the TX Constitution, it very much is a right:

"SEC. 23. Every citizen shall have the right to keep and bear arms in the lawful defense of himself or the State; but the Legislature shall have power by law to regulate the wearing of arms with a view to prevent crime."

Old 05-02-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Open carry of long guns in Texas was legal even when carrying handguns was not, because of their state constitution's provisions for a right to keep and bear arms. Currently Texans have the option of open carrying a long gun or getting a permit to conceal a handgun.

The following is from the TX Constitution, it very much is a right:

"SEC. 23. Every citizen shall have the right to keep and bear arms in the lawful defense of himself or the State; but the Legislature shall have power by law to regulate the wearing of arms with a view to prevent crime."

I already posted that. "Keep and bear arms" does not mean a guaranteed right to wander around openly carrying a rifle. It is a privilege that can be revoked; it's written in to the law you quoted.

"Bear arms" is being used in a military sense, not in a "walk around" sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies