Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 01:30 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times

Advertisements

I hope they do cut the illegal immigrant loving bums (that are bankrupting CA) off! AZ would find other customers in a heartbeat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 01:30 PM

214 posts, read 120,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
AWESOME!

I'm sure Texas as well as Oregon and Wash. state would love to sell power to LA and others in CA. There wouldn't be a problem either.

AZ better watch out, if they plan to go "ALL IN", 'cause they're not holding an ACE in the hole. That would just be too funny though. I hope they do it. My portfolio in Texas energy companies would just love it.
It would be much harder than you are making it out to be. It's all about who owns and runs the infrastructure that delivers the power. It's not as easy as flipping a switch and now another company supplies the power. It would cost mega bucks to make the cutover.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:34 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuditTheFed View Post
It would be much harder than you are making it out to be. It's all about who owns and runs the infrastructure that delivers the power. It's not as easy as flipping a switch and now another company supplies the power. It would cost mega bucks to make the cutover.

At the same time, if there's no wording in the contract that covers renegotiating rates before the contract term, then this again goes back to Political postering that could pretty much come back to bit AZ in the end. I certainly hope before he published that letter, that he read the contract very carefully and didn't just insert foot in mouth.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:34 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
And yet another self-defeating rhetoric from AZ. I guess they won't mind losing 25% of their revenue... what is that, when they are already in a s-hole?

Think they can revise contracts... LOL, let them have it.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:36 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And yet another self-defeating rhetoric from AZ. I guess they won't mind losing 25% of their revenue... what is that, when they are already in a s-hole?

Yes the illegal immigrants have made AZ a s-hole and now they are cleaning house. Hopefully they will all run to LA and make that s-hole a mega s-hole, further bankrupting the state and degrading the schools some more.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:36 PM

214 posts, read 120,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
At the same time, if there's no wording in the contract that covers renegotiating rates before the contract term, then this again goes back to Political postering that could pretty much come back to bit AZ in the end. I certainly hope before he published that letter, that he read the contract very carefully and didn't just insert foot in mouth.
They will just tear the contract up. That's what a boycott is right? Contracts can be broken and it happens all the time.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:37 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Which one of you liberal stooges on the forum want to stand up and volunteer to wear the Dunce Hat for the collective group of idiots that thought a boycott would actually do something productive?

Old 05-18-2010, 01:37 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:

I doubt that it is the City of LA that has the contracts anyway. Most likely it is Southern California Edison (based in Rosemead LA) who owns the contracts and who delivers the power at rates agreed by the Commission. I believe, too, that SCE also owns 15% of the Palo Verde nuclear generating station just outside Phoenix.

That is why these "boycotts" are stupid. Firstly, it is all political posturing with very little substance, secondly our economies are too intertwined for them to be able to work anyway.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:38 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
They will just tear the contract up. That's what a boycott is right? Contracts can be broken and it happens all the time.

only contracts written on napkins.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:39 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Yes the illegal immigrants have made AZ a s-hole and now they are cleaning house. Hopefully they will all run to LA and make that s-hole a mega s-hole, further bankrupting the state and degrading the schools some more.
LOL

I truly laughed out loud! Excellent!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies