Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2010, 12:00 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,157,256 times

Advertisements

Pelosi Says She Has a Duty to Pursue Policies in Keeping With The Values of Jesus, 'The Word Made Flesh' (http://cnsnews.com/news/article/66208 - broken link)

At a May 6 Catholic Community Conference on Capitol Hill, the speaker said: “They ask me all the time, ‘What is your favorite this? What is your favorite that? What is your favorite that?’ And one time, ‘What is your favorite word?’ And I said, ‘My favorite word? That is really easy. My favorite word is the Word, is the Word. And that is everything. It says it all for us. And you know the biblical reference, you know the Gospel reference of the Word.”

“And that Word," Pelosi said, "is, we have to give voice to what that means in terms of public policy that would be in keeping with the values of the Word. The Word. Isn’t it a beautiful word when you think of it? It just covers everything. The Word.

“Fill it in with anything you want. But, of course, we know it means: ‘The Word was made flesh and dwelt amongst us.’ And that’s the great mystery of our faith. He will come again. He will come again. So, we have to make sure we’re prepared to answer in this life, or otherwise, as to how we have measured up.”

This statement makes no sense. For some reason she is attempting to get very chummy w/ the Catholic church.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 12:05 PM

329 posts, read 201,821 times
Reason is votes.

Bush jabbered something like this and the moonbats would be barking like they all had their nails pulled.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:12 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,635,558 times
Well, I don't care if it is a rep or dem spouting this bullsh*t of putting 'the word' into policy --- I find it disturbing. I don't like it, even if it is a clear attempt at schmoozing voters. I think the only 'word' pelosi holds dear is ..... 'pelosi'.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:17 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,160 times
Nancy Pelosi- I wish her mom had a head ache that night, "Word Out".

Old 06-01-2010, 12:18 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,670 times
She's chummy with the church so they will continue to be chummy with her amnesty agenda. Votes for her, money for the church via parishioners. Catholic church attendance has declined due to the recent and long standing scandals but will be replenished by those here illegally, especially when made legal.

definition for "chumming"-

chum - buddy: a close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities
chum - bait consisting of chopped fish and fish oils that are dumped overboard to attract fish (bingo!)

Old 06-01-2010, 02:22 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,955,492 times
"Judge not, lest ye be judged."
- Jesus

Mike Mansfield said, "Joe, never question another man's motive. Question his judgment but never his motive." That advice has guided me, and, hopefully, well. And I hope it guides this Congress.
- Joe Biden

Old 06-01-2010, 02:37 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,148 times
I feel like I was listening to the lethal weapon 3 dialogue...

Murtaugh: Word Riggs! Riggs: Word Rog! Murtaugh: What the hell are we taking about? Riggs: Word. Four letters.. starts with W, OR in the middle, D on the end. Word. Murtaugh: Oh, that word.
I have another 4 letter would like to use to describe pelosi!

Old 06-01-2010, 03:37 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,202,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
She's chummy with the church so they will continue to be chummy with her amnesty agenda. Votes for her, money for the church via parishioners. Catholic church attendance has declined due to the recent and long standing scandals but will be replenished by those here illegally, especially when made legal.
Good post and most likely spot on accurate.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:46 PM

107 posts, read 91,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Pelosi Says She Has a Duty to Pursue Policies in Keeping With The Values of Jesus, 'The Word Made Flesh' (http://cnsnews.com/news/article/66208 - broken link)

At a May 6 Catholic Community Conference on Capitol Hill, the speaker said: “They ask me all the time, ‘What is your favorite this? What is your favorite that? What is your favorite that?’ And one time, ‘What is your favorite word?’ And I said, ‘My favorite word? That is really easy. My favorite word is the Word, is the Word. And that is everything. It says it all for us. And you know the biblical reference, you know the Gospel reference of the Word.”

“And that Word," Pelosi said, "is, we have to give voice to what that means in terms of public policy that would be in keeping with the values of the Word. The Word. Isn’t it a beautiful word when you think of it? It just covers everything. The Word.

“Fill it in with anything you want. But, of course, we know it means: ‘The Word was made flesh and dwelt amongst us.’ And that’s the great mystery of our faith. He will come again. He will come again. So, we have to make sure we’re prepared to answer in this life, or otherwise, as to how we have measured up.”

This statement makes no sense. For some reason she is attempting to get very chummy w/ the Catholic church.
LSD flashback, perhaps. She was just floating along stringing empty words and phrases together.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:24 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,085,827 times
This woman is an insult to the word "religion". She should have been eliminated in an early term abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies