Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 01:47 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
What is deplorable is no politician has the cojones to stand up and criticize Calderones anti-american rhetoric.
Exactly. Where is Rep. Joe "You lie" Wilson when you need him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 02:08 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times
Last I checked, the most popular assault rifle in Mexico was the AK-47 and oddly enough, the US is one of the few countries that rattling monstrosity was never manufactured. According to Wiki (I'm aware it may not be the most reliable source) the weapon has been or currently is produced in over 20 countries. These are of course unlicensed versions and inferior to the Russian model but they are cheap. These weapons sell for under $200 (US) all over the world so I find it difficult to believe the Mexican cartels are buying from the US where street value for even the crappiest knock-off is over $700 when they can easily smuggle them into Mexico directly from offshore suppliers for a significantly less per unit cost.

You can tug at heart strings all day but numbers never lie.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:09 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Mexico's Calderon criticizes state immigration law - Yahoo! News

Calderon also got a standing ovation from Democrats when he asked the United States to stop the flow of assualt weapons and other arms across the border and reinstate the ban on many assault weapons that was enacted in 1994 but allowed to expire during the George W. Bush presidency

"And broaching another highly sensitive issue, Calderon urged Congress to restore a ban on assault weapons, saying easy access to high-powered weapons is contributing to drug-related violence along the border

He said there are more than 7,000 gun shops along the border where almost anyone can purchase weapons."

So now he is a tool for the Democrats, lier lier
Never mind what Mexico's immigration policy is. :-)
Better yet it could be the Mexican president was using Obama's TelePrompter.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:21 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,498,768 times
This just makes me ill. This was planned and Total setup by OUR White House,to chastize this country for trying to keep Mexico's CRIMINALS OUT. To get his poor and unregistered citizens off OUR books..........

I hope all the border states adopt a similar law, it's pretty damn obvious Obama and his crew aren't going to push for one. heck they won't even READ the one that has already been written.,

Vote yes to a 2000 page bill you haven't read, berate a 15 page bill you haven't read. Makes total sense doesn't it?

Old 05-20-2010, 02:23 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
No, it's always AMERICA's fault. Just ask any lib, they'll tell you.
Nope, it's never America's fault. America is perfect and has never harmed a fly. Every think was hunky-dorey, that is until "that one" was elected. Ask any neo-con, conservative or tea party member and they'll tell you.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:24 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Last I checked, the most popular assault rifle in Mexico was the AK-47 and oddly enough, the US is one of the few countries that rattling monstrosity was never manufactured. According to Wiki (I'm aware it may not be the most reliable source) the weapon has been or currently is produced in over 20 countries. These are of course unlicensed versions and inferior to the Russian model but they are cheap. These weapons sell for under $200 (US) all over the world so I find it difficult to believe the Mexican cartels are buying from the US where street value for even the crappiest knock-off is over $700 when they can easily smuggle them into Mexico directly from offshore suppliers for a significantly less per unit cost.

You can tug at heart strings all day but numbers never lie.
LOL I wonder about the same thing. Then I wonder how many M-16's the cartels have actually came from the mexican military. Yes those rifles did originate in the USA also.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:28 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
This just makes me ill. This was planned and Total setup by OUR White House,to chastize this country for trying to keep Mexico's CRIMINALS OUT. To get his poor and unregistered citizens off OUR books..........

I hope all the border states adopt a similar law, it's pretty damn obvious Obama and his crew aren't going to push for one. heck they won't even READ the one that has already been written.,

Vote yes to a 2000 page bill you haven't read, berate a 15 page bill you haven't read. Makes total sense doesn't it?
Do you suffer from short term memory loss?

Old 05-20-2010, 02:31 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We don't agree often delusianne..but on this I think Americans stand united..Calderon insulted us and our Congress applauded him
It's an agreement between the two countries...but why? Remember Bush tentatively advancing it as "our guest workers" doing "the jobs Americans wont do," etc.... I just would like to know what the tradeoff is.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:34 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post

nicet4 posted the facts to the lie on the last page. Here is a chance for Democrat party supporters to contact their party and set them straight. If many DNC supporters say they are against lies and gun bans like I read on this forum, here is a chance for them to confront the DNC and live up to the claim.

The fact that the Democats gave a standing applaud to the idea of banning firearms no less by a foriegn president, gives a good clue to what they would like to do if they could.

The question is, will everyday Democrats be non partisan enough to confront the DNC leadership on this? Will all American confront them on this?

Old 05-20-2010, 02:34 PM

880 posts, read 2,025,295 times
White America is two faced .White canadians lives like us. people of color any one south of the border starves how come?Different strokes for different folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies