Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 02:06 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,191,121 times

Advertisements

Obama's approval ratings have been hovering around 50% for the last 3 months, history
shows us that a POTUS with those kind of ratings are elected for a second term, short of
a major FAIL Obama will be elected in 2012....take it to the bank!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 02:08 PM

464 posts, read 1,111,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
If outliers are going to be used, then they cut both ways. Two can play that game...

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Enjoy.
Yay! I'm so happy! Thank you Obama for expanding our misguided foreign wars rather than dismantling the American Empire. Thank you Obama for expanding our budget deficit to levels of insanity, which will only hasten our nations demise. Thank you Obama for making asses out of all Democrats, just like Bush made asses out of all Republicans. Meanwhile, the same agenda Bush pursued is now being followed by Obama. Yay!

Yay! 52% of the country are complete imbeciles, the other 48% are probably Republican imbeciles! Yay!

So much to enjoy in todays America. So much to be thankful for. Yay! Yay! Yay! I can't wait to see what Obama's next "change I can believe in" will be!!!!!!! Yay! Yay! I'm just so happy that we're $14,000,000,000,000 in debt, with more bailouts to come. I'm just so happy that our oil in Iraq is secured enough so that we can move our troops to Afganistan, so China will know who is boss. I'm just so happy that the Patriot Act was extended, because now that Obama is in office, it's not a bad thing. I'm just so happy that Bush's recession is finally over!!! Yay!!!

Old 05-26-2010, 08:32 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,702,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Reagan and Truman are no longer president.

A big difference between Reagan and Obama- Reagan implemented economic policy to improve the economy, while Obama clings to policies to impair growth. I am afraid that things will only get worse for Barry, while they markedly improved for Reagan.
...and yet the economy continues to steadily grow and create jobs and expand housing and reduce unemployment in cities all over the country...

As much as you might want to believe Obama's tanking our economy, he isn't. And if you're going to come back with, "You just wait 5 years until...", keep in mind that your ideology has been predicting doom and failure since before Obama was elected, and none of it has come true yet.

Reagan's opponents said the same of him - his policies would fail. Well, they didn't because we needed his policies at that point. Now we need Obama's. Don't make the same mistake the Dems did in 1982, especially when the economy is growing by leaps and bounds, with much of it attributed to Obama's policies (and Bush's stimulus efforts at the end).

Old 05-26-2010, 08:34 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,702,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTown11 View Post
Yay! I'm so happy! Thank you Obama for expanding our misguided foreign wars rather than dismantling the American Empire. Thank you Obama for expanding our budget deficit to levels of insanity, which will only hasten our nations demise. Thank you Obama for making asses out of all Democrats, just like Bush made asses out of all Republicans. Meanwhile, the same agenda Bush pursued is now being followed by Obama. Yay!

Yay! 52% of the country are complete imbeciles, the other 48% are probably Republican imbeciles! Yay!

So much to enjoy in todays America. So much to be thankful for. Yay! Yay! Yay! I can't wait to see what Obama's next "change I can believe in" will be!!!!!!! Yay! Yay! I'm just so happy that we're $14,000,000,000,000 in debt, with more bailouts to come. I'm just so happy that our oil in Iraq is secured enough so that we can move our troops to Afganistan, so China will know who is boss. I'm just so happy that the Patriot Act was extended, because now that Obama is in office, it's not a bad thing. I'm just so happy that Bush's recession is finally over!!! Yay!!!

Obama added very little to the overall debt, and no one (especially Obama) thinks it's sustainable.

But we were in a crisis and economists agree that Obama's policies pulled us back from collapsing into a depression. That takes spending money we don't have.

Next important step is to start getting the deficit and debt under control. Obama promised he would and the time's coming in the next year to make good on it if this recovery is going to stick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies