Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 08:45 PM

1,089 posts, read 655,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I could have sworn just a couple months ago we were at $12 Trillion.

National Debt Soars Past $13 Trillion - ABC News

And that doesn't even include the $2.5 Trillion of obamacare.
You must realize that much of our debt is automatic from previous administrations. For example Bush's Medicare Part "D" adds to the debt. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan also add to the debt. Quit blaming Obama.

Edit: I forgot to say that the interest on our debt also adds to the debt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 08:46 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
You must realize that much of our debt is automatic from previous adminstrations. For example Bush's Medicare Part "D" adds to the debt. The wars in Iraq and Afganistan also add to the debt. Quit blaming Obama.
We're sorry. Obama's perfect.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:48 PM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
I must have missed the part where Obama says to congress and the taxpayers, "Bush left us deeply in debt, so were going to have to cool it for awhile"

Old 05-26-2010, 08:49 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times
In the words of Obama, "let me be clear"....(but dont worry, im not Obama so I am not lying right to your face when I say that), this debt is unsustainable. And to you geniuses who think that Obama's plan to keep spending and absolutely wasting money we dont have is going to fix things, you're beyond naive and ignorant. The long term implications for what Obama is doing are going to be very, very bad. Anyone with a little common sense should be able to see that.

Liberals also seem to think, "hey, will just tax the rich more", like that is going to make things better and pay off the debt. Your dumb. Im not rich, but I know very well what the consequences of large increases of taxes on the rich. Less jobs, little growing of our economy, and it will hurt all businesses. Obama and co have already figured out that they will have to do more than tax the rich. So I think all the rest of us know we are to expect new taxes on things, and higher taxes on already existing taxes. That isnt a lie, you know its going to happen.

We had a man who said under his plan, energy prices will sky rocket. And you people continue to stand by this guy....

Old 05-26-2010, 09:07 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
13 Trillion?

Doesn't surprise me at all !!!

Cleaning up the economic mess left behind by George W. Bush was going to be EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE ... for any president !!!

Bush may be gone ... but the damage he left behind will take MANY YEARS to undo.

Intersting logic, fix the deficit by spending more......

Old 05-26-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Bush put to wars on the Government's Debit card and didn't make any payments. This is his f'up we're dealing with.

This reminds me of the time my wife ran up our credit cards, you know how I fixed it? I ran up 4 times the bill she did. If didn't work. I can't figure out why?

Old 05-26-2010, 09:16 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
13 Trillion?

Doesn't surprise me at all !!!

Cleaning up the economic mess left behind by George W. Bush was going to be EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE ... for any president !!!

Bush may be gone ... but the damage he left behind will take MANY YEARS to undo.
The democrats, who have been in control of congress since 2007, have increased the debt by 40%.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:19 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Something else to watch out for over the next two years. FHA (government) is handling a large portion of mortgages now. Some "experts" have said they could be heading toward "needing" a bailout soon. And I wonder how many loans are given to people who still cant afford them?
Between Fannie, Freddie and FHA, the government owns 95% of mortgages.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:22 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Intersting logic, fix the deficit by spending more......
The main problem in Jan 2009 WASN'T the deficit.

It was the state of the ECONOMY as left behind by George W. Bush.

And the economy in Jan 2009 was bordering on another Great Depression.

It was bankruptcies, foreclosures, job losses, and a rapidly declining stock market.

And fixing the ENORMOUS ECONOMIC DISASTER left by George W. Bush added A LOT to the National Debt.

Just like the Energizer Bunny ... the damage created by George W. Bush just keeps going and going and going ...

Old 05-26-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
The main problem in Jan 2009 WASN'T the deficit.

It was the state of the ECONOMY as left behind by George W. Bush.

And the economy in Jan 2009 was bordering on another Great Depression.

And fixing the disaster left by George W. Bush added A LOT to the National Debt.

Just like the Energizer Bunny ... the damage created by George W. Bush just keeps going and going and going ...

No the main problem was the banking collapse caused by the lending of money to people who had no business receiving the money. Thanks to the CRA. The problem was compounded by bailing out the banks, car companies, Fannie and Freddie.

If you think Obama fixed the economy. I think the 10% of unemployed Americans may disagree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies