Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 05:30 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,253 times

Advertisements

Always liked Joe Satriani's guitar playing. Will still listen to him. Can really care less about his politics. Never watched any of Michael Moore's movies and never will. Always been able to think for myself and have a lot of common sense and he just does not fit into that equation.

I think it's great that Az is finally enforcing a law we already have on the books. And my gut feeling is many more states will follow suit. It's just the beginning of something long over due.

And I believe Az will be just fine and will come out ahead in the end. States can no longer afford to take care of everyone's needs. We all need to take care of ourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 06:47 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Your comedy bone is broken, you gotta go to the Doctor.

So which one of these losers do you view as a comedic genius?

Old 05-27-2010, 08:10 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
I am not talking about the quality and integrity of these public figures, I am simply speaking to the fact that they do have influence.

These forums bear this fact out on a minute-to-minute basis. People are constantly propping up these people or trying to tear them down. The fact that people even talk about them at all is ample evidence that they have influence. Obviously, you're more like me, if only in that you're not very impressed by hand-waving polemics. Sadly though, I think the appetite for polemics is increasing at a rapid pace, and that's not limited to any particular ideology, not by any means, as you alluded to.
You can not think that the majority of American is represented here on CD do you? Come on you know better then that. One main problem with what these actors are doing is forgetting that the majority of the country AGREE with the AZ law. I doubt any middle of the road people that may like one of these stars will think what they are doing is right. In an effort where the majority of the country would agree with the actors I would say sure they have more power but in this case, no. People are very passionate about this issue so an actor saying they are against it will not change what people, even people that may like them think.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:15 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
Musicians who rely too much on others to tell them the truth, being led astray, so sad.

Whenever i see this crap, i know its out of ignorance, from not having read the law.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:20 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,498,236 times
Very disappointed in Joe Satriani. Perhaps he's trying to sell more music to easily-swayed young people.

Of course a vastly superior guitarist supports the Conservative Party in the UK, go figure...

Old 05-27-2010, 08:20 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
They do have power. The fact you and I are talking about them proves it.

It's not the end of the world to admit that people with a lot of money and strong social networks have more pull than I do. It's not admitting that they are better or smarter -- just that they do in fact wield a bit of influence, be they lefty, righty, or centrist. Fact. Did Heston have no power?

You may deny it all you like. I'll be over here in a place called reality, should you ever feel like visiting.
Well there is power and then there is POWER. Heston had POWER, none of these pretenders could hold a candle to Heston who was a true ICON to a generation.

Reality is relative, just like opinions...

Old 05-27-2010, 09:26 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
They should use their energy and time boycotting illegal aliens. Those are the ones who are the law breakers.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:13 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
Very disappointed in Joe Satriani. Perhaps he's trying to sell more music to easily-swayed young people.

Of course a vastly superior guitarist supports the Conservative Party in the UK, go figure...
Jimmy Page and Bryan Ferry support the Tories.

Clapton probably finds the Tories to be "too liberal". I think he's UK Independence Party or Veritas.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:02 AM

11 posts, read 8,202 times
They are all far left loons!!!!!!!

Old 05-28-2010, 06:52 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Will they hold their breath and stamp their feet if Arizona doesn't repeal this law? Do any of these people actually reside in Arizona?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies