Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2010, 11:02 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,241,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
She didn't "lie." She was expressing in abbreviated form the reason for her outrage at the nasty namecalling by the Left.
Lol! Whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 05:29 AM

1,476 posts, read 2,029,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
He never fought in the war....
He "worked" in a weapons plant. If you follow the chain of someone MAKING the weapons that the military uses to FIGHT in the war...What she said is clearly NOT a lie. Its an abbreviated explanation. The point is that she is definitely NOT Hitler's daughter or whatever nasty expression was slapped at her by the Lefties. She, as well as her deceased Father are/were very anti-Hitler. I think her father would be very proud of her for standing up for her country and the freedoms that the Left are trying to destroy.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:47 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,362,633 times
Quote:
He "worked" in a weapons plant. If you follow the chain of someone MAKING the weapons that the military uses to FIGHT in the war...What she said is clearly NOT a lie. Its an abbreviated explanation.
That's rich!

Old 06-03-2010, 08:57 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,955,123 times
Quote:
He "worked" in a weapons plant. If you follow the chain of someone MAKING the weapons that the military uses to FIGHT in the war...What she said is clearly NOT a lie. Its an abbreviated explanation. The point is that she is definitely NOT Hitler's daughter or whatever nasty expression was slapped at her by the Lefties. She, as well as her deceased Father are/were very anti-Hitler. I think her father would be very proud of her for standing up for her country and the
Quote:
freedoms that the Left are trying to destroy
What freedoms are those?

Old 06-03-2010, 09:05 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,362,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
What freedoms are those?
Don't you find it tough to argue with people who use bumper stickers as their reference.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:05 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,738,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Barack, how can someone who is supposedly so smart, can be so wrong about family history. These are not mistakes about inconsequential details. What else are you lying about?

(Campaign promises aside; as Pelosi said, every politician makes promises they don't intend to keep.)

Old 06-03-2010, 09:06 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,240,839 times
My mother was a Rosie The Riveter and my dad worked in the same aircraft plant she did....both of them thought of themselves as "war workers", doing their part for the "war effort". As children, my sisters and I collected newspapers, tin cans and any scrap iron we could find. We hauled these to school in a wagon and turned them--all because it was for "fighting the war". We made posters in school encouraging people to "buy war bonds" that were placed in local businesses. Everyone was mobilized to "fight the Nazis" and/or "the Japs". We drew pictures of American airplanes shooting down aircraft that had swastikas or the rising sun on them. Everyone I knew thought of themselves as "helping to fight the Nazis and Japs". To minimize the contribution of Jan Brewer's father for working in a munitions plant is a disservice to him and to all of the other people on the "home front" (yes, that's what we called it) who were doing what they could to serve their country in a time of war.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:14 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,955,123 times
My understanding is that no one has minimized contributions of her father. If I’ve heard all this correctly; it was she who brought her father into the public view and she embellished the story in the original content that she provided.

Personally I have no idea why her father is part of any news story to begin with, I’m only interested in what she is doing in public office for the people of the state. After that her life is her business.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:14 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,684,226 times
Don't forget that the "Great Communicator" himself, Ronald Reagan, "fought" in World War II at that hotbed of military action, the back lot of Hollywood movie studios. His wartime activity made Governor Brewer's statement pale by comparison.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:25 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,738,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
My mother was a Rosie The Riveter and my dad worked in the same aircraft plant she did....both of them thought of themselves as "war workers", doing their part for the "war effort". As children, my sisters and I collected newspapers, tin cans and any scrap iron we could find. We hauled these to school in a wagon and turned them--all because it was for "fighting the war". We made posters in school encouraging people to "buy war bonds" that were placed in local businesses. Everyone was mobilized to "fight the Nazis" and/or "the Japs". We drew pictures of American airplanes shooting down aircraft that had swastikas or the rising sun on them. Everyone I knew thought of themselves as "helping to fight the Nazis and Japs". To minimize the contribution of Jan Brewer's father for working in a munitions plant is a disservice to him and to all of the other people on the "home front" (yes, that's what we called it) who were doing what they could to serve their country in a time of war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies