Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 09:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,337,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Under a Democrat controlled Congress. Presidents, as anyone who has read the US Constitution knows, do not introduce legislation.
Have you read Article I, Section 7, Clause 2 yet so you can learn about what the document says about passage of a bill. You really need to get that done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 10:13 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,497,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
As long as Nasty Nancy is the head of the House, it is not dead. They passed it so it is never dead to them. What better way to shut up people like me?
Until it is reintroduced again in the 111th Congress, it is dead. It requires both houses of Congress to enact a law. A bill passed in the House and never reaching the Senate floor for a vote is dead, deceased, extinct, gone, kicked the bucket, pushing up daisies, toast, finished, kaput!

If the bill is reintroduced in the current Session of Congress, then you may have something to complain about. But until that happens, you are whistling in the wind, tilting at windmills, fighting imaginary foes.

Trust me, there is plenty to complain about that Congress has actually done, without having to waste your time worrying about a bill that does not exist.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:18 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,497,383 times
Quote:
Have you read Article I, Section 7, Clause 2 yet so you can learn about what the document says about passage of a bill. You really need to get that done.
Are you referring to the part where legislation passed by Congress becomes law automatically after 10 calendar days (excluding Sundays) while Congress is in session? No Presidential signature is required.

Or were you referring to the part where it says both houses of Congress must pass the legislation before a bill can become law? Something this bill failed to do in the 110th Session of Congress.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:35 PM

22,218 posts, read 19,526,196 times
Quote:
As long as Nasty Nancy is the head of the House, it is not dead. They passed it so it is never dead to them. What better way to shut up people like me?
The bill passed 404-6....

Old 06-03-2010, 04:29 PM

470 posts, read 1,157,192 times
Quote:
Surely since the administration wants to close down Gitmo they could house several there and some of the other closed prisons could be repaired to house a few more of us when they come after us.
Riiight.
Use a foreign prison to hold American citizens.
That would go over well...NOT.

The story is ridiculous.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:14 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,805,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
It's a sad day when some conservatives hate the American President so much that they'll readily slurp up Russian propaganda. Traitors.
I know Frozenyo! Hate him so much you would throw away common logic.

Hey, you ever say, I know I hate POTUS. but those are stupid idiotic stories.

You guys say, I knew he was cheating on the "first lady". That dirty bastrd is sexing Big Foot's wife. IToldYou.com reported it.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:20 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,900,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLRGHOST View Post
I am sure I could but ya know yall complain to much when I post fox news stuff.

I bet it will those evil christians clinging to their guns and religian . He warned us but our idiot parentless self loathing slave owning kids voted for his ass anyway !

Old 06-03-2010, 05:22 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,009,290 times
Yeah great joke.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:26 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,900,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
It's a sad day when some conservatives hate the American President so much that they'll readily slurp up Russian propaganda. Traitors.

We have a lot more reason to dislike him ' than you did to vote for the illegal loving , terrorist supporting'Ayers,Wright ' liberal military destroying rumored foreinger ' .

Old 06-03-2010, 05:39 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,934,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLRGHOST View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
This bill HR1955 was produced during the Bush years. (if those dates are correct) It looks like a dead bill!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Under a Democrat controlled Congress. Presidents, as anyone who has read the US Constitution knows, do not introduce legislation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch;
The bill died in the 110th Congress and has not been reintroduced in the 111th Congress. So the bill no longer exists.

My point was/is how can it be a Obama Law? When it was during the Bush years?

Bush would have jailed 500,000 Americans This is what we get with having "bad" links posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies