Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In general, same-sex relationships are:
Morally acceptable 80 71.43%
Morally wrong 29 25.89%
Not sure 3 2.68%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 03:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

GOP has no monopoly at being bothered by people -any people- groping each other in public and going off on you about the details of their sex life. get a room please. its not about skin tone its not about sexual orientation its about behavior. why is that so hard to grasp?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 04:16 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
In name only. The basic principles of trying to force Christian values on everyone is still alive and well.

Then why are gay people still attacked for being gay? And it's not as if that's few and far between. It happens a lot.

They most certainly do. They just want to be left alone as equals with everyone else.

Why should someone have to move from their home because of who they love? That's ridiculous.

And again, proving the point that gay people certainly aren't being "left alone".

So the courts are finally reversing the vast array of discrimination against gay people?

I love how you act like that's a bad thing.

The government has no place in marriage, the bedroom, private lives, whatever. It's sad that gay people have to struggle so much for legislation to simply put them on equal footing with everyone else. And we still aren't there.

Welcome to the 21st century, indeed.

So because they are being served rotting, stinking meat instead of pure ****, they should smile and be happy?
All of your posts have a poor-me-everybody-hates-me-whiner-butt tone to them. This one is no different. If you cannot see the tremendous strides gays have made in the past 30 years toward acceptance of their way of life, your head must be buried somewhere. I said this before but since you didn't get it then, I'll repeat it for you. In some states gays can legally marry. Many corporations give full benefits to spouses of gays. Outside of military service, gays no longer have to hide their sexual orientation. (Repeal of DADT is likely.) In some jurisdictions, sexual orientation is a protected class. A straight woman or an elderly person is far more likely to be attacked (because they are unable to easily defend themselves) than a gay person is for being gay. A white guy in the wrong black neighborhood at the wrong time is also more likely to be attacked for being white than a gay is for being gay. There is no large scale, even remotely successful group or movement that wants to impose their "Christian values" on the rest of society. Fundamentalist Christians are only a small percentage of Christianity as a whole but atheists and their brethren see them as an important threat. (They aren't. They have no power.)

So I say it again and this is my lost post. Stop whining and grow up.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:24 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
Scratching, and sniffing should be private. Gay, straight, or somewhere in between. No one wants to hear what you/ I/ who/what did last night in graphic detail.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:27 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,790 times
Republicans still say they're morally wrong.

Has anyone ever doubted this?

Old 06-05-2010, 04:28 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Americans' Acceptance of Gay Relations Crosses 50% Threshold

61% of Democrats and 61% of Independents say gay relationships are morally acceptable; only 35% of Republicans agree.

I'm one of the 35%
If your gay or heterosexual its YOUR business and NON OF MINE.
I'm also pro choice.
(I'm a republican conservative)

Old 06-05-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
I'm one of the 35%
If your gay or heterosexual its YOUR business and NON OF MINE.
I'm also pro choice.
(I'm a republican conservative)
I with you here on both counts. The only sexual orientation I have any problem with is pedophilia.

No one wants to talk about the 39% of Democrats who say it is morally wrong. So Democrats have nothing to crow about. It's a pot-meet-kettle situation.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:05 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,425,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
All of your posts have a poor-me-everybody-hates-me-whiner-butt tone to them. This one is no different. If you cannot see the tremendous strides gays have made in the past 30 years toward acceptance of their way of life, your head must be buried somewhere.
I can certainly see it. But that doesn't mean they need to stop trying simply because it's not as bad as it was.

Should black people have just been happy with the Jim Crow laws since it wasn't outright slavery?

Quote:
I said this before but since you didn't get it then, I'll repeat it for you. In some states gays can legally marry.
In some states? Oh, thanks massa. So because some states have given up discrimination like that, that's enough and they should just be happy? How about all states?

Quote:
Many corporations give full benefits to spouses of gays.
Again, so what? Many is not all, meaning there is still systematic discrimination.

Quote:
Outside of military service, gays no longer have to hide their sexual orientation. (Repeal of DADT is likely.)
They don't? Then why are so many afraid to come out of the closet?

Quote:
In some jurisdictions, sexual orientation is a protected class.
Quote:
A straight woman or an elderly person is far more likely to be attacked (because they are unable to easily defend themselves) than a gay person is for being gay.
For money or possessions. Not simply because they are old. Gay people are attacked for being who they are.

Quote:
A white guy in the wrong black neighborhood at the wrong time is also more likely to be attacked for being white than a gay is for being gay.
How about a gay guy in a redneck neighborhood? How about a Puerto Rican in a Haitian neighborhood?

A guy waving a gun is more likely to be attacked by cops than a guy who isn't.

Quote:
There is no large scale, even remotely successful group or movement that wants to impose their "Christian values" on the rest of society. Fundamentalist Christians are only a small percentage of Christianity as a whole but atheists and their brethren see them as an important threat. (They aren't. They have no power.)
You do understand the concept of the "Religious Right", correct? Focus On The Family? Sarah Palin?

Pretty successful people / organizations that diametrically oppose gay rights.

Quote:
So I say it again and this is my lost post. Stop whining and grow up.
I do find it highly amusing that you take my pointing out grievous errors in your position as whining and tell me I need to "grow up" because gays are still treated as second-class citizens.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:09 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
A guy waving a gun is more likely to be attacked by cops than a guy who isn't.
You might want to step back and think about what YOU just said for awhile.

I'll help you out a bit. If a guy is walking down the street with his gun neatly tucked away and isn't threatening anyone, the cops will likely leave him be. Yes cops are very aware of who is and isn't carrying because all concealed weapons show in some way or anther. The average cop can spot a concealed weapon quite easily. When the guy starts waving it in peoples faces, even the most tolerant will react.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:15 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
can't discuss morals with regard to a same sex relationship because it's in opposition to morality.

a homosexual is free to do whatever they want. who cares. don't put it in the same category with morality.

only heterosexual couples are moral.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
You might want to step back and think about what YOU just said for awhile.

I'll help you out a bit. If a guy is walking down the street with his gun neatly tucked away and isn't threatening anyone, the cops will likely leave him be. Yes cops are very aware of who is and isn't carrying because all concealed weapons show in some way or anther. The average cop can spot a concealed weapon quite easily. When the guy starts waving it in peoples faces, even the most tolerant will react.

I had wondered about this as it always seemed to me that a concealed weapon would show to the trained eye. Cops have a good eye for things like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies