Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 12:59 AM

1,179 posts, read 975,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
WASHINGTON – Secret Service officers have subdued two men who refused to get out of the street as President Barack Obama's motorcade was returning to the White House. Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan says Obama was returning Thursday night from a school event for one of his daughters when the men refused to move out of the way of the presidential motorcade. A uniformed Secret Service officer was seen lying on top of one man and another officer wrestled with the second man.
Officers subdue 2 men near Obama's motorcade - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100604/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_motorcade_arrests - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 01:14 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Default Secret Service take down a couple of crazies near Obama's motorcade

Motorcade?

Maybe the dudes didn't know what kind of "cade" they were blocking.

There's all kinds of cades, and there are rades, too.

facade |fəˈsäd| (also fa-çade)
noun
the face of a building, esp. the principal front that looks onto a street or open space.
• figurative an outward appearance that is maintained to conceal a less pleasant or creditable reality : her flawless public facade masked private despair.
ORIGIN mid 17th cent.: from French façade, from face ‘face,’ on the pattern of Italian facciata.

Thesaurus
facade
noun
1 a vinyl-sided facade front, frontage, face, elevation, exterior, outside.
2 a facade of bonhomie show, front, appearance, pretense, simulation, affectation, semblance, illusion, act, masquerade, charade, mask, cloak, veil, veneer.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:10 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
You call them crazies. I call them heros. This Obama is the least respected president in US history.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:16 AM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,970 times
Two more candidates for this years Darwin Award.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:25 AM

220 posts, read 222,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
You call them crazies. I call them heros. This Obama is the least respected president in US history.
and i suppose they'd be heroes if they shot and killed him, huh?

Dont worry, you dont have to answer that. We know the answer.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:43 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner71 View Post

Please do not assume that those of us who are not fans of Obama, would like to see him DEAD, i don't think this is the case, we may not like him, his policies, the way he handles his business in D.C. but to say that you feel someone you do not know personally, wants our President dead, to me is very serious!

Old 06-04-2010, 12:24 PM

220 posts, read 222,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Please do not assume that those of us who are not fans of Obama, would like to see him DEAD, i don't think this is the case, we may not like him, his policies, the way he handles his business in D.C. but to say that you feel someone you do not know personally, wants our President dead, to me is very serious!

From some of the posts i've seen here at CD and "foxnation", I will assume correctly. And no, i didnt say ALL. I was replying to another user.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:

Oh behave. Of course, I wish no ill to him or to his family. My only hopes are that he gets voted out of office in 2012.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
A voice of reason. Thanks for explaining and defending.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:48 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
From some of the posts i've seen here at CD and "foxnation", I will assume correctly. And no, i didnt say ALL. I was replying to another user.
No you do not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies