Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2010, 09:30 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,258,578 times

Advertisements

Moveon.Org is callling for vigils tonight.

MoveOn.org Political Action
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 10:24 AM

1,436 posts, read 3,303,648 times
Did you get rid of your car and start using your bike for transpo yet ? How about everything else that is derived from oil that is in your life ? Throw it out yet ?

When you do you can start your own "vigil"...... let everyone know !

Old 06-08-2010, 11:06 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,258,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
Did you get rid of your car and start using your bike for transpo yet ? How about everything else that is derived from oil that is in your life ? Throw it out yet ?

My husband and I spend about $25/month on gas. We have one car - a Prius. I don't ride, I walk. Burns more calories, too.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:28 AM

1,436 posts, read 3,303,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
My husband and I spend about $25/month on gas. We have one car - a Prius. I don't ride, I walk. Burns more calories, too.
Glad to hear that. Keep up the good work.....

I find it ironic though how so many in the world protest the use of oil so deeply but don't realize that there is not ONE SINGLE ITEM in their life that did not come into possession from the existence of oil in that everything is either produced by the energy created from it, delivered via the use of it, or produced from byproducts from it or any combination of these. And I mean everything...... I can't think of one thing myself that isn't in one way or another !

Unless one is willing to get rid of ALL worldly possession and live under a lean-too made of branches and use a caveman type hatchet made of a stone and a stick tied together and nothing more, and use a giant leaf to cover themselves...... they're just hypocrites and have no business protesting the use of oil period !

Old 06-08-2010, 11:32 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,430,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post

But don't you dare grease that chain. And I hope the bike was never actually "manufactured" anywhere, and just sort of appeared out of thin air, because that would have involved oil too!

What exactly are they protesting anyway? Oil spills? Because so many people love them? Or oil in general?

Hope their signs aren't made out of paper that was manufactured.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:33 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,212,851 times
All part of the long-term plan to move us away from use of oil and advance the "green agenda".

Maybe those looney enviro-whacks who were crying over trees awhile back will come out and give us another show.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:35 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,065,829 times
Dang...I wonder if they know all those candles the'll light at the vigils are made from......you guessed it......OIL!!!

Dang...and how am I going to get to the vigil? The nearest one is 75 miles from here, too far to walk. I guess I could get in my CAR with RUBBER tires and drive all the way there on the ASPHALT highways....but that seems counterproductive to the movement
Quote:
to demand an end to our dependence on oil,

So, I'll stay home and make some brownies. I'll be using less energy and oil products than the nitwits who go to the vigil.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:57 PM

7,946 posts, read 9,160,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
She types on her computer made of plastic, powered by the burning of fossil fuels.

IMO the only creatures that have the right to protest the drilling for oil are the fish and sea creatures. Human protestors are hypocrits as oil is an integral part of their life.

Last edited by NSHL10; 06-08-2010 at 02:58 PM.. Reason: changed sentence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies