Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 07:17 AM

19 posts, read 87,112 times

Advertisements

We were there last week looking at condos etc. I am impressed with
Vero Beach and look forward to moving there. We are moving from
northern Michigan. I will be busy with my job but I am worrying about
my teenager, is there much to do there for teens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2007, 09:41 AM

28 posts, read 146,668 times
Default Vero

Vero is still pretty rural. There was a lot of new construction going on but some of that has stopped. If you look at the area around Oslo Rd you can find some new homes at good prices. it's still country there.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:12 AM

60 posts, read 107,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickle View Post
Vero is still pretty rural. There was a lot of new construction going on but some of that has stopped. If you look at the area around Oslo Rd you can find some new homes at good prices. it's still country there.

Vero is hardly rural. It was the Indian River Mall, The Outlets of Vero Beach, Best Buy, Circuit City and all the big box stores, the beach, a downtown, etc.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:57 AM

19 posts, read 87,112 times
Default Vero Beach, and comment to Vero

Vero: Thank you for your reply but I think you must has misunderstood my
post. I looked at condos last week and have no problem finding a place
to live, I was worried about relocating with my teen daughter, wondering
if there was much for her to do. I didnt get the impression that
Vero Beach was rural, just didn't see many young people. Thank you.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 4,980 times
Im 17 and live in Vero
the only things there are to do in Vero Beach are 'hang out' at the mall
or going to the beach
theres a putt putt golf place
but thats about it
Vero is pretty boring to be quite honest.

Old 12-28-2007, 03:56 PM

92 posts, read 468,205 times
Default vero

Vero has plenty of teens. They hang out at the mall and movies and each other's houses. They go to the beach on weekends and they have jobs-it's not a 90210 zip code, most teens have some sort of job. Boys still hunt and fish around here and girls hang out together and wait for them to finish hunting, get cleaned up and take them out to a movie. That's the Vero I was born in and still live in (with a sixteen yr. old.) Oh, and a lot of our teens are in a youth group on Wed. evening and sunday.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:37 AM

1 posts, read 4,905 times
have a teenage age daughter.Not much for kids to do in vero.If you want them to just hang out at the mall weekend after weekend.Vero isnt to exciting for kids.It has been referred to by some as Zero beach.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:21 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,661,013 times
Default It has been referred to by some as Zero beach.

I guess not much has changed. I lived there from 1958 - 1993 and back in the 50's & 60's, as kids we used the same nickname

Old 03-19-2009, 10:13 AM

1 posts, read 4,527 times
The best thing you can do for your daughter is to get her involved in a school activity that keeps her busy after school. I have 3 daughters and that seems to be the best way to keep them from mischief. Any school activity band, cheerleading, softball, tennis, golf, and all of the clubs they offer, you can usually find something.Other than school things there is not and never has been much to do here. But, it is still a great place to have a family and raise children.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:16 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times
I live in a gated community in Vero that has plenty of teens and they're all busy with sports or dance. They're all great kids, smart, respectful, and they look happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach