Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2013, 12:06 AM

217 posts, read 373,273 times

Advertisements

Long ago there used to be a wonderful Mexican place in Fort Pierce called Enriquo's—not the one that was on the east side of US 1 but the original place owned by a guy named Gene (a gringo but he provided great food nonetheless) located in a little plaza on the west side of US 1. After he sold to the people who eventually opened the bigger but less satisfying place across the street I was in mourning. Eventually we started going to a Pueblo Viejo location in PSL which is no longer there, and that wasn't bad, but I'm going back 10 years ago. I was gone from the area for about 5 years and when I returned I found after two visits that the Pueblo Viejo at Morningside Plaza on PSL Blvd just wasn't the same quality I remembered. So, any recommendations for good border cuisine?

We have always gone to the Chinese restaurant in Morningside Plaza on PSL Blvd which is called China Delight and has been there for many years altho' I'm not sure it's always been called by the same name. Since I've been back we've had takeout from there twice and found it disappointing, so I'm also looking for recommendations for a good Chinese place, take out and eat in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 03:20 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,800,205 times
Lol- watch out! People can get very aggressive on here when talking about restaurants!

I have been to both locations that you are talking about. I was told by a few that China Delight was awesome and that I needed to try it. I was pretty disappointed. The place is a dump and the food is not much better. I just pick up from our local area called China Delight or something like that. Had it last night actually

As for Mexican, we almost always go to one of the Pueblo Viejo's along PSL Blvd. Not great, but not bad either. Priced decent and normally can get in and out pretty fast.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:12 AM

138 posts, read 244,389 times
We tried a thai/Japanese restuarant off tradition parkway near the kilwins chocolate store. I can't recall the name but it was pretty good. Also tried the Chinese place at gatlin and psl, BAD!

Old 03-20-2013, 08:21 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,578,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeetheUSA View Post
Lol- watch out! People can get very aggressive on here when talking about restaurants!

I have been to both locations that you are talking about. I was told by a few that China Delight was awesome and that I needed to try it. I was pretty disappointed. The place is a dump and the food is not much better. I just pick up from our local area called China Delight or something like that. Had it last night actually

As for Mexican, we almost always go to one of the Pueblo Viejo's along PSL Blvd. Not great, but not bad either. Priced decent and normally can get in and out pretty fast.
. Yes, Pueblo Viejo on PSL blvd.

For Chinese food, Sky Dragon at Tradition is clean. The food is acceptable. Many friends love its flavor.

Unfortunately, for good Chinese food, you will have to go down south to West Palm Beach or north to Orlando.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:54 PM

107 posts, read 249,818 times
I so missed Enriquo's when we lived there. After it was sold it went down hill quick. Such a shame for an iconic establishment. Then it moved and became a part Mexican- part Italian place (Annabelle's), which was just ridiculous. I think I recall the original owner, Gene, saying he owned another place in Ohio. China Delight was our favorite go-to Chinese place too. If it's gone, that's a shame too. We couldn't find anything else that was great. I have been gone over ten years now, so I can't help you other than to be nostalgic. When we go back we had been eating at Red Ginger Asian Bistro, but last year it was closed. It's sad that a town that size can't support it's local restaurants. If you look on Yelp and Trip Advisor many of the top picks are chains
It is nice to see that the places I grew up eating at for seafood (Conchy Joes, and Chuck's) are still around.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:08 PM

266 posts, read 301,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailstothesea View Post
I so missed Enriquo's when we lived there. After it was sold it went down hill quick. Such a shame for an iconic establishment. Then it moved and became a part Mexican- part Italian place (Annabelle's), which was just ridiculous. I think I recall the original owner, Gene, saying he owned another place in Ohio. China Delight was our favorite go-to Chinese place too. If it's gone, that's a shame too. We couldn't find anything else that was great. I have been gone over ten years now, so I can't help you other than to be nostalgic. When we go back we had been eating at Red Ginger Asian Bistro, but last year it was closed. It's sad that a town that size can't support it's local restaurants. If you look on Yelp and Trip Advisor many of the top picks are chains
It is nice to see that the places I grew up eating at for seafood (Conchy Joes, and Chuck's) are still around.
I see you are in Asheville. I am in Greenville SC. I would give up body parts for a place like Conchy Joe's. I love it up here but there is no good seafood resturants or even fish markets in our area.Luckily I am going back to Stuart for a couple of weeks next month, and Conchy's is first om my list!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach