Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2017, 11:02 AM

2 posts, read 4,806 times

Advertisements

Is there a pet limit in Martin County? I think I saw limit of 5 in Port St Lucie, but couldn't find anything about Stuart. I have two dogs and two cats. I don't care about association limits because my cats are strictly indoors, so if there's a limit of two, that's fine. They'll never see my cats. Just wondering about the county rules.... Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 01:50 PM

217 posts, read 371,992 times
I couldn't find anything about Martin County pets either, except that they all have to be licensed. If you're planning on renting, your lease may specify how many of each, or if you buy in a specific development with a homeowners' association, it might have its own rules. I can't imagine that the county itself would have a problem with a resident owning 2 dogs and 2 cats.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:51 AM

34 posts, read 48,413 times
Hello! I'm a realtor in St Lucie and Martin County so I think I can help you out here. There is no county rules as to how many pets you can have as long as you are under the state maximum (which I believe is 4 dogs and 4 cats, not sure though). There will be restrictions if you go into a community though, most of them do not allow "aggressive breeds". Feel free to reach out to me via direct message and I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

Old 02-26-2017, 04:45 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,197,078 times
why not just call the Martin County courthouse and ASK THEM 722-288-5576 and get a REAL ANSWER

Old 03-16-2017, 01:30 PM

2 posts, read 4,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
why not just call the Martin County courthouse and ASK THEM 722-288-5576 and get a REAL ANSWER
I called Martin County Courthouse on two separate occasions last week. Both times the person who answered was completely unaware of a limit. Clueless. During first attempt, I asked to be transferred to someone who would have an answer, and she basically said she didn't even know who to transfer me to, so she won't. So much for calling Martin County Courthouse to find out the "REAL ANSWER"... (By the way - the are code should be 772; not 722). So basically, back to square one.

Old 03-16-2017, 01:57 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,197,078 times
well they write the rules.....not anyone here

Old 03-17-2017, 07:16 AM

201 posts, read 195,022 times
Hi Melissa333,
I think it's awesome you're trying to be proactive. Some people are just incompetent and if they don't know an answer they don't bother to research it and get back to you (regarding your call to the county). I'm thinking who would care or have to know this answer. I'm thinking the animal control people must know. Sometimes animal control is part of the police department but you want a sure answer not someone's opinion. Animal control should know and if the place you are moving doesn't now, call the county/town next door, they could likely know who in Martin County SHOULD know or is responsible for enforcement.

Another possibility is code enforcement/ animal welfare cruelty either city, county or state. Anyone responsible for stopping hoarders (people hoard animals as well as other things). I figure if someone determines who is an animal hoarder/ abuser that same person/ dept determines how many is too many. ASPCA may be of help or again at least know who is formally the one who decides. I quickly googled animal hoarding and found several counties/ cities in FL that address this. I'm NOT saying you're a hoarder of course, but just trying to think of who would be the point of contact. I'm sure you're way under the limit but having 3 dogs myself I can understand you want to be responsible.

NG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa333 View Post
Is there a pet limit in Martin County? I think I saw limit of 5 in Port St Lucie, but couldn't find anything about Stuart. I have two dogs and two cats. I don't care about association limits because my cats are strictly indoors, so if there's a limit of two, that's fine. They'll never see my cats. Just wondering about the county rules.... Thank you

Old 03-17-2017, 07:31 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,202,002 times
From Martin County Code: https://www.municode.com/library/fl/....206HOPEHOOTAN

3.206.B.
The keeping or boarding of common household pets is permitted in conjunction with a residential use provided that the following limits are not exceeded:
Four household pets per lot on lots of one-half acre or less;
Six household pets per lot on lots of one acre or less;
Ten household pets per lot on lots of more than one acre, or six per established dwelling unit, whichever is greater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
View detailed profiles of: