Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2011, 11:17 PM

22 posts, read 35,270 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Oregon In a few short months and was just wondering what is the better choice for TV Cable or Satelite. I like Satelite but I dont know if you all get a lot of service interuption due to the more rainy seasons than I am currently use to. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 09:30 AM

10,990 posts, read 20,578,079 times
We had sat on Bainbridge Island which has more storms than Portland. No problems but we had an unobstructed view to the sat. Your only issue may be tall trees. If I had my druthers my building would have sat service, not Comcast. That won't happen because many bundle their internet service with cable.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:16 AM

4,828 posts, read 7,459,010 times
Had Dishnetwork for years and only had one two minute instance of service interruption and it was due to a heavy snow flurry.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:04 PM

18 posts, read 37,346 times
Default Cable/Satellite ??

I work for Comcast. Let me get this straight!
Satellite in this area has better international line ups. Due to satellite!
This is where they have better service for international customers. I lose heaps of customers to this factor only!
Cable doesnt have reception issues due to weather. Although no ones perfect. As we all know.
When it comes to quality, channel line ups, cost. There are large amounts of differences between every company. Assuming you are in there coverage area.
All companies will generally have an initial promotion when you start and then go to full price after this period. Generally 1 year of good prices then full price.

Some tips;
1. Avoid contracts. So when price goes up you can negotiate! Or change to someone offering better price. They will always say you have to have a contract. You dont. I exclusively sell non contract. I know!
2. Dont be forced into triple plays just to get better price. Why pay $99-$129 for triple play. If you can get $69 for cable and internet. And you dont need a landline phone. This is what most people need. The sales team are trained to sell triple plays. They push this as the best when its generally not what people need. But brings in more money.
3. Get multiple quotes and use them to try and force sales people to give you the best. 'I heard of $69 for cable and internet for 12 months. Can you do that?'
4. You are the customer and you can go somewhere else. Price compare!
Install charges are negotiable. If you are a difficult/negotiating customer:>. They will generally give you more extras and less upfront costs. If you dont ask you dont get.

Good luck. You are welcome to email me if need more info.

shaarryland@hotmail.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: