Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2013, 11:38 PM

609 posts, read 808,642 times

Advertisements

One of my favorite things about living in Portland is the people watching and I am curious if anyone else has seen the marvelous woman I saw the other day.

I am dying to know who else has spotted this woman around NoPo?

I drive down Lombard on a daily basis and last week I was stopped at a red light, looking down as I flipped through the radio stations, and then I saw her. Coming towards me through the intersection was the longest, most classic, shining Jaguar (looked like a car the queen of England may have had in the 1950's). Behind the wheel was an incredibly glamorous older woman with huge, styled, bouffant, platinum blonde hair, red lipstick, dangly diamond earrings and necklace, and a sumptuous, black mink coat. The few seconds that she drove by seemed like minutes as I took in every fabulous aspect of this woman. She turned the corner and the vision was gone.

About a week later I saw her again on Lombard and she looked the same. My friends and I love old Hollywood and over the top glamour and nobody believes me about what I saw. She reminds me of a mix between Marlene Dietrich and Cruella Deville.

Has anyone else ever seen this fabulous woman in her Jag? I had never seen anything so utterfly glitzy and fabulous outside of an old Hollywood movie. Two things that you might be wondering: 1.) There was NOTHING ironic or hipster about the outfit. This woman has probably presented herself this way since the 30's. 2.) It was not Darcelle XV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 06:39 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,654,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric351982 View Post
One of my favorite things about living in Portland is the people watching and I am curious if anyone else has seen the marvelous woman I saw the other day.

I drive down Lombard on a daily basis and last week I was stopped at a red light, looking down as I flipped through the radio stations, and then I saw her. Coming towards me through the intersection was the longest, most classic, shining Jaguar (looked like a car the queen of England may have had in the 1950's). Behind the wheel was an incredibly glamorous older woman with huge, styled, bouffant, platinum blonde hair, red lipstick, dangly diamond earrings and necklace, and a sumptuous, black mink coat. The few seconds that she drove by seemed like minutes as I took in every fabulous aspect of this woman. She turned the corner and the vision was gone.

About a week later I saw her again on Lombard and she looked the same. My friends and I love old Hollywood and over the top glamour and nobody believes me about what I saw. She reminds me of a mix between Marlene Dietrich and Cruella Deville.

Has anyone else ever seen this fabulous woman in her Jag? I had never seen anything so utterfly glitzy and fabulous outside of an old Hollywood movie. Two things that you might be wondering: 1.) There was NOTHING ironic or hipster about the outfit. This woman has probably presented herself this way since the 30's. 2.) It was not Darcelle XV.

Are you absolutely sure it was not a dude? Over the top spells out drag queen to me. I would get a kick out of it either way.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:16 PM

293 posts, read 909,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric351982 View Post

I saw a woman who fits your description perfectly except she was wearing pink lipstick. Probably a different woman.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:28 PM

609 posts, read 808,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garxhap View Post
I saw a woman who fits your description perfectly except she was wearing pink lipstick. Probably a different woman.
Hey Garxhap,
Did you really see her? The Jaguar and all? I apologize for such detail. I was just so taken with her. So I wasn't just imagining it. The things you'll see in Portland, I love it.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:02 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
I once saw a guy driving a car with big rims with a custom green paint job that said "Hulk Smash" and when the guy drove by, this drunk hipster walking down the N Williams St almost fell over from laughing so hard.

I have also seen a video of a random guy riding a unicycle, playing the accordion, while wearing a Santa costume and it wasn't anywhere near Christmas or Halloween....then I ended up seeing him in real life a couple weeks later.

I always enjoyed the most random things I would see in Portland to the point you would have to try really hard to get a rise out of me.

Old 12-18-2013, 12:03 AM

892 posts, read 2,392,936 times
I'm gonna bet she lives across Lake Oswego, and there's a green light at the end of the pier behind her house.

Old 12-18-2013, 12:06 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,543,983 times
Mariko Locke. Legendary insurance agent.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mari...2F%3B200%3B245

Old 12-18-2013, 09:29 AM

478 posts, read 882,100 times
Haven't seen that one. I do see this one all the time

It's apparently driven by Extremo the Clown. Portland Art Cars to be Featured on IFC's Portlandia [Photo Gallery] | Neighborhood Notes

Old 12-18-2013, 11:49 AM

2,430 posts, read 6,631,183 times
The above guy paints window displays.

Old 12-19-2013, 04:55 PM

846 posts, read 610,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidlo View Post
Are you absolutely sure it was not a dude? Over the top spells out drag queen to me. I would get a kick out of it either way.
Yeah, that's Marvin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland