Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 10:14 AM

3,928 posts, read 4,909,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwoody View Post
I was hoping it was just temporary, but it appears not to be the case. I didn't have anything to add to the thread, but I did appreciate some the information provided by you and others that attended. Perhaps a senior Mod can be queried.
Looks like censorship. Positive womens' voices being "closed down" sounds like censorship. The reason we marched. Women's voices will be heard. I have been posting here for six years so I am not a troll. Let's see what the mods have to say. I benchmarked other city data forums with the same thread so it can't be a city data forum policy.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:44 AM

4,828 posts, read 7,455,954 times
I also noticed that the protest that was indeed "peaceful" had it's thread shut down, but the protest that was "violent" is still going.

Maybe the mods thought that it was too political, but IMHO, If the the Women's March thread was shut down, this one also should have been.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:58 AM

3,928 posts, read 4,909,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
I also noticed that the protest that was indeed "peaceful" had it's thread shut down, but the protest that was "violent" is still going.

Maybe the mods thought that it was too political, but IMHO, If the the Women's March thread was shut down, this one also should have been.
Right?! And also why should we keep perpetuating the myth that Portland Police and it's residents cannot work together? I witnessed with my own eyes and HEART the greatness of our public servants. It was real and I was moved. The Portland Police and the mayor seem to be reaching out to us. Let's keep sharing the positive as well as the negative. This thread is very negative with its title anyway. And I repeat... I saw some of the hoodie anarchists lurking around but they were so outnumbered and nobody was going to let them hijack our message of peace. The men that marched were amazing. Why are voices of reason being squashed?

Old 01-23-2017, 11:19 AM

3,296 posts, read 9,690,487 times
This threads sole purpose was to stir the pot, therefore it is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland