Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 07:17 PM

18 posts, read 31,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdrifter View Post
Slang from Northern California... I sure know a lot of people in and from Northern California and none of them speak Ebonics or talk like that.... And I thought it was just the Los Angeles school district that was teaching kids codeswitching: "This is how you speak at home and that's okay, but this is how you speak in the real world."
I was born and raised in tha real world northern Cali located in tha u.s.a blame tha white man for alowin schools to teach thizz way of speach not me c how corrupt tha system iz they allow **** to take place then talk down on it later like tha war in Iraq u yo self was prob all 4 it but when cats started dieing and peoples kids got hurt ery one and they mom wanted them home it's life except it you don't like my slang don't talk to me bottom line just like you don't wanna die or see a luv one die don't sendem off to war
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Yeah, man--Beaverton is really rough isn't it...

And seeing your screen name--what's up with the San Jose Sharks this season--kind off to weak start, eh? Are they going to trade Setoguchi?
Yea they still a good team about tha trade not sure I do know they shoulda kept cheechu number 14

Old 11-24-2010, 07:52 PM

970 posts, read 2,968,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjosharkstero View Post
I was born and raised in tha real world northern Cali located in tha u.s.a blame tha white man for alowin schools to teach thizz way of speach not me c how corrupt tha system iz they allow **** to take place then talk down on it later like tha war in Iraq u yo self was prob all 4 it but when cats started dieing and peoples kids got hurt ery one and they mom wanted them home it's life except it you don't like my slang don't talk to me bottom line just like you don't wanna die or see a luv one die don't sendem off to war

Old 11-24-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I believe that it states in the TOS here that only English is to be used on this forum.

http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
I know that where I'm from cats get killed for getting involed in thangs that don't pertain to them ya digg. I went through thizz **** b 4 as an addolescent in y-a, they tryed to tell me how to walk, talk,stand and then some.staff would frown on me cuzz I wasn't like the average Oregonian "oh yeah" I'm from California. yet like I told the staff back then "**** you" I am how I am and thizz izz towards you now "metlakatla" thanks for inspirein me to be more unlike you but to become more experiance at who iam today

Old 11-24-2010, 10:32 PM

You see how focussed you white folks are about Hispanic gangs we are factors in yo lives while y'all continue to be actors in ours playin the roll to like us in tha physical form yet dispise us in when we ain't pressant

Old 12-17-2010, 03:46 PM

5 posts, read 28,252 times
Ye Gods, who is Joe Whitey?

This is why gang anctivity in PDX is cause for reasonable concern. Historically, gangs do not just shoot other gangs. There is a range of violent activity and it varies depending on how entrenched the gang is, the member is, and the turf is. It also depends what's on the menu on any given night. Tweetmenot has lived in gang neighborhoods, and affluent neighborhoods, on both coasts. In more established gang areas (we do not say 'hood), there seems to be a "live and let live" mentality toward civilians. In areas that are being contested for control, civilians can and will come under fire. Subjectively speaking, I "feel" less safe in PDX than I did in LA for this exact reason; it's just more unpredictable here. If the experience of larger PDs in larger cities holds true, it probably will get worse before it gets better. But heck, welcome to the new millenium and the new recession; this kind of thing always peaks during times of socio-economic crisis. That being said, do I walk to the grocery store at night? Only if I have to. Do I stop at red lights? Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland