Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 08:45 AM

111 posts, read 347,685 times

Advertisements

Ok in october i recieved a positive pregnancy test, but novermber 29th i started bleeding, so i went to the hospital thinking i might have miscarried, when i got there they said i was never pregnant. I was confused because i had ALL of the symptoms. But now its January and i haven't had a "period" sinc november, which lasted 7 dayys and my regular period usually last 4. My periods ALWAYs come on the 24th. exceptfor when i tested positive and now, I had unprotected sex on thanksgiving and the doctor said it was a possibility i could've concieved that day. I took a test a week after thanksgiving and it was negative. The only symptoms i have this time is constipation,tiredness, slight cramps and i crave chocolate..what is going on??? i dont want to keep gong to the hospital because i dont want them to think im a hypocondriac,,, can anyone help me???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 01:01 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,906,831 times
You can buy a HPT for pretty cheap at the family dollar or at Walmart/CVS/Target/Walgreens. etc...

At this point you would be pregnant enough that you don't need to worry about one that is the most sensitive. Just get any old HPT pee test and take it.

I see this is not the first time you have had a question like this.

How old are you now? 18, almost 18? Please take the test, and maybe you should consider taking charge of your fertility instead of letting things just happen and then wondering about it and getting all stressed out. If you are in a stable relationship or married (I still think 18 is kind of young but its not my place to decide) and you and your partner want and can support a baby, then you should sit down and plan things out and not have a hospital as your primary place for getting medical care. If you don't want to get pregnant, please get on some birth control so you can be in charge of when this happens to you.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:21 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,053,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider14 View Post
Hey it's me Northsider14...I'm now 16. and today i decided to look back at all of my previous post. And right now i feel that i've let you all down. You all gave real good advice but i still managed to mess up. It hasn't been any easier to find a job so like most people in my community i'm now selling drugs. I've now been in a couple shoot-outs and witnessed so much death that it no longer affects me. I'm messing up in school and i'm slowly giving up on my dream to attend Clark atlant University. I look back at all my old post and i had my whole life figured out...I wasn't going to be just another statistic...guess i was wrong.
Checking In
Have things changed since this post?

Is there a Planned Parenthood near you or a women's clinic near you - at your high school maybe?

I'd definitely find some professional help. It's out there you just have to look for it. You don't have to go to the hospital for these things. There should be clinics in your area, especially if you're still in "the hood" as you called it in another post. Definitely get on some birth control.

Good luck.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:49 AM

111 posts, read 347,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
Have things changed since this post?

Is there a Planned Parenthood near you or a women's clinic near you - at your high school maybe?

I'd definitely find some professional help. It's out there you just have to look for it. You don't have to go to the hospital for these things. There should be clinics in your area, especially if you're still in "the hood" as you called it in another post. Definitely get on some birth control.

Good luck.
yes a lot of things have changed, i'm in college, i work a job and i have a boyfriend that supports me. and yes i'm 18 now. i'll take a test today!

Old 01-06-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider14 View Post
yes a lot of things have changed, i'm in college, i work a job and i have a boyfriend that supports me. and yes i'm 18 now. i'll take a test today!
That is wonderful, northsider. Good for you for being so strong and turning your life around. Think of the positive example you're setting for other young women. That is awesome. Good luck with the preggers test. I remember taking my first one at age 18... and if you are preggers - don't let a baby keep you from college, and DON'T put yourself in a position to where you're relying on your boyfriend to support you and that baby. I've known too many women who made that mistake and paid the price for it. Anyway - good luck!

Old 01-07-2011, 04:31 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,679,942 times
You might want to take an intelligence test at some point to make sure you are in the normal range. You keep starting threads about being pregnant when you are not. Lengths of cycles do change and seeing as you are only now 18 you can't say I always have my period on the 24th no matter what. Your cycle might be longer than a month and come on a different day each time. My bet is you haven't really recorded your cycles and seen how many days it is on average and what the variance is. This might stop the posting about if you are pregnant or not.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:36 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
Why would you create all this drama and stress in your life? Go get some birth control, and use it. Then, you don't need to worry about if you are or are not pregnant...because you will know you are not...

Old 01-08-2011, 03:13 PM

TXRunner and jasper12 -

1. She is young, if you are going to do dumb things in your life when you're young is the time to do them and then hopefully learn from them.

2. It sounds as if she didn't have much in the way of proper guidance or parenting growing up. She's reaching out for help, guidance, and support and I'm glad she found an outlet on city-data with a few caring people here that have shown her a bit of that.

3. She seems to have grown up in a really bad area/neighborhood/environment. Doesn't seem like she's had much in the way of positive role models to learn from.

4. She is trying to do positive things for herself with her life and giving her a hard time about past negative choices will not help her. Telling her to take an "intelligence test" and asking her why she created "all this drama" isn't productive.

5. I became pregnant while on birth control. It's not always 100% effective.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:59 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
There are methods of birth control that people do not get pregnant on...depo-provera shots, the new nor plant...use these methods, with a back up method, of a condom, which all sexually active people should be using to prevent STD's. Sorry, but I don't buy the "It just happened"...adults who are sexually active should take responsibility for those actions. It is cheaper than having a kid. There is also, the "Just Say "No" method...don't get yourself in situations that will lead to activity if you are not prepared. This is part of being grown up, and standing up for yourself.

If the pregnancy test states you are not pregnant, than you are not. This can be verified by also going to planned parenthood for an additional test. Don't psych yourself out...

Old 01-10-2011, 02:40 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,906,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
There are methods of birth control that people do not get pregnant on.
Only total abstinence guarantees this.

I'd suggest this to the OP but she is young and has a boyfriend and well, unless both of them think abstinence is the best thing to do, I doubt that will happen.

I use a birth control method that has a lower failure rate than tubal ligation. Does that mean I won't get pregnant on it? Nope. Chances are good I won't, but not 0% chance of pregnancy (more like 0.06%)

I agree with haggard that the OP is trying to do well without much in the way of support/role models/proper environment for success and that she could use all of the non-judgmental and good advice she can get right now. The best thing for her is to get through college child free and get a good job and get out on her own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy