Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 02:57 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,250,361 times

Advertisements

The first time I was pregnant I just had 'a feeling'. My periods were really irregular at the time so I had no idea that I had missed a period by that point, but did a test the day after the 'feeling' and it was positive.

The second time morning sickness started at around 4 weeks, I didn't believe I was pregnant and actually just thought I had a stomach bug, until a week later a friend joked that I must be pregnant because I was vomiting so much. Did a test the next day and found out he was right.

I think it you're TTC its very easy to start perceiving symptoms that aren't really there but you never know, those could be symptoms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 08:17 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,452,341 times
Thanks for the input everyone. I appreciate it. Well, I think my mind was playing games on me, and my period came early this month also. Usually I'm pretty regular, but then again I've never paid this close attention also!

Hoping this month it will happen.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:00 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty458 View Post
Thanks for the input everyone. I appreciate it. Well, I think my mind was playing games on me, and my period came early this month also. Usually I'm pretty regular, but then again I've never paid this close attention also!

Hoping this month it will happen.
Since you are truly TTC have you looked into charting your fertility? Timing is everything. It's not terribly hard to learn (timing, temps, cervical mucus, understanding the human reproductive system). I used it for years, NOT to conceive, with 100% success.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:27 AM

1,107 posts, read 1,452,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Since you are truly TTC have you looked into charting your fertility? Timing is everything. It's not terribly hard to learn (timing, temps, cervical mucus, understanding the human reproductive system). I used it for years, NOT to conceive, with 100% success.

Yeah, we tried to time it last month, but didn't have success this past month. I was about 5 days early, which is not normal for me. However, the last few weeks have been a little bit more stressful than usual (We just moved back from FL to CT, staying w/ his mom for a few months until we get new furniture - sold it all, wasn't worth it to bring it all up!) I need to look into the body temp too. I did look up info about the CM too. I did go off the pill about 4 months ago.

Thanks for the tips.... glad this method is working for you!

Old 09-08-2014, 09:53 PM

430 posts, read 379,818 times
1st child wife was 6 weeks when we found out
2nd she was 9 weeks
3rd she was 7 weeks
4th she was 5 weeks we assumed she was a lot farther along but she is not almost 10 weeks. This has been her worst one yet...sick a lot,everything she eats she can't handle...fortunately 1st trimester is right around corner to ending!

Old 09-09-2014, 02:46 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
With my first conception I knew the very morning following conception. I have no idea where I was at in my cycle in fact we were not trying, I was just young and broke, had no insurance at the time, went off the pill and we were using condoms. We were having some rough patches in our relationship, so we weren't getting intimate often. Well...the morning following a rare night of such, my breasts felt sore and weird. More weird than anything...just strange. I said out loud to him, I bet I'm pregnant. I just knew. And I was. There was no other particular reason to think it was so...I just felt it.

The second time I don't actually remember how I realized or how soon it was. Early in the pregnancy, I know, and while we weren't trying in the sense of charting fertility and all, I had figured that if I had one kid I wanted two, and didn't want a huge age gap between them, so I just went off of protection and let it happen...and it didn't take long.

Best wishes and good luck and all of that happy positive stuff!!

Old 09-12-2014, 06:19 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,844,919 times
1) I was almost 10wks
2) I was 4wk
3) 12dpo
4) 22dpo (m/c)

I recommend the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy