Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 07:44 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,539,438 times

Advertisements

And checking life vests for expiration date and if worn properly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 09:12 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,945 times
You know the gvt. really knows how to spend money that isn't there on crap we don't need but feel we need. 23 percent less people own credit cards, the consumer credit card is down but the federal gvt debt is up. How ironic.
I wonder how Prescott survived without this Hummer?

Another gvt waste are side walks in Chino Valley, where there are no businesses. No reason for a person to even walk that far south unless they were going to walk to traffic circle for daily exercise.

Reminds me when I worked for School District, each department was allocated a certain amount of money and they had to spend it all so they would get the same amount to spend the following year so they spent that money on crap they did not need. SO WASTEFUL in my thinking.

Funny how are taxpayers don't say much about the wastes that goes on in gvt but they are okay with the gvt. saying SS and Medicare are entitlements. 48 percent of all retirees will only have SS to live on, sad but true.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
...... each department was allocated a certain amount of money and they had to spend it all so they would get the same amount to spend the following year so they spent that money on crap they did not need.

Sadly, I have heard and read that (or similar) so much over so many years from so many sources, even large private companies.

That whole situation develops a sense of entitlement, particularly in government agencies, where the money just keeps coming in. Taxes, fees and fines can always be increased to meet this sense of entitlement. And every petty little bureaucrat is striving to increase the number of people under him/her, as in indication of power and justification for higher pay.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:36 AM

250 posts, read 1,119,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAinAZ View Post
The OP seemed to have a fear it would be used against him somehow.
I don't recall saying that... let me go back and check.... yup, didn't say it. Huh, that's odd.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:03 PM

551 posts, read 1,590,912 times
Thanks for the laughs! The thought of police boats chasing down rental kayaks made my day.

As a retired city journalist, I can explain some of the seemingly dumb things done.

I think someone mentioned the Chino sidewalks with no businesses. I bet there are city streets. If there are streets present, I can bet the only way they could repair or add streets was buy applying for a grant to install sidewalks paid for the streets. For example around here our city council applied for grants to add bicycle lanes to pay for street repairs. The government approved the grant.

Around here we also have to pay for mass transit so we can receive federal transportation funds. When last checked the city bus service (mass transit) has not made money and our city coffers lose money when running the buses. The buses run at a loss so our city can receive federal monies.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:57 PM

308 posts, read 791,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inderocker View Post
I don't recall saying that... let me go back and check.... yup, didn't say it. Huh, that's odd.
So then, what was the comment about "civil unrest' for? When people use that terminoligy in regards to DHS, they usually mean they are worried about the feds using force against citizens. I was simply trying to put your mind at ease and point out that even though the SWAT vehicle was purchased with a DHS grant, it belongs to the police department and is not for DHS use.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:56 AM

250 posts, read 1,119,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAinAZ View Post
So then, what was the comment about "civil unrest' for? When people use that terminoligy in regards to DHS, they usually mean they are worried about the feds using force against citizens. I was simply trying to put your mind at ease and point out that even though the SWAT vehicle was purchased with a DHS grant, it belongs to the police department and is not for DHS use.
It's just speculation, since I've never seen an instance in Prescott that would require military style vehicles for police use. I find it hard to trust a government whom steps all over our second amendment rights while arming city police around the country to the teeth. I also didn't assume that it would be used by DHS (they have their own arsenal)... I simply stated that it was paid for by homeland security funds. Who's posts are you reading? Either way, IMO it's highly unnecessary and a complete waste of taxpayer dollars.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:53 AM

56 posts, read 140,329 times
the body work on it looks very much like sheet metal , not even sure if it would hold up to any stress .
must not forget the drones that are flying over our heads now . only training for now , BUT training for what ?
got my wifes colander lined with foil so i can wear it to block messages from space aliens .

Old 06-30-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dododolittle View Post
got my wifes colander lined with foil so i can wear it to block messages from space aliens .
I am more afraid of the gummint reading my thoughts or putting thoughts in my head. Our house has a metal roof and is completely foil-wrapped. The windows are low-E smart glass, so no radio waves can go in or out.

With a pyramid-shaped tinfoil hat, I am even safe from my smart meter emissions.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:05 PM

56 posts, read 140,329 times
on my property and next to my house is 5000 round water tank .
origanilly i was going to paint a bullseye target on it but changed my mind . insted a painted a "Happy Face" on it . now from time to time as planes follow I-40 some will veer off and fly over to check it out . next year i will be repainting and figuring out what to put up next .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott