Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 06:25 PM

122 posts, read 154,741 times

Advertisements

So I'm able to get all the major TV stations over the air with my attic antenna EXCEPT for NBC. According to antennaweb.org I SHOULD be able to get NBC as well, but no. I've seen in past discussions other folks having problems receiving NBC over the air as well and I was just wondering if anyone is actually able to get NBC over the air in Prescott? If so, what type of antenna do you have and do you happen to know what direction the signal is coming from (it's suppose to be from the NE)? Alternatively does anyone know if NBC is streamed by a local station over the internet? Football season is upon us ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2017, 06:39 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,695,586 times
Not sure where you are at in relation to the repeater but Prescott has lots of hills and if you are on the backside you may be blocked?

Old 08-19-2017, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
Not sure where you are at in relation to the repeater but Prescott has lots of hills and if you are on the backside you may be blocked?
Yeah, I figure it's likely something like being on the backside of a hill which is blocking me. But if I punch my specific address into antennaweb.org it claims that the NBC signal is the exact same antenna rotation and distance as several other stations all of which I receive just fine. Me thinks antennaweb is lying to me, just wondering if anyone else is having troubles getting NBC too.

Old 08-20-2017, 01:01 AM

353 posts, read 414,561 times
NBC could be a UHF channel.

Old 08-20-2017, 09:47 AM

243 posts, read 298,402 times
Tablotv.com shows NBC being available for 86314 zip, but I know that my cell service (Verizon) suffers badly in areas that claim I should have coverage! ArizonaTVWorx.com shows that NBC will not always be available in this area. Try USTVNOW.Com they are a subscription based provider originally for the US troops that are out of the country, at 30 bucks a month much less than subscription TV but still may not be the solution that you are looking for if you are trying to cut the cord.
Have you considered an Android based streaming devise? there are many good ones out there now, we have the Nvidia Shield and are very happy with it. Also check into the many APP's available now that would allow you to stream NBC. These only require you to have the internet.

Last edited by YetiMan; 08-20-2017 at 10:36 AM..

Old 07-06-2019, 01:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,330 times
NBC repeater is on Mingus mt.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:24 AM

404 posts, read 765,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23Bone View Post
NBC repeater is on Mingus mt.
Do you have any documentation for this? TVFool doesn't show anything to support that and in my experience over the past decade I've never been able to get NBC from any of the homes I've lived in. Not that TVF is authoritative, but it's been pretty accurate in the past.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:12 PM

555 posts, read 595,280 times
We're in PV/Pronghorn Ranch. Our antenna is an outdoor one with an amplifier and is pointed northeast towards Mingus Mountain. NBC comes in fine but didn't come in without the amplifier.

Old 07-12-2019, 11:34 AM

antennaweb.org shows NBC coming from Mingus, 20 miles away from me. tvfool.com shows NBC coming from Flagstaff 59 miles away from me. Personally I believe tvfool, I receive other channels from mingus with no problem and shouldn't need an amplifier to receive a signal that close. I have an attic antenna, tried an amplifier to get NBC but I still couldn't receive it and the amplifier made closer channels worse (over-amplified). So I took the amplifier off and live without NBC, since I have hulu (not live TV hulu) this is only a problem during football season.

Old 07-12-2019, 12:09 PM

15,417 posts, read 9,065,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crad View Post
antennaweb.org shows NBC coming from Mingus, 20 miles away from me. tvfool.com shows NBC coming from Flagstaff 59 miles away from me. Personally I believe tvfool, I receive other channels from mingus with no problem and shouldn't need an amplifier to receive a signal that close. I have an attic antenna, tried an amplifier to get NBC but I still couldn't receive it and the amplifier made closer channels worse (over-amplified). So I took the amplifier off and live without NBC, since I have hulu (not live TV hulu) this is only a problem during football season.
It looks like there is a translator for KNAZ-TV in Prescott. Maybe you could pick it up with a better antenna. You could probably call KNAZ's technical department and ask for help figuring out what you need to do to receive the station.

TV Query Results -- Video Division (FCC) USA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
View detailed profiles of: